Cloaca du jour

Baby Formula Shortage...

12 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Sigh... Unfortunately there isn't a lot of data on self injury, even cutting, which I found shocking:

https://www.therecoveryvillage.com/mental-health/self-harm/self-harm-statistics/

You seem caught up in the data showing that there is causality between cutting decrease and transgender increase, I don't have that, take the irrelevant win if you want.  But that wasn't my point; my point is that the astronomical increase in... everything I've posted and you've ignored.  Address my earlier question of how you explain it, or my response to you is "Leftist hack."

Don't waste your time.  Mooneys brain doesn't work like ours on this topic.  

40 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Sigh... Unfortunately there isn't a lot of data on self injury, even cutting, which I found shocking:

https://www.therecoveryvillage.com/mental-health/self-harm/self-harm-statistics/

You seem caught up in the data showing that there is causality between cutting decrease and transgender increase, I don't have that, take the irrelevant win if you want.  But that wasn't my point; my point is that the astronomical increase in... everything I've posted and you've ignored.  Address my earlier question of how you explain it, or my response to you is "Leftist hack."

Dude- I work with students who do all these activities. I've read a lot of this stuff on adolescents. All I'm saying is when you look at the evidence at both- trying to draw a Venn Diagram on them doesn't work the way you want it to.

Even at this point- I'm not so why you are so entrenched in this. It would've been easy to just say "Eh you're right. I might've made too much of a direct effect between all of these factors." Instead you've quadrupled down on it. Did HT steal your account info?

And yes- I'm asking for evidence of all this because YOU said transgenderism has replaced cutting and other things. I'm asking what you are basing that on. All you've done so far is keep citing a study that doesn't draw that same conclusion. 

27 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Don't waste your time.  Mooneys brain doesn't work like ours on this topic.  

Your brain doesn't work at all so I've at least got that over you. 

1 minute ago, Sean Mooney said:

Dude- I work with students who do all these activities. I've read a lot of this stuff on adolescents. All I'm saying is when you look at the evidence at both- trying to draw a Venn Diagram on them doesn't work the way you want it to.

Even at this point- I'm not so why you are so entrenched in this. It would've been easy to just say "Eh you're right. I might've made too much of a direct effect between all of these factors." Instead you've quadrupled down on it. Did HT steal your account info?

And yes- I'm asking for evidence of all this because YOU said transgenderism has replaced cutting and other things. I'm asking what you are basing that on. All you've done so far is keep citing a study that doesn't draw that same conclusion. 

:lol:

Mooney can’t go two posts without mentioning me. Love it. 

43 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Leftist Hack

• Thanks 2

58 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Leftist Hack

Same playbook as the rest I see. Say something completely stupid and crazy. Get called on it and then say "Prove me wrong." Then just try to reduce it to name calling and trying to pigeonhole people.

Where do you buy that playbook? Is there a website you find it on?

2 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Same playbook as the rest I see. Say something completely stupid and crazy. Get called on it and then say "Prove me wrong." Then just try to reduce it to name calling and trying to pigeonhole people.

mooney groomie practicing for 2nd grade speech.

1 minute ago, Sean Mooney said:

I'll refer you to my OP.  I know these kinds of posts make you feel better in a Slingblade sorta way, but you've make no attempt in any of this to address my questions, whereas I have multiple times.

Leftist hack.

For some reason I thought this thread was about the baby formula shortage issue the country is experiencing right now.  I don't know why I thought that.  Maybe it was the thread title but I don't know.  My bad.

10 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I'll refer you to my OP.  I know these kinds of posts make you feel better in a Slingblade sorta way, but you've make no attempt in any of this to address my questions, whereas I have multiple times.

Leftist hack.

No answers and more insults from you. Keep pounding that playbook. 

4 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

No answers and more insults from you. Keep pounding that playbook. 

One of us hasn't answered a single thing.  Leftist hack.

11 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

It's the guy who's whole argument is "Transgenderism is the new cutting....here is a study that doesn't prove that or even mention it"

10 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I told you.  @Sean Mooney believes differently about gender disphoria than most people do.  He believes that a decent portion of young people were actually born in the wrong body if they claim to be so  Also, affirming care, to include genital mutilation for minors, could be the correct remedy.  Youre not gonna convince him otherwise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

I told you.  @Sean Mooney believes differently about gender disphoria than most people do.  He believes that a decent portion of young people were actually born in the wrong body if they claim to be so  Also, affirming care, to include genital mutilation for minors, could be the correct remedy.  Youre not gonna convince him otherwise.

I don't know what else to do.  I presented data from an LGBTQ friendly site, fairly incontrovertible.  He latched onto my cutting comment; I said fine, take that win because the psychiatric community doesn't seem to want to study that.  And his response continues to be... but cutting$#@!

I've viewed him as an intelligent alternative viewpoint but it is increasingly obvious that I was wrong.  I think maybe he punches himself in the face before he posts.

Hey @Sean Mooney, if your response includes the word cutting, pro tip, I moved past that long ago.  Punch yourself again and, I dunno maybe English isn't your first language, help us understand all of the ridiculous numbers I posted.  :cheers:

42 minutes ago, Strike said:

For some reason I thought this thread was about the baby formula shortage issue the country is experiencing right now.  I don't know why I thought that.  Maybe it was the thread title but I don't know.  My bad.

#metoo  :lol:

24 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Where did I claim a decent portion of young people were born in the wrong body because they claim so?

Where did  I say genital mutilation for minors is the way to go?

TIA for showing me where I said it. 

11 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I don't know what else to do.  I presented data from an LGBTQ friendly site, fairly incontrovertible.  He latched onto my cutting comment; I said fine, take that win because the psychiatric community doesn't seem to want to study that.  And his response continues to be... but cutting$#@!

I've viewed him as an intelligent alternative viewpoint but it is increasingly obvious that I was wrong.  I think maybe he punches himself in the face before he posts.

Hey @Sean Mooney, if your response includes the word cutting, pro tip, I moved past that long ago.  Punch yourself again and, I dunno maybe English isn't your first language, help us understand all of the ridiculous numbers I posted.  :cheers:

JFC- your whole first comment jumping into this was: "Transgenderism has become the new way for kids with psychological issues to damage themselves as a cry for help.  Others in the recent past included cutting and anorexia/bulimia, maybe ear gages and face tattoos as well. "

I simply asked for evidence of that jump you were making and your response was you had none but here was an article you posted....and now you are getting butt hurt and trying to pretend like you moved past this discussion. If you could prove any of what you are saying besides "MAH FEELINGS!" I'd be inclined to listen and understand it. But you are drawing some weird connections out of all of this. 

4 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Where did I claim a decent portion of young people were born in the wrong body because they claim so?

JFC- your whole first comment jumping into this was: "Transgenderism has become the new way for kids with psychological issues to damage themselves as a cry for help.  Others in the recent past included cutting and anorexia/bulimia, maybe ear gages and face tattoos as well. "

I simply asked for evidence of that jump you were making and your response was you had none but here was an article you posted....and now you are getting butt hurt and trying to pretend like you moved past this discussion. If you could prove any of what you are saying besides "MAH FEELINGS!" I'd be inclined to listen and understand it. But you are drawing some weird connections out of all of this. 

Wow. You are thick as a brick. Go to bed. 

10 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Leftist hack :(

13 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Get all you can out of that playbook. 

The leftist playbook is easy to see. So... :dunno:

Tucker, lol

Claiming he "called" the FOOD shortage, because there's a baby formula shortage caused by a recall at the largest producer.

Also blaming the formula shortage on WIC contracts, saying it's Biden's fault, even though as he readily admits it's a system that's been in place for years (not to mention that's not even the reason there's a monopoly).   

Of course also calling out the 3 pallets that were sent to the border that would have no impact on the national supply.

And there are absolutely are people buying up formula just to re-sell it.

13 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

Get all you can out of that playbook. 

You won't answer my simple questions so... :dunno:

I always thought jerryskids was reasonable but these alt right trolls have converted him.

3 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

I always thought jerryskids was reasonable but these alt right trolls have converted him.

I still think he is reasonable. I just think he is "in for a penny, in for a pound" on this for whatever reason. 

5 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

How would you explain the data I posted? I'm trying to have an intelligent discussion and you call me a troll.  One of us is a troll. :dunno:

4 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

How would you explain the data I posted? I'm trying to have an intelligent discussion and you call me a troll.  One of us is a troll. :dunno:

What data do you need me to explain for you?

8 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Bro. The thing I objected to is you took a data subset and then extrapolated that data to something that the data isn't saying, isn't supporting, and is only based on what you think. On top of it- you implied, or explicitly stated, that kids turn to transgenderism as a means of fighting back against being poor or dealing with emotional abuse. As if it is going to cure things by them coming out as transgender.

As an addition to that- the idea of "cutting" is not tied to economic factors or stuff like that. 

You took a huge leap in logic to prove whatever you felt your point was. I'm saying the facts don't support what you think they do. 

6 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

What data do you need me to explain for you?

The UCLA Law data I've provided multiple times already.  

9 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

The UCLA Law data I've provided multiple times already.  

The data that shows that trannies are on the rise?  IMO, several factors

1) The acceptance of trannies has increased, so where in the past the tranny has remained hidden, today they feel empowered to come out and feel safe.

2) The greater influence, IMO, is social media.  I believe that social media has preyed upon confused kids and this whole tranny thing is out of control.

So some valid trans kids but more confused kids.  Does that help?

12 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

The data that shows that trannies are on the rise?  IMO, several factors

1) The acceptance of trannies has increased, so where in the past the tranny has remained hidden, today they feel empowered to come out and feel safe.

2) The greater influence, IMO, is social media.  I believe that social media has preyed upon confused kids and this whole tranny thing is out of control.

So some valid trans kids but more confused kids.  Does that help?

I think you basically agree with me, so yes I guess.  There is some increase in coming out due to social acceptance, but nowhere near enough to support the data, neither the numbers nor the strong correlations to negative environmental factors.  You bring up a specific cause in social media, which is a good theory and discussion, but I wasn't quite going there.  My point was that our culture in general has set up an incentive structure for kids to declare themselves on the spectrum somewhere, especially the confused and abused ones.  To that end I strongly oppose mutilation and hormone blockers for kids, except maybe there are some extreme circumstances I wouldn't rule out.

I appreciate the answer.  I've been trying for countless posts to get @Sean Mooneyto provide his interpretation of the data, and I just get "bro you're taking a leap" responses.  He doesn't understand that it is the job of science to interpret data.

1 minute ago, jerryskids said:

I think you basically agree with me, so yes I guess.  There is some increase in coming out due to social acceptance, but nowhere near enough to support the data, neither the numbers nor the strong correlations to negative environmental factors.  You bring up a specific cause in social media, which is a good theory and discussion, but I wasn't quite going there.  My point was that our culture in general has set up an incentive structure for kids to declare themselves on the spectrum somewhere, especially the confused and abused ones.  To that end I strongly oppose mutilation and hormone blockers for kids, except maybe there are some extreme circumstances I wouldn't rule out.

I appreciate the answer.  I've been trying for countless posts to get @Sean Mooneyto provide his interpretation of the data, and I just get "bro you're taking a leap" responses.  He doesn't understand that it is the job of science to interpret data.

I told you a few times you are trying to fit the data into something that you want it to say.

That is bias.

8 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

I told you a few times you are trying to fit the data into something that you want it to say.

That is bias.

And I've asked you countless times for your alternative interpretation, nothing as usual.

14 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Incentive structure to be a trans?  What's the incentive besides being mocked by 40 year olds on the internet?

You know what, forget, I said last week I wasn't gonna get involved in trans discussions anymore.

2 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Incentive structure to be a trans?  What's the incentive besides being mocked by 40 year olds on the internet?

To go from being a confused, possibly abused or from a shiotty home life, social dork to being a cool kid.

Just now, jerryskids said:

To go from being a confused, possibly abused or from a shiotty home life, social dork to being a cool kid.

The trans kids at my kids school are not cool kids, they're not bullied and beat up, but they're not in the cool clique.

7 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

The trans kids at my kids school are not cool kids, they're not bullied and beat up, but they're not in the cool clique.

I could provide an allegorical opposite example from my daughter's HS but I don't see the point.