Sign in to follow this  
The Football Guru

Instant Fantasy Analysis - RB Pierre Strong Jr., Patriots

Draft Profile

Team Fit: Few (if any) running backs in this draft class offer the kind of explosiveness Strong does. His career 7.2 yards per carry mark on 631 attempts is good even after the fact he played most of his games against FCS competition is factored into the equation.) Strong's 4.37 speed gives him a chance, as does his vision and instincts. Ironically, Strong does not run with much power and is more of a one-cut runner than make-you-miss back. Ball security was also an issue in 2021 (five fumbles). Strong is likely being viewed as back-of-the-roster competition for J.J. Taylor as a rookie, meaning he can be mostly ignored in 2022 as long as Damien Harris and Rhamondre Stevenson stay healthy.

Patriots are obviously sticking with the run heavy approach, which if typical of belichick going against the grain. All these options means that none of them are likely to have sustained success as an RB1 or RB2 over the season. Rookie RBs do rarely play a lot for Belichick so you can probably write them off but you should also knock down Harris and Stevenson

• Like 1

That’s why taking a OG with their first pick makes sense. 

I think Stevenson knocks down himself and Harris, and not the new rookie. 

I look Stevenson to be much more involved this season. 

I say a low rb2 high rb 3   

On 5/1/2022 at 3:39 PM, weepaws said:

That’s why taking a OG with their first pick makes sense. 

I think Stevenson knocks down himself and Harris, and not the new rookie. 

I look Stevenson to be much more involved this season. 

I say a low rb2 high rb 3   

Hearing that Stevenson has been getting in work in the passing , due to P Strong not having a good game.