edjr

The S&P 500 is having its worst year so far in six decades.

1 hour ago, Pimpadeaux said:

I haven't been in newspapers for almost a decade, you booger-eating yard gnome. 

lemme guess, you sell insurance now? :lol:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, GutterBoy said:

lemme guess, you sell insurance now? :lol:

You know what I do and where I work, you gargoyle-faced Care Bear.

12 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

You know what I do and where I work, you gargoyle-faced Care Bear.

Just trying not to spill any secrets you paranoid lil twat.

1 minute ago, GutterBoy said:

Just trying not to spill any secrets you paranoid lil twat.

Look at the weasel-faced homuncule calling someone paranoid.

🤣

5 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Anyone? What’s the bottom? 

All you big mouth money men are too scared to put your money where your piehole is. Weak. You don’t know squat. 

14 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

All you big mouth money men are too scared to put your money where your piehole is. Weak. You don’t know squat. 

You tell us.

2 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

You tell us.

I didn’t minor in finance. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I didn’t minor in finance. 

Did you even graduate high school?

Just now, GutterBoy said:

Did you even graduate high school?

Yes. Now, tell us when this thing bottoms out. Or stfu about the market from now on.  One is asking you to be exact. Same goes for Pimpadoosh and the rest of you wanna bees. 

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yes. Now, tell us when this thing bottoms out. Or stfu about the market from now on.  One is asking you to be exact. Same goes for Pimpadoosh and the rest of you wanna bees. 

If I knew when the market bottoms out I'd be rich.  Nobody knows.  That how things work.

If I knew when the market bottoms out I'd be rich.  Nobody knows.  That how things work.

Give us your educated guess. You’re highly educated after all. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Give us your educated guess. You’re highly educated after all. 

I have no clue.  I talk to my financial guy tomorrow, I'll let you know what he says.

Just now, GutterBoy said:

I have no clue.  I talk to my financial guy tomorrow, I'll let you know what he says.

Thanks. Did he minor in finance as well? 

My cousin is a financial adviser and he has his parents invested in annuities.  His own inheritance.  I don't see any problems with annuities other than a fairly good investment for people with money.

4 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

My cousin is a financial adviser and he has his parents invested in annuities.  His own inheritance.  I don't see any problems with annuities other than a fairly good investment for people with money.

Your cousin made money off his parents, that's the catch.  And he probably has himself as the beneficiary.

5 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Your cousin made money off his parents, that's the catch.  And he probably has himself as the beneficiary.

Yea they're helping him.  Good point.

5 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

Yea they're helping him.  Good point.

He's fixated on and runs down the field with one particular annuity that some dooshy salesman inappropriately put someone in.  He has excluded variable annuities, which basically are IRAs (unless it's non-qualified money) on steroids and, with the right company, managed better than 401Ks get managed in general, plus have all kinds of awesome bells and whistles such as matches, guarantees and are in a constant cycle of selling high and buying low. Plus they have liquidity.

Again, he's just talking out of his tufted-titmouse ass and doesn't know shat about life insurance and annuities.

He's going to play the "lead" card again, but for me it's about education and turning off his pint-sized misinformation fountain. He doesn't know shat. Stupid ass.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Pimpadeaux said:

He's fixated on and runs down the field with one particular annuity that some dooshy salesman inappropriately put someone in.  He has excluded variable annuities, which basically are IRAs (unless it's non-qualified money) on steroids and, with the right company, managed better than 401Ks get managed in general, plus have all kinds of awesome bells and whistles such as matches, guarantees and are in a constant cycle of selling high and buying low. Plus they have liquidity.

Again, he's just talking out of his tufted-titmouse ass and doesn't know shat about life insurance and annuities.

He's going to play the "lead" card again, but for me it's about education and turning off his pint-sized misinformation fountain. He doesn't know shat. Stupid ass.

My parents are invested in farm land, annuities, and Certificates of Deposit so I trust what they're doing and just don't know enough about annuities to start an argument with anyone.

3 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

My parents are invested in farm land, annuities, and Certificates of Deposit so I trust what they're doing and just don't know enough about annuities to start an argument with anyone.

Cmon man, it’s the Geek Club! When did that ever stop anyone?

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Youre still paying a high commission, higher than you get from the expense ratio of actively managed mutual funds

2 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Youre still paying a high commission, higher than you get from the expense ratio of actively managed mutual funds

Yet alone an index fund or target date fund. Comparison is like .15% vs 4-6%, it’s unreal

Just now, Gepetto said:

There are two general kinds of annuities: fixed and deferred.

Under the fixed umbrella, you have immediate, guaranteed period and deferred annuities. 

Immediate annuities generate lifetime income, no matter how long you live. It's doesn't generate eye-popping income, but it does keep people from running out of money. It's not liquid. There is no death benefit if you do "life only," meaning the company is going to keep what isn't used if you croak before you get back what you've paid in. You can do "life with cash refund" and other options, but the payment is lower. There are certain circumstances warranting an immediate annuity.

Guaranteed period annuities pay out over five, 10, 15 years or whatever. They're great for diverting qualified money to use to make premium payments on something such as a long-term care policy paid up over a certain period of time, or if that someone isn't going to live a long time.

Deferred annuities allow you to build a wall around a chunk of your assets and ensure that if your investments go to crap, you can flick the switch on them and start collecting money.

The best use I've seen for them is for QLAC, which stands for Qualified Longevity Annuity Contract. It's a federal term. It allows you to take 25 percent of your qualified assets up to $135,000 (last I looked), throw them into a deferred annuity - some of which get a decent return through company mutual-company dividends - and not have to start taking out money until as late as age 85.

Why is this cool?

Well, at age 72 you have to take required minimum distributions, which means The Man requires you to start drawing on your qualified money so He can tax your ass. 

If you do the QLAC, it reduces your RMDs and reduces your taxes in the short run. In the long run, you've set up something that can act as a never-ending income stream once you annuitize. Also as a long-term care plan, particular for the uninsurable, which most people are after age 60.

Variable annuities are great for rolling in old 401K and IRA money. Or you can do a non-qualified one with no contribution limits. The former is treated like either a ROTH or traditional IRA, which means you can grow your money tax free or take your contributions off your taxes.

Annuities also are creditor protected. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Baloney.

7 hours ago, Pimpadeaux said:

I haven't been in newspapers for almost a decade, you booger-eating yard gnome. 

Sure you’ve stayed out of the newspapers, but you can’t stay off of YouTube.

Salesy McThief is practicing his pitch :lol:

I predicted you'd go there. Nice deflection from absorbing knowledge, Chimpy McFootstool. These are facts. 

This is like you claiming you know everything about fixing a transmission, but if an actual mechanic comes in and tells you you're full of sh!t, you retreat into your safe place and label the mechanic as trying to make a sale.

1 minute ago, Gladiators said:

Sure you’ve stayed out of the newspapers, but you can’t stay off of YouTube.

I could use a good butth0le tickling tonight.

:wub:

1 minute ago, Pimpadeaux said:

I predicted you'd go there. Nice deflection from absorbing knowledge, Chimpy McFootstool. These are facts. 

This is like you claiming you know everything about fixing a transmission, but if an actual mechanic comes in and tells you you're full of sh!t, you retreat into your safe place and label the mechanic as trying to make a sale.

I don't know sh!t about a transmission.  I do know financial instruments, more than some failed editor turned trained monkey spewing the bull sh!t his master's told him.  I know the game rusty, and I know you're a helpless pawn, deployed to steal money from people as dumb as you, and feed the FS powerhouse.  I kinda feel bad for you, because you truly have no idea how sh!tty the tools you sell are.

12 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

I don't know sh!t about a transmission.  I do know financial instruments, more than some failed editor turned trained monkey spewing the bull sh!t his master's told him.  I know the game rusty, and I know you're a helpless pawn, deployed to steal money from people as dumb as you, and feed the FS powerhouse.  I kinda feel bad for you, because you truly have no idea how sh!tty the tools you sell are.

You focus on one doosh selling a guaranteed lifetime annuity to someone and champion yourself as an expert without bringing any actual facts to the table. Typical cubical-monkey quarterback. Time for hot coco and bed, little tough guy. 😂

18 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

You focus on one doosh selling a guaranteed lifetime annuity to someone and champion yourself as an expert without bringing any actual facts to the table. Typical cubical-monkey quarterback. Time for hot coco and bed, little tough guy. 😂

Go.play with your cats you focking phaggot

30 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Go.play with your cats you focking phaggot

Go get your steppy stool, get on it, look at yourself in the mirror and ask yourself what you could do to be a better human being instead of a self-loathing mini meal of a pathetic human being. 

So this is why the two of you were banished from the sanctuary I gather. 

3 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

So this is why the two of you were banished from the sanctuary I gather. 

I don't pay close attention. Who is pimp?

10 hours ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Go get your steppy stool, get on it, look at yourself in the mirror and ask yourself what you could do to be a better human being instead of a self-loathing mini meal of a pathetic human being. 

Better human being?  What the fock do you know about what kind of human being I am?  I'll tell you what I'm not.  I'm not the type of guy that makes a living out of scamming people out of their hard earned money.

Better human being?  What the fock do you know about what kind of human being I am?  I'll tell you what I'm not.  I'm not the type of guy that makes a living out of scamming people out of their hard earned money.

:thumbsup:    

Thanks for keeping this thread on topic.

What a pair of flaming mo's