Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

Things that are more expensive for guys than women

So, I'm guessing we've seen all this crap about the woman tax and how they pay so much more than guys do. B*******. Here are things I can think of literally right off the top of my head. Shoes. Underwear. Shirts. Pants.

There's a banner ad on this website it's offering a pair of men's swim trunks for $350. And girls individual pieces for $7 a shot.

The fact that you're dumb enough to pay for a pink razor because it's pretty? That's on you dumbass.

Don't get me wrong. B****** have to pay for s*** that we would never consider. Like makeup and tampons. You know, unless you're from football guys.

• Haha 2

Insurance 

Possibly watches and shoes, but women can pay high prices on those items as well

32 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Wrong. 

Really? I didn’t know that. I guess that half hour of wearing a dress, wig, lipstick, and high heels was counter-productive. :(

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, wiffleball said:

So, I'm guessing we've seen all this crap about the woman tax and how they pay so much more than guys do. B*******. Here are things I can think of literally right off the top of my head. Shoes. Underwear. Shirts. Pants.

I’m not sure shoes and underwear are less.  Dress shirts and pants maybe. 

33 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

definitely shoes. 

3 hours ago, wiffleball said:

There's a banner ad on this website it's offering a pair of men's swim trunks for $350. And girls individual pieces for $7 a shot.

I'd like to know what retailer that is. That sounds bizarre.

Generally speaking though, if comparable quality clothes are priced differently between men and women, that would be news to me.

Guys tend to have fewer clothes and as a result have durability on their mind more. So the quality tends to be better, and items will be costlier.

For women, anything that is not in the ballpark of "fast fashion" is a bit pricey (as well).

Another thing..women's clothing can be basically cheap quality and still be flattering (granted there is a lot of cheap-and-looks-bad stuff too).

It's much harder to pull that off with the more limited range of styles in menswear. Cheapness is more obvious.

13 hours ago, TimHauck said:

One of my pamperings is wearing Tommy John underwear; boxer briefs/trunks during the day, and looser boxers at night.  They are super comfy and I wouldn't want to wear anything less now.  Hell, my nuts created three (mostly) healthy kids, they did their job in life, they deserve a good retirement.  :D 

They aren't cheap; retail is like $40.  I never pay that, instead collecting pairs over time when I saw them on super sale/clearance.  

Anyway, I'm not sure you would pay anywhere near that for everyday undies, even at Tommy John.

Dress shoes are a good example of something where you can pay a lot at the high end for either sex, but I tend to agree with @wiffleballthat the average decent men's dress shoe is more expensive; in the $75-$150 for decent to good quality.  Perhaps because the market knows a woman "needs" 8764278 different pairs and colors, whereas a man needs brown and black. :dunno: 

1 hour ago, Mike Honcho said:

Drinks

I know, they don’t even have to pay for the roofies!!