vomit

NFL Draft 2022

I don't usually like Jets drafts. For example, I didn't want Sanchez, didn't want Darnold. Didn't want Geno Smith... Dustin Keller... Kyle Wilson... Maybe the Ellis, Abraham, Pennington draft? I don't even know. I suppose I liked last year mostly because I thought Elijah Moore was a steal.

But I absolutely LOVE what they did last night. Gardner was tops on my wish list. I would have been okay with taking an OL if one of the top 3 fell to us at 10 and would have also been okay with Kyle Hamilton but I was pretty certain they were going WR since the pick was offered for DK Metcalf. I much prefer drafting Wilson at 10 than trading for Deebo and making him the highest paid WR when what makes him special is his dual threat ability which he no longer wants to do. Then to trade back in for Johnson and all it cost us was moving back in round 3 and a 5th... I think that was a steal. If they can somehow manage to land Dean tonight I would be elated. I don't think it happens without a trade up though and would be fine doing so if it doesn't cost a ton.

Ravens end up with Kyle Hamilton, Linderbaum and Ojabo? Jesus f. :shocking: 

1 hour ago, Vince44 said:

Giants are winning this draft. 

I can't remember such a dominating performance. Someone should call mercy. 

1 hour ago, MDC said:

Yep they are the ones having a great draft and have tons of picks.

2 hours ago, MDC said:

Rich get richer.

Well, except they still need a real QB

Just now, MTSkiBum said:

The bills announcer was pretty good :lol:

Yea that was great.

Just now, IGotWorms said:

Rich get richer.

Well, except they still need a real QB

Ravens, Giants and Jets stand out to me as really good drafts.

I can’t remember ever feeling this way before, but the Eagles have had a really excellent draft too. 

4 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

He just went back to the 2020 draft? Swear that’s what he said.

Yea, he missed saying TWO there.  And 22 was his number!

27 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

The bills announcer was pretty good :lol:

He’s on good morning football on nfl network. 

On 4/28/2022 at 9:52 PM, MDC said:

Cowboys have had a pretty bad offseason. I still think they’re the best team in the NFCE, but the gap has narrowed.

Are we tho? Lost Amari, lost Gregory, lost Neal. Meanwhile the entire rest of the East appears to be killing the draft. 

I actually like the day 2 picks for us........but still, I'm not convinced we're still the division favorite... Huge uncertainties at wr, huge hole at DT (SHOCKING), TE question marks, OL doubts and a slow ass rb who is not only a year older, but counting $18.2m against the cap in 2022. Then there's the question of Dak, are we getting the all pro Dak of the 1st few weeks, or the brick throwing spare of the end of the season? 

If NY or Philly ever get a QB - watch out, they're coming. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gepetto said:

Yea, he missed saying TWO there.  And 22 was his number!

he also pronounces it Smiff 

this just in....

The Cowboys blew the second round as well

dumb fux!!!

from what I can tell at this point, this is how I grade our picks so far...

Tyler Smith D
Sam Williams C+
Jalen Tolbert A

Colts have had an excellent draft.  Offense will have explosive potential if Reich can figure out how to use the weapons.  

11 hours ago, Gepetto said:

EMMITT!!!!!!!!

Dallas Cowboys pick

Jalen Tolbert WR

I like this guy :thumbsup:

and the 1 great thing about our 1st three picks is the tenacity 

Giants didn't "win" anything. I'm not anti Giants as a Jets fan but the Giants got two great picks in round 1 because that's how the board fell. At 5, they could afford to take Kayvon because one of Ekwonu or Neal would be there at 7 :dunno: That's hard to screw up. Even if Kayvon ends up being average or busts, it was a talent they HAD to take there... would have been more interesting if the Texans took Ekwonu instead of Stingley. Then the Giants would have had to make a real decision.  Then in round 2 they traded back not once (with the Jets) but twice and it cost them Andrew Booth, who would have been a MUCH better pick than a slot WR. Booth is very good and would have helped solve the Bradberry issue. 

Pains me to say it but the Eagles landing AJ Brown, Jordan Davis and Nakobe Dean.... now thats a great draft haul. 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

Pains me to say it but the Eagles landing AJ Brown, Jordan Davis and Nakobe Dean.... now thats a great draft haul. 

Brown was a trade and they signed him to $25 million a year. For a WR. Silly bad. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Big Guy said:

from what I can tell at this point, this is how I grade our picks so far...

Tyler Smith D
Sam Williams C+
Jalen Tolbert A

I actually like Tyler Smith some from what I have seen.  He was connected to the Packers a little so I looked into him.  Seems like he has huge upside and can play G or RT.   It is an upside pick for sure but that was about thr range he was supposed to be picked.

Sam Williams is classic Jerrah Jones.  A Randy Gregory pick here.

I am a Tolbert fan having looked into the WRs a lot this year.  He again though is upside.  

All 3 players have big upside.  Maybe Sam Williams the most immediate impact if he doesnt go do something dumb between now and then.  I dont see it as a bad draft unless I am missing something key about their roster and needs coming in.  

• Like 1

On 4/29/2022 at 8:33 AM, listen2me 23 said:

If thr Packers could just not draft Christian Watson.

And please draft John Metchie that would be great.  

So trading both 2nd to move up towards the top of the 2nd to get the one guy I didn't want is not ideal for me.  

But he seems like a good guy, hard worker, and pretty smart.  But he won't be going against 5'9 4.7 corners all of a sudden now.  

Pickens will naturally be a great pick now.  The one year we picked right before Pitt. We trade back go Kevin King.  Then take Josh Jones a freak athlete safety.   Pitt stay put takes Watt and juju.  So yeah Pickens will be in the pro bowl in a year or 2.  Like clockwork.  

10 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

I am not bashing the Eagles draft but I myself do not find what they did so great.  

Pay top dollar for what a top 15 WR? Thats top end money isn't it? Davis could be great but hr will play half the snaps in a game.  He better be elite in those snaps to justify going so high.  Dean is obviously a steal but there was obviously some injury concerns teams had that created the slide so who knows.  If hes fine thats great value. 

On 4/28/2022 at 10:59 PM, KSB2424 said:

Really happy the Panthers went OT @ #6.  I would have been happy with Evan Neal or Charles Cross either......but happy they got the hometown kid.  

This wasn't the year to pick a QB in the Top 10. 

What do you think of Corral?

Miami Dolphins

Round 1) no pick  - we got Tyreek Hill bitches!

Round 2) no pick - we got Tyreek Hill bitches!

Round 3) Future Hall of Fame LB out of Georgia - Channing Tindall

Dolphins avoided a bust in the first two rounds and ended up with a hall of fame LB all your GMs overlooked.  How bout them Dolphins!!!!  :banana:

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

Same here, that's crazy!  I know the the Cowboys could have taken at least one, but aren't OTHER Teams drafting as well!?!

The Giants are doing a good job as well

13 hours ago, Gepetto said:

What were the talking heads saying about him going from sitting in green room on day 1 to falling all the way to mid 3rd round? 

2 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

Brown was a trade and they signed him to $25 million a year. For a WR. Silly bad. 

wait, brown was a trade?!! You don’t say 😆 

I’m not here to worry about the $$. I care about the talent. AJ Brown is a stud and young and Philly needed a guy like that to know if Hurts is the long term answer. 

way better than the talked about Deebo trade that would have cost the Jets the 10th pick and made him the highest paid WR who no longer wants to take handoffs. 

I would have traded for and paid AJ Brown or DK Metcalf because I do prefer the known commodity 

11 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

wait, brown was a trade?!! You don’t say 😆 

I’m not here to worry about the $$. I care about the talent. AJ Brown is a stud and young and Philly needed a guy like that to know if Hurts is the long term answer. 

way better than the talked about Deebo trade that would have cost the Jets the 10th pick and made him the highest paid WR who no longer wants to take handoffs. 

I would have traded for and paid AJ Brown or DK Metcalf because I do prefer the known commodity 

You have to worry about the $$$ with the salary cap.

Traditionally it would be a bad idea to tie up that much cap room in a wide receiver who touches the ball probably 6-7 times per game and usually cannot single handedly dictate a game like a QB or pass rusher.

But times have changed and the game is now much different. So who am I to say it’s a bad idea under this new paradigm? But it should be a question.

Giants are getting it done

I swear the Giants & the Eagles have every other pick in the draft

WE own the 5th round this year lol

#129 = TE ~ Jake Ferguson / Wisconsin :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, IGotWorms said:

You have to worry about the $$$ with the salary cap.

Traditionally it would be a bad idea to tie up that much cap room in a wide receiver who touches the ball probably 6-7 times per game and usually cannot single handedly dictate a game like a QB or pass rusher.

But times have changed and the game is now much different. So who am I to say it’s a bad idea under this new paradigm? But it should be a question.

Lol yea I know the salary cap is important I was saying it’s not for me to worry about the money, that’s on them. I’m just looking at the talent of the player and the fact he’s still young. 

he could easily be targeted a dozen times a game. 

cooper Kupp was the super bowl mvp and that teams mvp. Receivers can make a difference in this NFL. And getting a proven commodity is a big plus