Sign in to follow this  
Utilit99

Anyone have the police visit their home because of some form of domestic abuse going on?

Not me, but my friend did a couple years ago. His wife was bonkers psycho - throw sh*t and get physical. One night he'd had enough and picked her up tossing her on the lawn.  Proceeded to throw out her stuff, when cops showed up.

My friend is a cool/calm dude and said he talked to the cops and explained the situation - she went nuts and they believed him considering she was still screaming. Said the cops were just about to leave when they asked him.... "um, one more thing - do you happen to have any guns in the house?" He said yes, it's in my safe.  They said "turn around sir and put your hands behind your back."  Spent the night in jail on a domestic violence charge that was later dropped.  They've since divorced.

Don't ever tell cops you have a gun in the house when they show up for a domestic disturbance call. They probably have to take someone to jail once they hear that. And of course, the man is the one going.

Twice.  
One time I was beating my meat and the other time my meat was beating me. 
How my meat figured out to call 911 is beyond me. 

3 hours ago, GobbleDog said:

Not me, but my friend did a couple years ago. His wife was bonkers psycho - throw sh*t and get physical. One night he'd had enough and picked her up tossing her on the lawn.  Proceeded to throw out her stuff, when cops showed up.

My friend is a cool/calm dude and said he talked to the cops and explained the situation - she went nuts and they believed him considering she was still screaming. Said the cops were just about to leave when they asked him.... "um, one more thing - do you happen to have any guns in the house?" He said yes, it's in my safe.  They said "turn around sir and put your hands behind your back."  Spent the night in jail on a domestic violence charge that was later dropped.  They've since divorced.

Don't ever tell cops you have a gun in the house when they show up for a domestic disturbance call. They probably have to take someone to jail once they hear that. And of course, the man is the one going.

Focked up. I wonder if they knew he owned a gun before they asked him just to test him. 

• Like 1

If she calls the cops leave. Better to deal with any allegation after people have calmed down and on your schedule. And make your move to get out of that relationship, pronto.  Once they taste the power they have they will either wield it or threaten to wield it. 

11 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

Not me. What does it take to get to that point? 

A wife or girlfriend, for starters. 

• Haha 6

Friend's drug addict ex wife loved to call the cops. Never ended up the way she intended.

1 hour ago, MDC said:

:first:  :lol: 

Pretty sure in todays world, lots of men call the police on dey boyfriends. :wub: 

3 hours ago, MDC said:

2 hours ago, edjr said:

:first:  :lol: 

Pretty sure in todays world, lots of men call the police on dey boyfriends. :wub: 

Ouch, did mdcack call the police when he used the safe word and you still wouldn't stop?

• Haha 1

There was an officer who hated my brother back in the day. I mean, my parents actually filed legitimate complaints against this effer.  He just hated my brother. He showed up one night at our house. I know it was embarrassing to my father. Because we're not that family. 

As I recall, eventually, he was basically given an unofficial restraining order against my brother.  My brother could have pissed on his windshield and this a****** could only call his supervisor.

But I know with all the cop friends that I have, the one thing that terrifies them the most are domestic violence calls.

Well that, and intelligence tests.

And guess what profession has the most domestic violence calls? Cops.

Dumbasses. 

Turns out, an armed roided up toddler with the social skills of a T-Rex probably shouldn't be in a domestic relationship. 😋

• Confused 1

No, never.  Have I ever had horrible break ups and fought with a GF or even my wife, sure but nothing even remotely close to something like that.

However I have been in the "middle" of two domestic disputes before.  First time was my senior year in college and this young couple, not much older than myself (25ish?) lived next door.  We actually hung out some on the weekends, partied on their front porch some, etc.  A random Saturday night I'm lying on the couch around midnight watching a movie and hear a loud beating on the front door and screaming,  see its my neighbor and open the door and she's crying saying "help me KSB help me".  I'm of course like WTF is going on and she has blood on her hands, looks like she has cuts on it.   I calm her down and walk with her back over to her house and the boyfriend who I considered a neighbor / acquaintance is sitting on the couch looking disheveled / upset / pizzed.  I'm said something to the affect of "Bro, you okay what's going on?"  He looks at her, points to me and says "Oh so you're focking him too?"  And stands up staring at me.....it was obvious both were drunk as hell, maybe other stuff.   I talk to him, try and calm him down which is working a bit but apparently the girl is dialing 911 and the cops show up....he is resisting a little.....just a shitshow.    

Second time was worse.  Now I'm 27ish walking out of a bar with my buddy......walking to our truck in parking lot and look over and see this guy grab his girlfriend or wife's head by the back of the head and slam it into the side of the car, like very hard.  We both are like "Whoa!@#!" it was shocking.   I just sort of start walking their way aking "WTF dude, what are you doing?"  Crazy guy starts walking directly at me telling me mind my own business, I'm looking at her asking "are you okay?"  He doesn't like that,  he keeps walking up, and walking towards me and we get in a fight (had to at this point).  I have only been in maybe three actual fist fights in my entire life the other two when I was much younger even then.  Well during the fight his GF, you know the one he was trying to crush her skull starts kicking at ME.  Yelling at ME.  I end up breaking my right hand.   Meanwhile the couple left together all lovey dovey.   

That was the last time I get in the middle of domestic disputes like that.....lesson learned.  Sorry but if I see something like that again I keep walking and just call the cops.  People in those love triangle / domestic dispute things are focking nuts.  My current neighbor is a retired Sheriff and he always said, the calls he looked least forward to were Domestic Dispute calls......you never knew what you were walking into.  

I think mental illness cams are worse, but there are less of them. At least there used to be. 

Didn't we have some f***** who got like a wine glass shoved in his eye or something around here?

11 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

No, never.  Have I ever had horrible break ups and fought with a GF or even my wife, sure but nothing even remotely close to something like that.

However I have been in the "middle" of two domestic disputes before.  First time was my senior year in college and this young couple, not much older than myself (25ish?) lived next door.  We actually hung out some on the weekends, partied on their front porch some, etc.  A random Saturday night I'm lying on the couch around midnight watching a movie and hear a loud beating on the front door and screaming,  see its my neighbor and open the door and she's crying saying "help me KSB help me".  I'm of course like WTF is going on and she has blood on her hands, looks like she has cuts on it.   I calm her down and walk with her back over to her house and the boyfriend who I considered a neighbor / acquaintance is sitting on the couch looking disheveled / upset / pizzed.  I'm said something to the affect of "Bro, you okay what's going on?"  He looks at her, points to me and says "Oh so you're focking him too?"  And stands up staring at me.....it was obvious both were drunk as hell, maybe other stuff.   I talk to him, try and calm him down which is working a bit but apparently the girl is dialing 911 and the cops show up....he is resisting a little.....just a shitshow.    

Second time was worse.  Now I'm 27ish walking out of a bar with my buddy......walking to our truck in parking lot and look over and see this guy grab his girlfriend or wife's head by the back of the head and slam it into the side of the car, like very hard.  We both are like "Whoa!@#!" it was shocking.   I just sort of start walking their  way aking "WTF dude, what are you doing?"  Crazy guy starts walking directly at me telling me mind my own business, I'm looking at her asking "are you okay?"  He doesn't like that,  he keeps walking up, and walking towards me and we get in a fight (had to at this point).  I have only been in maybe three actual fist fights in my entire life the other two when I was much younger even then.  Well during the fight his GF, you know the one he was trying to crush her skull starts kicking at ME.  Yelling at ME.  I end up breaking my right hand.   Meanwhile the couple left together all lovey dovey.   

That was the last time I get in the middle of domestic disputes like that.....lesson learned.  Sorry but if I see something like that again I keep walking and just call the cops.  People in those love triangle / domestic dispute things are focking nuts.  My current neighbor is a retired Sheriff and he always said, the calls he looked least forward to were Domestic Dispute calls......you never knew what you were walking into.  

I'm sorry. Could you write less words?

• Haha 1

Once. I was prolly 3 my brother was a year and a half older. I heard my mom screaming and I jumped out of bed, ran out to the living room where my dad had my mom on the floor with her arm wrenched behind her back. I jumped on his back and started kicking him in the back while trying to choke him. 

My brother, being older and smarter, ran across the street to the neighbors and had them call the police. They showed up and that was that. Last time we were all under the same roof. 

2 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

I'm sorry. Could you write less words?

That was a lot, sorry got a bit carried away.  I'm on a laptop, I can't imagine how long it looks on a phone.  :lol:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

Once. I was prolly 3 my brother was a year and a half older. I heard my mom screaming and I jumped out of bed, ran out to the living room where my dad had my mom on the floor with her arm wrenched behind her back. I jumped on his back and started kicking him in the back while trying to choke him. 

My brother, being older and smarter, ran across the street to the neighbors and had them call the police. They showed up and that was that. Last time we were all under the same roof. 

Jesus man, thats rough. Assuming it wasn't the first time you saw something like that?

36 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

Damn buddy. 

4 minutes ago, Brad GLuckman said:

Jesus man, thats rough. Assuming it wasn't the first time you saw something like that?

It's actually one of my earliest memories. I know it wasn't the first time something like that happened but I don't consciously remember anything like that happening prior.

It definitely had a negative impact on my relationship with my dad. I know he knew he focked up but he never owned up to it. 

16 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Damn buddy. 

It's all good. He paid for it and she's living the good life now. 

On 5/12/2022 at 7:42 PM, Utilit99 said:

Not me. What does it take to get to that point? 

Me neither, but, probably one phone call.