fandandy

Who is doing Ozark tonight?

8 hours ago, Big Guy said:

same

I can see this.  You have a vibe that melds with me.

Lissen, you fourtyassmotherfockers.  You guys are starting to piss me off.

Posty is on my shitlist.  Do you want to add yourself?

34 minutes ago, fandandy said:

Lissen, you fourtyassmotherfockers.  You guys are starting to piss me off.

Posty is on my shitlist.  Do you want to add yourself?

I'm your huckleberry :wave:

Is that show any good? I saw the first season and it just seemed like a half-baked breaking bad knockoff. Excessively dark and not that interesting. However I did watch the whole season so it wasn’t so bad that I turned it off :dunno:

1 minute ago, IGotWorms said:

Is that show any good? I saw the first season and it just seemed like a half-baked breaking bad knockoff. Excessively dark and not that interesting. However I did watch the whole season so it wasn’t so bad that I turned it off :dunno:

Just go back to watching something more your speed. Like whatever that urkle show is. Or your favorite, The View. 

2 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Just go back to watching something more your speed. Like whatever that urkle show is. Or your favorite, The View. 

Quit following me, creep

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IGotWorms said:

Quit following me, creep

Quit posting idiotic things libtard.

8 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Quit posting idiotic things libtard.

Quit bringing politics into every thread.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Quit bringing politics into every thread.

Not til liberals are out of power. :dunno:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Not til liberals are out of power. :dunno:

What exactly does this have to do with Ozark?

35 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

I think it's great; I love watching the evolution (or devolution?) of characters, and there are a few really good (bad) ones.  :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, jerryskids said:

I think it's great; I love watching the evolution (or devolution?) of characters, and there are a few really good (bad) ones.  :thumbsup:

Maybe I’ll give it another shot. Should I pick up at season 2 or can I/should I skip any of it?

40 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Maybe I’ll give it another shot. Should I pick up at season 2 or can I/should I skip any of it?

Season 2 is better than season 1. I will say the end of season 1 was awesome and why I stuck around. Very good show, not all time great though. I feel the same way about Breaking Bad if that’s a reference. 

4 hours ago, jerryskids said:

What exactly does this have to do with Ozark?

Liberals should always being put down. Even in an Ozark thread. Amd I'll start calling you out whenever you go off thread script. Go into the biden thread and call everyone out there before you come in here and call me out.  Or don't. 

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Liberals should always being put down. Even in an Ozark thread.

No they shouldn't.  That's not how a chat board works, successfully anyway.  We disagree in political threads, then put it aside in non-political threads.  You are as close as we have to a bot, myopically dragging everything back to politics.  It's quite sad and I wish you'd stop or leave.

Amd I'll start calling you out whenever you go off thread script. Go into the biden thread and call everyone out there before you come in here and call me out.  Or don't. 

If you feel like I'm sidetracking a thread unduly, feel free to call me out on it.  Otherwise I don't consider myself a mod, I just notice you because you are so bot-like.  :dunno:

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

No they shouldn't.  That's not how a chat board works, successfully anyway.  We disagree in political threads, then put it aside in non-political threads.  You are as close as we have to a bot, myopically dragging everything back to politics.  It's quite sad and I wish you'd stop or leave.

If you feel like I'm sidetracking a thread unduly, feel free to call me out on it.  Otherwise I don't consider myself a mod, I just notice you because you are so bot-like.  :dunno:

Yeah, that's what I am. 

You use the most bot like phrase and call me that. :doh:

23 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Yeah, that's what I am. 

You use the most bot like phrase and call me that. :doh:

"bot like" is the most bot like phrase?  That's deep.

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

"bot like" is the most bot like phrase?  That's deep.

Deep thought. :thumbsup:

The real thing to look for is the question to the answer 42 that is life, the universe, and everything. 

7 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Season 2 is better than season 1. I will say the end of season 1 was awesome and why I stuck around. Very good show, not all time great though. I feel the same way about Breaking Bad if that’s a reference. 

That’s helpful. I thought breaking bad was good but not great until it really hit its peak, I think around season 4? It was great at its apex, imo 

Enjoyed Ozark, but was left a little "meh" by the conclusion.  It also got a little too much to bear Wendy ALWAYS opting to choose the most difficult and dangerous option with the highest likelihood of death or failure with far easier options available to solve a problem.  I mean, a LOT was okay... EVERY SINGLE TIME... not so much.  Left a little to be desired.

37 minutes ago, Mephisto said:

Enjoyed Ozark, but was left a little "meh" by the conclusion.  It also got a little too much to bear Wendy ALWAYS opting to choose the most difficult and dangerous option with the highest likelihood of death or failure with far easier options available to solve a problem.  I mean, a LOT was okay... EVERY SINGLE TIME... not so much.  Left a little to be desired.

I have only watched the first new episode and will watch more today. But your comments seem to sum up the first new episode I watched. I try to buy into what the writers or the directors or actors or whoever want me to buy into to enjoy the show, and for the most part I do. But like other shows, there are some things you just can't get past. So far Ruth has been the star of the series. What a great character. 

Finished Ozark. 

1 hour ago, joneo said:

Finished Ozark. 

When do we start the spoilers only thread …..

3 minutes ago, TommyGavin said:

Start it. If you put "Caution: Spoilers" in the heading, it's their fault if they click and learn something. 

On 4/30/2022 at 6:08 PM, bostonlager said:

You didn’t watch The Hogan Family back in the 80s?

He was better on It's Your Move before that and love that show. He also was on Eps of Silver Spoons before that.

On 5/2/2022 at 1:03 PM, joneo said:

Finished Ozark. 

On 5/2/2022 at 2:43 PM, TommyGavin said:

On 5/2/2022 at 2:47 PM, joneo said:

Start it. If you put "Caution: Spoilers" in the heading, it's their fault if they click and learn something. 

Please not here, guys.  This may take me and others a minute.  

On 5/1/2022 at 2:36 PM, IGotWorms said:

I can't even explain it.  I have complained the entire time but I can't get enough.  I honestly think you may like it.  It jumped the shark in season one and there are so many things that bug me intellectually but it is a genuinely good watch.  In my opinion, it is worth the time.

1 minute ago, fandandy said:

I can't even explain it.  I have complained the entire time but I can't get enough.  I honestly think you may like it.  It jumped the shark in season one and there are so many things that bug me intellectually but it is a genuinely good watch.  In my opinion, it is worth the time.

Big mistake. No reason to think when watching shows like that. Just roll with it. :thumbsup:

Just now, Utilit99 said:

Big mistake. No reason to think when watching shows like that. Just roll with it. :thumbsup:

And you sir are correct.  You know what I am saying though.

I didnt watch this season yet.  I thought the first season was good.  Thought the 2nd one was too but got progressively ridiculous.  And the 3rd just got totally ridiculous.   Like with most shows I thought it was good at thr beginning and after season 1 gets progressively goofy which isn't my cup of tea but I understand it has to be done in order to keep people interested. 

On fence about digging into this season.  I forgot some of what was going on and am not going back to rewatch the other seasons.  I am not a binge watcher.  

14 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

I didnt watch this season yet.  I thought the first season was good.  Thought the 2nd one was too but got progressively ridiculous.  And the 3rd just got totally ridiculous.   Like with most shows I thought it was good at thr beginning and after season 1 gets progressively goofy which isn't my cup of tea but I understand it has to be done in order to keep people interested. 

On fence about digging into this season.  I forgot some of what was going on and am not going back to rewatch the other seasons.  I am not a binge watcher.  

This is me.  I so easily forget.  I thought let's just rewatch the last episode of last season and then I will be up to speed so to speak.  Either I missed an episode or I went back an episode too far, but the next thing knew it felt like I was on some Stars Wars pre-cursor geek-fest.  I'm out.

15 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Ruth is awesome in the final episodes but Wendy is a psycho. So good and bad. 

If anything, rewatch the last 15 minutes or so of 4.7. If not the whole single episode. If you don't recall that is.  That was a good ending at that point going into the new ones. I think that's where they left off.

And then she is popping popcorn and burning it in the miicrowave.  How does one do that?

6 minutes ago, fandandy said:

And then she is popping popcorn and burning it in the miicrowave.  How does one do that?

I've done it before. :mad:

Just now, Utilit99 said:

I've done it before. :mad:

I'm thinking to myself as I smell burnt microwave popcorn, there is a popcorn button.  A button that actually says POPCORN.  How do you fock this up?

Just now, fandandy said:

I'm thinking to myself as I smell burnt microwave popcorn, there is a popcorn button.  A button that actually says POPCORN.  How do you fock this up?

I don't know. I use air poppers for a long while now.