Sign in to follow this  
Utilit99

Pittsburgh Steelers unreal schedule.

25 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

The 18 teams were the teams willing to play THIS year.  If they got a home game, the HMA, that's where they'd play.  If they didn't, they were on the hook to play somewhere else.  The teams who didn't get a home game, picked the road game they were willing to accept.  So, because the Seahawks didn't get a home game in Canada, they chose to accept a game in Germany.  They didn't have to take that one if they didn't want to.  The teams that took the road games were supposedly (from what I heard on NFL Radio), to be guaranteed a home game in 2 years and no road game in 4 years.  But, we know how things change.

They just didn't opt in for THIS year, but they will play games over the 8 year period.

I'm more inclined to believe players are getting hurt more because of their own demands in the 2010 CBA than the 17th game this year.  Notice the jump in injuries after the 2010 season, when they demanded less hitting and practices in pads in the new CBA starting in 2011.

I guess let me rephrase my question. If you know you’re going to have to play at least 1 international game over the next 8 years and every nfl franchise wants all of this because it’s more money etc… why wouldn’t every team opt in now? That’s my point I guess. The fact that every team did not opt in NOW, to take advantage of the HMA, even knowing they will eventually have to play a game internationally hints that not every ownership is fully on board 🤷🏻‍♂️

Also I wasn’t saying more players got hurt because of a 17 game season. I’m saying teams didn’t rush players back and/or sat players for more minor issues than in the past. I believe this to be partly a product of the extra week and extra playoff spot. 

8 hours ago, Bill E. said:

:mad:

He hates on the Steelers but does not realize the Steekers never had a losing season with Tomlin. Won't be this year either.

12 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

I guess let me rephrase my question. If you know you’re going to have to play at least 1 international game over the next 8 years and every nfl franchise wants all of this because it’s more money etc… why wouldn’t every team opt in now? That’s my point I guess. The fact that every team did not opt in NOW, to take advantage of the HMA, even knowing they will eventually have to play a game internationally hints that not every ownership is fully on board 🤷🏻‍♂️

Also I wasn’t saying more players got hurt because of a 17 game season. I’m saying teams didn’t rush players back and/or sat players for more minor issues than in the past. I believe this to be partly a product of the extra week and extra playoff spot. 

The reason only 18 teams opted was because only the NFC teams were going to get the home game.  It's only the NFC teams because they're getting the 9th home game this year.  I'm guessing the AFC teams who opted in, did it because they I'm guessing they are more eager to build an international fan base.  While merchandise is a part of the shared revenue by the league, I believe it's only 60%.

Ah, gotcha.  Yeah, you may be right.

4 hours ago, BeenHereBefore said:

He hates on the Steelers but does not realize the Steekers never had a losing season with Tomlin. Won't be this year either.

Winning seasons don't necessarily equate to being a Super Bowl contender.

8 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Winning seasons don't necessarily equate to being a Super Bowl contender.

Agreed but you had them down as winning 6 games. Like I said they hadn't had a losing season since Tomlin was with them.

Just now, BeenHereBefore said:

Agreed but you had them down as winning 6 games. Like I said they hadn't had a losing season since Tomlin was with them.

Oh that.  I like Tomlin, he's a great coach.  Not surprising he came from Tampa.  But, I just don't believe in Trubisky or the kid they drafted.  Crappy Ben is still a reasonably adequate QB who can keep you alive.

1 minute ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Oh that.  I like Tomlin, he's a great coach.  Not surprising he came from Tampa.  But, I just don't believe in Trubisky or the kid they drafted.  Crappy Ben is still a reasonably adequate QB who can keep you alive.

Fair enough although I disagree about Ben the last two years,Tribisky and Pickett got a lot of weapons this years so we will see if they suck or not.

1 minute ago, BeenHereBefore said:

Fair enough although I disagree about Ben the last two years,Tribisky and Pickett got a lot of weapons this years so we will see if they suck or not.

Trubisky will be fine. Whoever wins the job will be fine. 

Pittsburgh benefits greatly from their travel schedule and maybe that can put them in the winning category. I just don't know much about their team this year yet and who they need to play. Depends on which division they need to play against outside of their own. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BeenHereBefore said:

I think Pickett's upside is substantially higher than Trubisky's.  If Pickett wins the job out of camp, that'll be much more telling of the potential of this team.  They very well might win 9 games this year if he's in from Day 1.  Though, I will add, their schedule isn't all that promising where the only "soft" opponents they have, meaning game that they will be an easy favorite is the Jets.  I don't envision them being a favorite in many games.  Aside from the Jets (which could be a totally different team when they play), what games do you think they'll be favored?  I can see the games against Cleveland if Watson isn't the QB, probably Carolina and Atlanta.  Maybe the Saints too, since that's a home game... but if it's in September or October, maybe not.

Vegas has them as the 23rd longest shot to win the Super Bowl and at 7.5 wins.

3 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I think Pickett's upside is substantially higher than Trubisky's.  If Pickett wins the job out of camp, that'll be much more telling of the potential of this team.  They very well might win 9 games this year if he's in from Day 1.  Though, I will add, their schedule isn't all that promising where the only "soft" opponents they have, meaning game that they will be an easy favorite is the Jets.  I don't envision them being a favorite in many games.  Aside from the Jets (which could be a totally different team when they play), what games do you think they'll be favored?  I can see the games against Cleveland if Watson isn't the QB, probably Carolina and Atlanta.  Maybe the Saints too, since that's a home game... but if it's in September or October, maybe not.

Vegas has them as the 23rd longest shot to win the Super Bowl and at 7.5 wins.

Yea other then the travel thing I believe they have the 4th toughest schedule in 22. Vegas had them at 40 to 1 last year.

8 minutes ago, BeenHereBefore said:

Yea other then the travel thing I believe they have the 4th toughest schedule in 22. Vegas had them at 40 to 1 last year.

They might be playing the AFC East. That's rough along with their own division if that is the case. I guess we find out tonight.

1 minute ago, Utilit99 said:

They might be playing the AFC East. That's rough along with their own division if that is the case. I guess we find out tonight.

Agreed and pretty sure the Bills is on their schedule.

3 minutes ago, BeenHereBefore said:

Agreed and pretty sure the Bills is on their schedule.

Yeah. Currently they are way better off without Roethlisberger anymore. His time came to pass. 

Even if they don't have a winning season this year they are on the right road to recover quickly. 

3 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Yeah. Currently they are way better off without Roethlisberger anymore. His time came to pass. 

Even if they don't have a winning season this year they are on the right road to recover. 

Ben was a statue  and couldn't throw over the middle, he should have called it quits after is elbow surgery two years ago. I agree either QB is a upgrade over Ben past his prime.

2 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

Even if they don't have a winning season this year they are on the right road to recover quickly. 

Then why did he retire? :dunno:

6 minutes ago, frank said:

Pittsburgh would have "retired" him anyway. You don't think QBs that have been on a team for like 18 years and winning big don't get respect of being ushered slowly out without embarrassment? 

Just now, Utilit99 said:

Pittsburgh would have "retired" him anyway. You don't think QBs that have been on a team for like 18 years and winning big don't get respect of being ushered slowly out without embarrassment? 

Read it again. 

Just now, frank said:

Read it again. 

Ok. I'll answer again.

10 minutes ago, frank said:

His time came to pass.

2 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Ok. I'll answer again.

His time came to pass.

If it was his time to pass, shouldn’t he keep playing? :dunno:

Just now, frank said:

If it was his time to pass, shouldn’t he keep playing? :dunno:

I see. I meant his time to pass the chips while watching the game. :lol:

On 5/11/2022 at 2:37 PM, TBayXXXVII said:

Wow!!  What do you think will be the catastrophic event that will cause the other 15 teams in the AFC to not be able to field teams this year?  😯

😉

Roger Goodell proclaims that any team without a black HC and at least one other black assistant coach are instantly eliminated from the post season. 

11 hours ago, DonS said:

Roger Goodell proclaims that any team without a black HC and at least one other black assistant coach are instantly eliminated from the post season. 

Whew.  Good thing Arians moved up to the front office then!

:thumbsup:

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Whew.  Good thing Arians moved up to the front office then!

:thumbsup:

He must've been tipped off by Goodell of the impending rule.  That's focking shady. :nono:

11 minutes ago, DonS said:

He must've been tipped off by Goodell of the impending rule.  That's focking shady. :nono:

Prove it!  You got nuttin'!  :argue:

On 5/12/2022 at 3:30 AM, BeenHereBefore said:

Maybe not but I would almost rather have a losing season to get them to admit they need more than a few tweaks.   Hopefully the new QB works out.  I wish they had waited a year and ran with Tribisky  this year to see what he could do.   They could have bolstered their line with that pick. 

On 5/12/2022 at 9:26 PM, DonS said:

and yet The Steelers would sill lose in the 1st round of the playoffs.

1 hour ago, Bill E. said:

Maybe not but I would almost rather have a losing season to get them to admit they need more than a few tweaks.   Hopefully the new QB works out.  I wish they had waited a year and ran with Tribisky  this year to see what he could do.   They could have bolstered their line with that pick. 

I agree and a lot of Steelers fans felt the same. You got to like the two wr's they picked though.

NFL has always babied pittsburg. Any time there's a controversial play in one of their games they get the benefit of the doubt. PLUS, they have had a few of the dirtiest cheap-shot artists in NFL history-hines ward, anyone? They always have an easier schedule, every year. Their division has been weak for years but some of these teams are getting better and hopefully kick their butts in the future.

2 minutes ago, huskyhater75 said:

NFL has always babied pittsburg. Any time there's a controversial play in one of their games they get the benefit of the doubt. PLUS, they have had a few of the dirtiest cheap-shot artists in NFL history-hines ward, anyone? They always have an easier schedule, every year. Their division has been weak for years but some of these teams are getting better and hopefully kick their butts in the future.

Spoken from a Browns fan.

5 hours ago, BeenHereBefore said:

I agree and a lot of Steelers fans felt the same. You got to like the two wr's they picked though.

I do.  Hey and maybe Pickett will be the next Ben.  If that happens it is a pick well spent.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, huskyhater75 said:

Yea I remember that time Ward hit that QB in the head with a helmet and later lied about him calling him a racial name.    Too bad Pittsburgh did not build a team as clean as Cleveland did.  Also the entire division made the bottom of the list including Cleveland. 

27. Cincinnati Bengals     10,836     4
29. Cleveland Browns     9,986     2
30. Baltimore Ravens     9,500     2
32. Pittsburgh Steelers 6,442     1

5 hours ago, huskyhater75 said:

ALWAYS

ANY TIME

ALWAYS

8 hours ago, huskyhater75 said:

Do Trump now! 

• Haha 1

Dallas gets: TB, Cinci, Rams, GB, Indy and Titans..........I know we're in the East, but this is tied for easiest 2022 schedule? :huh:

3 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Dallas gets: TB, Cinci, Rams, GB, Indy and Titans..........I know we're in the East, but this is tied for easiest 2022 schedule? :huh:

Yeah. The rest of us have to play those afc teams and Dallas gets to play the rest of us. 

6 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Maybe they will go 11-6? :dunno:

1 minute ago, Cruzer said:

When I look at the schedule... yeah, looks pretty easy to me.  :dunno:

1.  vs Tampa - L
  2. vs Cincinnati - W
  3. @  New York - W
  4. vs Washington - W
  5. @ Los Angeles - L
  6. @ Philadelphia - W
  7. vs Detroit - W
  8. vs Chicago - W
  9. Bye
  10. @ Green Bay - L
  11. @ Minnesota - L
  12. vs New York - W
  13. vs Indianapolis - W
  14. vs Houston - W
  15. @ Jacksonville - W
  16. vs Philadelphia - W
  17. @ Tennessee - L
  18. @ Washington - W

I'm seeing 12-5 with very little push back.

2 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

When I look at the schedule... yeah, looks pretty easy to me.  :dunno:

1.  vs Tampa - L
  2. vs Cincinnati - W
  3. @  New York - W
  4. vs Washington - W
  5. @ Los Angeles - L
  6. @ Philadelphia - W
  7. vs Detroit - W
  8. vs Chicago - W
  9. Bye
  10. @ Green Bay - L
  11. @ Minnesota - L
  12. vs New York - W
  13. vs Indianapolis - W
  14. vs Houston - W
  15. @ Jacksonville - W
  16. vs Philadelphia - W
  17. @ Tennessee - L
  18. @ Washington - W

I'm seeing 12-5 with very little push back.

I'll put a hundo on that, no way this team goes thru that schedule 12-5. 

46 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

I'll put a hundo on that, no way this team goes thru that schedule 12-5. 

Washington and Philly may put up a fight.  I mean, I can see 10-7 if they split those, but I'm not so sure either of those two will really be all that good.  I'm thinking both are around 7-win teams.  I did give them a loss at Green Bay after a bye... I'm not so sure how good Green Bay will be, plus, it's after a bye.  That could be a win and push them back up to 11.  :dunno:

All I'm really saying is that I don't see their schedule as being all that tough.  Sure, there are touch games in there... everyone has a couple, but the amount of creampuffs seem to be abundant.

20 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Washington and Philly may put up a fight.  I mean, I can see 10-7 if they split those, but I'm not so sure either of those two will really be all that good.  I'm thinking both are around 7-win teams.

I'm not too considered about Wash....but Philly is coming for sure, and don't sleep on NY. 

We have a lot of question marks heading into this season: LG and C still, LT bcoz Tyron can't be counted on for more than 10 games, loss of Amari at WR and Gregory at DE, still no real answer at S, and Gallup will be out for the 1st 3 weeks. Then there's our (already) slow/unexplosive RB who be 1 year older and still counting $18m against the Cap..... And Dak, which one are we getting? The one who lit it up the first few weeks - or the $40m guy who looked lost the 2nd half of the season. :dunno: