Cloaca du jour

Baby Formula Shortage...

It’s funny, Mooney and Gutter think they are the only ones defending kids. 

3 hours ago, TimHauck said:

Tucker, lol

Claiming he "called" the FOOD shortage, because there's a baby formula shortage caused by a recall at the largest producer.

Also blaming the formula shortage on WIC contracts, saying it's Biden's fault, even though as he readily admits it's a system that's been in place for years (not to mention that's not even the reason there's a monopoly).   

Of course also calling out the 3 pallets that were sent to the border that would have no impact on the national supply.

And there are absolutely are people buying up formula just to re-sell it.

So just three pallets? Those kids won’t need to be fed next week? And yeah, the WIC contracts are an issue.  That’s what he’s blaming,  not WIC. Having basically one supplier isn’t  a good idea. For anything. Funny how a middle of the road guy who voted for Trump saw this. As usual. 

We should let another couple million in at the border. That should help everything.

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

So just three pallets? Those kids won’t need to be fed next week? And yeah, the WIC contracts are an issue.  That’s what he’s blaming,  not WIC. Having basically one supplier isn’t  a good idea. For anything. Funny how a middle of the road guy who voted for Trump saw this. As usual. 

Three was the number I heard.  But unless it was thousands of pallets, it wouldn’t make a difference in easing the national shortage.

How many kids are currently in custody at the border that need formula (remember we’re only talking about like 0-2 year olds that aren’t being breastfed)?  1 pallet probably has somewhere around 500-1,000 cans of formula that usually last a month or so.   What they sent there was likely the equivalent of what goes to 1 or 2 grocery stores.

”Having one supplier” (btw it’s really more like 2 in this case as Enfamil is also pretty big) isn’t ideal and I never said it was, but WIC contracts are not the reason there is an oligopoly.  If anything it’s due to hospital contracts - hospitals give out free samples and then people stick with that brand.

But if you’ve been to a grocery store lately you’d realize that many categories are ~75% controlled by 1-2 brands.  Cereal, drinks, etc.  Most of the time this is just the result of capitalism if those brands are more preferred by consumers to start and then build economies of scale and can have more purchase power, etc.

3 hours ago, jerryskids said:

And I've asked you countless times for your alternative interpretation, nothing as usual.

Kids are more comfortable in expressing their sexuality today than they were 20 years ago. Transgenderism comes out of confusion of, or rebelling against one's given identity. Cutting is students looking to feel some sort of sensation and gives them a feeling of control. It's actually quite terrifying to hear students talk about why they cut. 

Transgenderism is mostly about students trying to own their own identity despite how uncomfortable that might be in society. And make no mistake- while there is a lot of push to make it "normal" in plenty of areas there are still louder people who get off on mocking those kids like some of the 40 year olds on here.

So essentially- these factors come from different starting points and it is wrong to try and assume or believe they come from the same place. 

10 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Kids are more comfortable in expressing their sexuality today than they were 20 years ago. Transgenderism comes out of confusion of, or rebelling against one's given identity. Cutting is students looking to feel some sort of sensation and gives them a feeling of control. It's actually quite terrifying to hear students talk about why they cut. 

Transgenderism is mostly about students trying to own their own identity despite how uncomfortable that might be in society. And make no mistake- while there is a lot of push to make it "normal" in plenty of areas there are still louder people who get off on mocking those kids like some of the 40 year olds on here.

So essentially- these factors come from different starting points and it is wrong to try and assume or believe they come from the same place. 

Focking lunatic "teacher" has spoken. 

21 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Thanks I guess, although this is somewhat evasive.

Do you think the statistically impossible increase in non-binary for the younger generation is authentic?  

If so, given the gigantic percentage of mental issues I cited:  environmental? or physiological/genetic?

9 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Do you think the statistically impossible increase in non-binary for the younger generation is authentic?  

If so, given the gigantic percentage of mental issues I cited:  environmental? or physiological/genetic?

It's call teen angst. There should be firm laws about pumping them through "transitional therapies" until they are 18 and can decide for themselves in life. And groomers should be hands off. Teach math and go home. 

4 hours ago, jerryskids said:

My glib answer would be: "If I knew the answer to that I would write a book on it, become very rich, and then would never need to be here or teach ever again.

My more real-ish answer would be- I guess it depends how you define "authentic." Do I think there are truly 1.2 million people in the US who identify as non-binary? It's possible. It is also entirely possible that some of that 1.2 million are trend chasing as opposed to really being non binary. We should also point out the study seems to be 18-29 year olds, so mostly people who would not be in a high school anymore.

Otherwise- it is a few different things, I do think there are more people who are defined genetically as non-binary or trans. Not so much because they have decided that but more because now we have a name for this and we study it. There were gay and trans and non binary people a hundred years ago but there was no word for them. Similar to any number of things from depression to autism.

Another factor though is the social factor. We live in a very "dog chases tail" type society anymore. However, the study you linked doesn't bear that out and I'm not sure how you would qualify or measure that anyway as a factor. Additionally- I don't think deciding to become transgender is a great thing to cover for other things considering the amount of other spotlights it brings upon people. 

So to recap- genetics, some social stuff...most of the increase in non-binary is authentic only because as I've read, heard, and seen stories of kids and young adults coming forward I don't think it is an easy thing and I don't think they think it is some magic elixir to make their life better.  

4 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

My glib answer would be: "If I knew the answer to that I would write a book on it, become very rich, and then would never need to be here or teach ever again.

Still pretending. :lol: :pointstosky::banana:

So yeah, it’s a lot more than three pallets. 

7 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

So yeah, it’s a lot more than three pallets. 

How many?

2 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

How many?

Not 3. Your turn. 

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Not 3. Your turn. 

If you insist.

https://nypost.com/2022/05/12/border-detention-center-has-baby-formula-amid-shortage-photos/

The only photo of an actual pallet is this stuff: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nestle-NIDO-Kinder-1-Toddler-Powdered-Milk-Beverage-56-4-Oz-3-52-LB-Canister-Shelf-Stable-Toddler-Drink-3-52-lb/10804304

It's not even real formula.  "Powdered milk beverage for 1-3 year olds." Next.

Rep, Kat Cammack rages at huge baby formula stockpile. 

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Rep, Kat Cammack rages at huge baby formula stockpile. 

Her photos only showed 1 shelf of formula.

9 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

It's a shame that people in politics have to use dopey fear tactics to try and score points. 

It's a bigger shame people fall for it. 

14 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

You’re such a punk. That’s from last Week. 

7 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

It's a shame that people in politics have to use dopey fear tactics to try and score points. 

What class are in teaching now?  study hall?  planning period?

6 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Right, there no shortage. Right wing fear mongering. Thanks for string it straight. Women afraid they can’t get formula. Pfffft. What a bunch of Mary’s. 

Just now, Alias Detective said:

Professional development day. 

It’s just hilarious. Even the White House acknowledged there is a severe shortage. Not Mooney and Hack though. They’ll downplay it till the end. 

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

It’s just hilarious. Even the White House acknowledged there is a severe shortage. Not Mooney and Hack though. They’ll downplay it till the end. 

lol wut?  I said there was a shortage.  But sending a few pallets to the border isn't going to change that.   Still waiting on your proof of more than that...

13 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You’re such a punk. That’s from last Week. 

Crickets 

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Crickets 

Just went to her page and don't see much more proof.  Looks like this video has 2 more half-empty shelves of actual formula.

I think we're about halfway to 1 pallet.  Where's the evidence of the rest?

18 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

What is the name of the unauthorized biography you are writing about me? Is it available on Amazon or is that "too woke"? Is there a MAGA approved place to buy books?

If you must know- election day so school is closed as we are a voting precinct. I'm sitting in stupid meetings all day.

Feel better?

15 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Seriously- drink bleach. 

5 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Just went to her page and don't see much more proof.  Looks like this video has 2 more half-empty shelves of actual formula.

I think we're about halfway to 1 pallet.  Where's the evidence of the rest?

Still with the tweets from last week. Anything from this week? 

5 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

What is the name of the unauthorized biography you are writing about me? Is it available on Amazon or is that "too woke"? Is there a MAGA approved place to buy books?

If you must know- election day so school is closed as we are a voting precinct. I'm sitting in stupid meetings all day.

Feel better?

Nah, as a PA resident funding your retirement I want to know why the fock you have so much time when you are supposed to be teaching or watching over your romper room.

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Still with the tweets from last week. Anything from this week? 

May 13th and 14th was 3 and 4 days ago.  You're the one that specifically cited Rep. Cammack, those are her most recent tweets with any evidence.

1 minute ago, Alias Detective said:

Nah, as a PA resident funding your retirement I want to know why the fock you have so much time when you are supposed to be teaching or watching over your romper room.

Well, that sounds like a "you" issue

• Sad 1

Just now, TimHauck said:

sounds like she agrees with me though

So she basically admits she is a Chicken Little?

Cool.

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Feel better?

Our schools are open. I voted  this morning. 8 candidates for 3 spots. Voted for the three endorsed by Moms For Liberty

4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Our schools are open. I voted  this morning. 8 candidates for 3 spots. Voted for the three endorsed by Moms For Liberty

Same here in the same state as Moony.  Another paid day for the teacher while kids are at home.

10 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

What would you like me to do about it? I don't make that decision. Someone who makes way more money than me and isn't an educator makes that decision.

Or am I supposed to yell at my union about that since I know you believe teachers control everything under the sun.

And I'm sure the Koch brothers are super excited you are doing what they want you to do.

28 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

May 13th and 14th was 3 and 4 days ago.  You're the one that specifically cited Rep. Cammack, those are her most recent tweets with any evidence.

Crickets

5 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Crickets

His come you led with the older tweet? You had to scroll past the newer ones to get to that. You’re a hack and a fraud. Dismissed. 

21 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

What would you like me to do about it? I don't make that decision. Someone who makes way more money than me and isn't an educator makes that decision.

Or am I supposed to yell at my union about that since I know you believe teachers control everything under the sun.

And I'm sure the Koch brothers are super excited you are doing what they want you to do.

The Koch brothers aren’t America or Americans first. They’re liberals. I despise their kind. Try again. 

4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The Koch brothers aren’t America or Americans first. They’re liberals. I despise their kind. Try again. 

The Koch Brothers are liberal? Interesting...

And either way- they are major funders for Moms for Liberty. So good job libtard in conservative clothing if you really believe they are liberal.