Sign in to follow this  
Gladiators

Weddings

I focking hate weddings. Stood up in one tonight because my wife had to and I was a last resort for the groom.

l coach my oldest son’s soccer team and had to leave early from an out of town tournament for this wedding. Makes the wedding even more of a pain in my ass. I hate them!

• Thanks 1

I feel your pain. I even hate the ones I don't have to participate in. The topping on the cake is that 41% end in divorce/separation. 

Tell the single biotch you will catch the garter belt and show her the truth.

Did you have to pay for what you wore?

• Haha 1

Imagine being a groom with a last resort groomsman.

Wait, I actually did that.  

I think me and my ex-wife had one person standing up and my best friend at the time's dad passed away right before the wedding.  I ended up asking my ex-brother-in-law to fill in.  He did and he and my uncle took me out for my stag night.  It was in northernish Michigan at some out of the way bar and it was just us in there and the bartender.  I should have known at that moment that the marriage was doomed.

The wedding was in a small church too.  The kind that smell like small churches that nobodies been to in a while do.  Musty.  

One couple we invited, and this is no bullshit, his wife shows up with bleach blonde hair and he is wearing a button-up shirt with flames on it.  Like a short sleeve black shirt with flames printed on it.

I have no idea in hindsight why I didn't just tell the pastor, you know what?  I think this is a bad idea.  I am out.

My daughter is planning her wedding now and it’s a nightmare of expense. I am all for going to the courthouse.  

I enjoyed my wedding. I was in charge of the booze and music, so of course it was great. Those are the two things you have the most control over, and the easiest way to screw it up. If your wedding is any good no one cares if their meat is a little overcooked. Good apps are what they remember. Make sure you have coconut shrimp and pigs in a blanket and you should be fine. Fill in the rest. 

3 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I enjoyed my wedding. I was in charge of the booze and music, so of course it was great. Those are the two things you have the most control over, and the easiest way to screw it up. If your wedding is any good no one cares if their meat is a little overcooked. Good apps are what they remember. Make sure you have coconut shrimp and pigs in a blanket and you should be fine. Fill in the rest. 

I'm of Polish heritage; what we called "pigs in a blanket" were fairly disgusting.  Coconut shrimp is always a hit tho.  :thumbsup:

Just now, jerryskids said:

I'm of Polish heritage; what we called "pigs in a blanket" were fairly disgusting.  Coconut shrimp is always a hit tho.  :thumbsup:

I love polish food. So robust. 

10 hours ago, fandandy said:

The wedding was in a small church too.  The kind that smell like small churches that nobodies been to in a while do.  Musty.  

When my best friend from my youngest days got married, my wife and I flew back from AZ to PA for it.  In hindsight maybe we had something else going on, or they did it around a holiday, because I'm not sure that that alone would have had us made the trip and expense.

They got married in a historical church, which sounded great on paper.  The bride to be was active in the local historical society.  Thing is, we show up, in winter, and the church is a shell of a church.  Wide open, partial walls, no heat.  It's maybe in the 20s and my wife is sitting there with open toed shoes, afraid of getting frostbite.

They had two kids and later got divorced; he was a HS teacher and had an affair with one of his students after she graduated (no pedo stuff, but still seems a little sketchy, I presume there was at least some flirting going on in HS).  

To her credit she seems like a dedicated wife, sticking with him through his colon cancer battle, and through a lot of medical issues with the kid they had together.  Also 20+ years younger than him.  :thumbsup:

Was at a wedding here right after Mardi Gras. We love to catch crap here. It’s in our DNA. Reflex crap reaction. The bride, that nobody liked, tossed the bouquet, and it was like splitting the Red Sea. Catching that was death to a wanting…