Cloaca du jour

Baby Formula Shortage...

Just now, Sean Mooney said:

The Koch Brothers are liberal? Interesting...

And either way- they are major funders for Moms for Liberty. So good job libtard in conservative clothing if you really believe they are liberal. 

Good. I still despise them. But unlike you, I don’t let my hatred rule me and I vote based on policy. Trump was better for you but you hated him. Now look. 

20 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

His come you led with the older tweet? You had to scroll past the newer ones to get to that. You’re a hack and a fraud. Dismissed. 

You mean the newer ones where she admitted sending formula to the border won't impact the shortage?

13 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Good. I still despise them. But unlike you, I don’t let my hatred rule me and I vote based on policy. Trump was better for you but you hated him. Now look. 

Trump was better for me? Hah...go ahead and spin that

3 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

How’s the meeting going? Lunch time yet? 

26 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

You mean the newer ones where she admitted sending formula to the border won't impact the shortage?

Crickets

6 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Crickets

That’s not the subject. The subject is you saying it’s 3 pallets. It’s a lot more than that. And I’d rather see whatever number it is going to our kids, not illegals. Send them back if we can’t feed them. Why don’t you care more about Americans than others? 

12 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

That’s not the subject. The subject is you saying it’s 3 pallets. It’s a lot more than that. And I’d rather see whatever number it is going to our kids, not illegals. Send them back if we can’t feed them. Why don’t you care more about Americans than others? 

Please provide proof of it being more than 3 pallets.  So far I’ve seen proof of about half of 1 pallet.

• Confused 1

30 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Please provide proof of it being more than 3 pallets.  So far I’ve seen proof of about half of 1 pallet.

May not even be that much actually.  Possible one of the photos was taken at a Sam’s Club:

Just now, Baker Boy said:

Border detention center looks stocked with baby formula despite shortage

https://nypost.com/2022/05/12/border-detention-center-has-baby-formula-amid-shortage-photos/

LOL I literally already posted that article.  There is one shelf of baby formula in those pictures.  And that's the picture that may have been taken in a Sam's Club

3 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

LOL I literally already posted that article.  There is one shelf of baby formula in those pictures.  And that's the picture that may have been taken in a Sam's Club

I can’t help you.

1 minute ago, Baker Boy said:

I can’t help you.

I see that.  In case you haven't read the rest of the thread, Nido (2 of the 3 pictures) isn't baby formula.

15 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

My glib answer would be: "If I knew the answer to that I would write a book on it, become very rich, and then would never need to be here or teach ever again.

My more real-ish answer would be- I guess it depends how you define "authentic." Do I think there are truly 1.2 million people in the US who identify as non-binary? It's possible. It is also entirely possible that some of that 1.2 million are trend chasing as opposed to really being non binary. We should also point out the study seems to be 18-29 year olds, so mostly people who would not be in a high school anymore.

Otherwise- it is a few different things, I do think there are more people who are defined genetically as non-binary or trans. Not so much because they have decided that but more because now we have a name for this and we study it. There were gay and trans and non binary people a hundred years ago but there was no word for them. Similar to any number of things from depression to autism.

Another factor though is the social factor. We live in a very "dog chases tail" type society anymore. However, the study you linked doesn't bear that out and I'm not sure how you would qualify or measure that anyway as a factor. Additionally- I don't think deciding to become transgender is a great thing to cover for other things considering the amount of other spotlights it brings upon people. 

So to recap- genetics, some social stuff...most of the increase in non-binary is authentic only because as I've read, heard, and seen stories of kids and young adults coming forward I don't think it is an easy thing and I don't think they think it is some magic elixir to make their life better.  

Thanks for the response.  We appear to agree that the increase in non-binary is some combination of (1) willingness to admit, probably genetic, and (2) environmentally influenced.  The data I provided shows incontrovertibly, if you understand statistics, that the correlations between shiotty environments/mental states and non-binary have a clear relationship.  You've provided no contrary data, rather a few allegories, and instead said "your data doesn't fit my worldview and I don't like it so you are making a reach."

We're probably not going to come to agreement on this, so carry on.  :cheers:

25 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

So, there’s only one place where illegals are being housed? 

14 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

So, there’s only one place where illegals are being housed? 

Looks like ICE doesn't update their data much, but at the end of 2019 the average daily detained population was about 50k.  It dropped way down in 2020, but let's assume it's back up to around 50k because Biden (source: https://www.ice.gov/doclib/news/library/reports/annual-report/eroReportFY2020.pdf)

Don't really see stats on the breakdown by age.  According to the census bureau, 6% of the US is under 5 years old (source: https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/fact/table/US/AGE135220#AGE135220) .   Let's be extremely aggressive and say 3% of the detained population is under 1 (because that's all who really needs formula).  That's 1,500.

But remember, not even all of those will need formula.  According to the CDC, about 25% of babies breastfeed exclusively (source: https://publications.aap.org/aapnews/news/8060).   Let's be aggressive and say 20% for the detained population because illegal immigrants (in reality it might be higher than US average).

So, I'd estimate about 1,200 detained immigrant children that might need formula, and again that's probably on the high end.

I think most bigger containers of formula last about a month.  1 pallet probably contains somewhere around 400 containers (~8 containers per box, ~50 boxes per pallet).

So, 3 pallets of formula should feed the detained immigrant children population for about a month or more.

Your turn.  Some proof of more than 3 pallets please.

1 hour ago, TimHauck said:

I see that.  In case you haven't read the rest of the thread, Nido (2 of the 3 pictures) isn't baby formula.

They make a wide variety of powered milk which includes Baby Formula. HTH

7 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

They make a wide variety of powered milk which includes Baby Formula. HTH

No, they don't. HTH:

Is NIDO® milk beverage a baby formula?

No, NIDO® powdered milk beverage is not a baby formula. NIDO® products are only intended for children ages 1 year and older.

Doctors recommend breast milk or formula as the primary source of nutrition for children up to 1 year of age.

NESTLÉ® GERBER® makes products for children under 1 year of age. Visit their website at www.gerber.com or you can call 1-800-782-7766 to find a suitable formula for your child younger than 1 year old. 

https://www.goodnes.com/nido/faq/

24 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

No, they don't. HTH:

This shortage is hurting babies over 1 year of age. Who put an age limit on this shortage?

24 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Thanks Jimmy Olsen. About time. 

6 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Thanks for the response.  We appear to agree that the increase in non-binary is some combination of (1) willingness to admit, probably genetic, and (2) environmentally influenced.  The data I provided shows incontrovertibly, if you understand statistics, that the correlations between shiotty environments/mental states and non-binary have a clear relationship.  You've provided no contrary data, rather a few allegories, and instead said "your data doesn't fit my worldview and I don't like it so you are making a reach."

We're probably not going to come to agreement on this, so carry on.  :cheers:

You know very well my point of contention was the jump you made from one idea to the next in a way that is not supported by the data. 

If you had stopped at just that you are fine. You decided to make it more than what it was. That was always my point of contention. 

8 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

Still crickets from HT. 

17 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Still crickets from HT. 

So you are the same or better? How so? And if so, good for you. Are you a defense contractor too? 

18 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

You know very well my point of contention was the jump you made from one idea to the next in a way that is not supported by the data. 

If you had stopped at just that you are fine. You decided to make it more than what it was. That was always my point of contention. 

What, the cutting?  I gave you that win if you wanted it.  I still think it is a relevant comparison but I don't have the data to support it so... congrats.  Then again, you've brought no data whatsoever in this discussion so the best you can do is claim that your sense is better than my sense on this entire thread.  Congrats and god speed.  :cheers: 

11 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

So you are the same or better? How so? And if so, good for you. Are you a defense contractor too? 

So you have nothing....just trolling right?

8 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

So you have nothing....just trolling right?

Ok, I’ll play. Gas and oil were lower under Trump. 

10 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Ok, I’ll play. Gas and oil were lower under Trump. 

How do gas and oil affect my teaching?

And low or high price- whatever. I'm not going to start walking everywhere so its what it is. 

5 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

How do gas and oil affect my teaching?

And low or high price- whatever. I'm not going to start walking everywhere so its what it is. 

Groceries were lower under Trump. 

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Groceries were lower under Trump. 

Gotta eat. I'll pay what I gotta pay.

I've always lived well within my means regardless of how much money I make. My family isn't living on a shoestring.

13 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Gotta eat. I'll pay what I gotta pay.

I've always lived well within my means regardless of how much money I make. My family isn't living on a shoestring.

Violent Crime was lower. 

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

What, the cutting?  I gave you that win if you wanted it.  I still think it is a relevant comparison but I don't have the data to support it so... congrats.  Then again, you've brought no data whatsoever in this discussion so the best you can do is claim that your sense is better than my sense on this entire thread.  Congrats and god speed.  :cheers: 

Seeing as the data you posted is 18-29 year olds, do you feel that the poor, beaten, abused, and destitute naturally flock to LGBTQ lifestyle or do you think the conflicting feels of adolescence as a LGBTQ teenager leads to those things later in life?

23 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Violent Crime was lower. 

Crime is still lower than it was when I was a kid in the 80s and 90s. And I don't live near anywhere near major violent crime hubs.

Not sure how violent crime deals with teaching either. 

Just now, Sean Mooney said:

Crime is still lower than it was when I was a kid in the 80s and 90s. And I don't live near anywhere near major violent crime hubs.

I’m talking overall. Even so, you think your profession is doing better now? 

9 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Seeing as the data you posted is 18-29 year olds, do you feel that the poor, beaten, abused, and destitute naturally flock to LGBTQ lifestyle or do you think the conflicting feels of adolescence as a LGBTQ teenager leads to those things later in life?

I think moreso the former, although "naturally flock" is qualified by my assertion throughout this thread that our culture has made it hip to do so.

1 minute ago, jerryskids said:

I think moreso the former, although "naturally flock" is qualified by my assertion throughout this thread that our culture has made it hip to do so.

Would you at least agree that "hip to do so" does not make it "easy to do so"?

6 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

So the people that are suffering due to the increase in violent crime doesn’t concern you? And as long as we are off of the all time highs it’s ok? If it’s 75 pct of what it was will you still claim it’s ok? 

9 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

So the people that are suffering due to the increase in violent crime doesn’t concern you? And as long as we are off of the all time highs it’s ok? If it’s 75 pct of what it was will you still claim it’s ok? 

Explain what violent crime has to do with teaching.