Sign in to follow this  
Mike Honcho

Good Morning

Wet and gloomy weekend---didn't get a chance to mow lawn and not it looks like a swamp.  Could have done it Saturday morning but I was crazy sick.  Woke up at 8, fed the cat, wasn't feeling well, so I went back to bed, heard some thunder, looked at the clock and it was 3 in the afternoon.  That might be the most I've slept in my adult life, pretty crazy---think  it was something I ate.  I did manage to hook up new surround sound system, sounds great, going to upgrade all the speaker wire this week---sort of a pain in the ass, but it's something I should have done right the first time. 

On the day before this day in 2022 this happened. 

Every geek, have a great week.

I am almost there with you, I had a cold this weekend as well and did hardly anything around the house :(. Saturday I took a 3 hour nap and the last few nights I have been getting 9+ hours of sleep at night. Even with all that I am extremely tired right now. I feel like i should crawl back into bed and close my eyes.

No cough, just a little fever, but so tired.

My daughter and wife have both had 100 degree fevers and a cough for the last 5 days or so, it is probably related.

ETA---got the keys to the new office this morning.  My 2 mile commute is officially changing to 20 miles.  Wishing doesn't work for crap!

Son took off the training wheels this weekend and is riding on his own. He’s very excited. Had four goals in soccer as well (no goalie). Did great in his little flag football thing. Both coaches are lesbians. One is ok the other is a lesbian poster child. They do this sit around the circle thing at the end and she talks about bullying and being kind and how it’s ok to be different. Blah blah. I’m sure by the end of this it will progress into all out woke garbage. When that starts we leave early. You can see the build up coming.  I just want him to have fun and exercise. 

8 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Son took off the training wheels this weekend and is riding on his own. He’s very excited. Had four goals in soccer as well (no goalie). Did great in his little flag football thing. Both coaches are lesbians. One is ok the other is a lesbian poster child. They do this sit around the circle thing at the end and she talks about bullying and being kind and how it’s ok to be different. Blah blah. I’m sure by the end of this it will progress into all out woke garbage. When that starts we leave early. You can see the build up coming.  I just want him to have fun and exercise. 

Very cool.

I remember my first attempt, uncle behind me holding the bike and running---felt I was balance, let go and I veered off directly into my neighbors rose bushes. I looked like a Freddy Krueger victim.  🤣

• Haha 1

Just now, Mike Honcho said:

Very cool.

I remember my first attempt, uncle behind me holding the bike and running---felt I was balance, let go and I veered off directly into my neighbors rose bushes. I looked like a Freddy Krueger victim.  🤣

Yeah, I’m a dik as you all know. I goaded him because the girl down the block took her training wheels off already. Now I have to get him a new bike as promised. He wants the spider man one. I’m pushing for Batman.  

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yeah, I’m a dik as you all know. I goaded him because the girl down the block took her training wheels off already. Now I have to get him a new bike as promised. He wants the spider man one. I’m pushing for Batman.  

I would recommend the below bike, it is the cheapest aluminum kids bike that I could find that was not a Chinese knockoff. I make my kids bike ride with me for miles which would be impossible on a spider man huffy.

Although how much you spend on a bike really depends on how much they would use it. I also have the advantage of 2 kids, I bought my daughter a boys bike in neutral colors and passed it down to my son.

https://www.sunandski.com/p/77120056650002110/haro-boy-s-shredder-18-sidewalk-bike-21

3 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

I would recommend the below bike, it is the cheapest aluminum kids bike that I could find that was not a Chinese knockoff. I make my kids bike ride with me for miles which would be impossible on a spider man huffy.

Although how much you spend on a bike really depends on how much they would use it. I also have the advantage of 2 kids, I bought my daughter a boys bike in neutral colors and passed it down to my son.

https://www.sunandski.com/p/77120056650002110/haro-boy-s-shredder-18-sidewalk-bike-21

Looks good. I’ll get him a real bike in a few years. He’s only 5 and he’ll grow out of what I buy now. He can have fun with the super hero stuff. 

43 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

ETA---got the keys to the new office this morning.  My 2 mile commute is officially changing to 20 miles.  Wishing doesn't work for crap!

You should have prayed, god always answers. 

• Haha 1

Good morning everyone. It's Mayday holiday in China which means I'm busy. Just got done with a long day.

Closer to home for you guys, the hair band draft is done, bostonlager should make it available for voting soon. He wants two rounds, the first reduces seven to three, the second three to one.

May 2nd.  Remember Osama Bin Laden with three shots and a splash of water.  :cheers:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

May 2nd.  Remember Osama Bin Laden with three shots and a splash of water.  :cheers:

Damn- that one’s hard to top.

Yesterday marked the 12 year anniversary of the Nashville flood. It was crazy bad.

Temps have reached low 80s here. Cut the yard Friday, worked Trampled by Turtles Saturday/ Kurt Vile Sunday. One of my coworkers went home early Saturday, found out he’s got the Covid. Great.

Starting Monday with a dentist appointment and waiting for the follow up call from last week’s doctor appointment.