Sign in to follow this  
Utilit99

Biden orders flags to half-staff as US records 1 million COVID deaths

I thought Covid was going to magically disappear the day after the election? :unsure: 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MDC said:

I thought Covid was going to magically disappear the day after the election? :unsure: 

Everything is opened back up?  We still have covid? 

26 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

I thought Biden was going to end COVID.

Trump's fault. Remember? And biden is going to shut down the virus for us.

Oh but wait. He's a xenophobe for closing the country...

We are in the midst of a crisis with the coronavirus. We need to lead the way with science — not Donald Trump’s record of hysteria, xenophobia, and fear-mongering. He is the worst possible person to lead our country through a global health emergency.
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Imagine the deaths on Biden's watch without the vaccine?  :lol: 

The vaccine causes more deaths than it prevents. The GC told me so.

So honestly, shouldn't this be a good thing in a certain way? Remember when we all thought social security was going away because we had a booming aging population and no way to sustain the level of benefits that they were all going to require? I mean, we killed off a million of these f****** who presumably all paid into the system. It's not like they're getting checks anymore. So again, shouldn't there be a little bit of a silver lining here?

57 minutes ago, MDC said:

56 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

I thought Biden was going to end COVID.

I thought we would be ruled by a bunch of damn dirty apes!

I remember when it was rare to see flags at half-staff. Ya thought "Did I miss something? Did a former President die or is it Memorial Day?"

Nowadays they lower the flags for everything... cop killed - lower flag. Mass shooting - lower flag. Mayor dies - lower flag. Now when I see it, I don't even bother to wonder why.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

So honestly, shouldn't this be a good thing in a certain way? Remember when we all thought social security was going away because we had a booming aging population and no way to sustain the level of benefits that they were all going to require? I mean, we killed off a million of these f****** who presumably all paid into the system. It's not like they're getting checks anymore. So again, shouldn't there be a little bit of a silver lining here?

Are you going to take one for the team too? 

4 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

I remember when it was rare to see flags at half-staff. Ya thought "Did I miss something? Did a former President die or is it Memorial Day?"

Nowadays they lower the flags for everything... cop killed - lower flag. Mass shooting - lower flag. Mayor dies - lower flag. Now when I see it, I don't even bother to wonder why.

This is actually why I posted this thread. I think the same way. I just happened to see some guy outside an old folks home lowering the flag as I was driving by. I looked up why was he lowering it and saw a bunch of individual articles about half staff alerts and shlt from different states etc...Then I came across this article.

It doesn't mean anything anymore. Useless procedure. I would rather spend his time getting someone smart to figure out the economy and how to shut down the border for once and for all. 

I was that dork during Junior high  who raised and lowered the flag every day. I didn't care what shii I got.. I saw it as an honor. I still do. I think certain things should be respected. Not for what they are. But for what they represent.

I don't know how my Dad found out.  I never told him. But after a couple years, somebody did. And one day I looked up, and he was there. And we folded the flag together. 

It's only time I remember my Dad putting his hand on my shoulder. And he squeezed it hard. And said "I'll see you at home." 

That may not seem like much. But my Dad was a sniper in Korea. While most of the country had no idea what the f*** Korea was or where it was or why men like him just disappeared, He Served. With left over world war II equipment. And Honor. 

His rifle was Oak & Iron. It was a weapon unto itself. And I can only imagine a few skulls were on the losing end of that.

Korea was not like Vietnam and everything afterward where there's a God damn Pizza Hut and frozen yogurt at your firebase. They'd be out for weeks at a time.

And then he came home. Married his wife for 50+ years. Worked hard. And every holiday he would put the flag up before he had his first cup of coffee.  Even on the few days that he could have slept in. Our flag was up with the sun.

The streets of heaven are too crowded with men like him who didn't die for a flag;  They died for what it represents.  And that matters. It mattered to him. So it matters to me.

And all the rest? Is just crap.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, wiffleball said:

another problem is that when a spouse dies, the survivor gets the bigger SS check between the two of them.  So you need to destroy the institution of marriage to prevent that as well.  Biden is working hard to destroy marriage.

A winter of sickness and death