Sign in to follow this  
Fireballer

Anyone use electrical devices to keep moles out of your yard?

Anyone use one that actually works?  And yes, I know they eat grubs and you have to kill those.  I've used every chemical remedy known to man and they're still here.

I have learned that the best way to keep rodents away is a cat. Even if you can borrow one for a week. The scent is enough to keep them away. 

The little pellets you can buy at home depot or lowes takes them out. I was skeptical but had so many I figured id try it. however don't be surprised that there is more than one running thru the tunnels. Will take a few applications if there is more than 1.

I just leave them alone other than running over their mounds with the riding lawnmower. My overachiever neighbor keeps trying to get rid of them, but they always come back. It's the same thing with weeds. 

The neighbor is always putting down weed control and all that. My yard is full of weeds in the spring, but the St. Augustine grass always chokes it out by summer's end. I have a sprinkler system, so ultimately my yard looks better than the overachiever neighbor, who moved here with his wife from California.

The focker doesn't understand wind direction and often sets off his burn pile when the wind blows from the south, which smokes us off our back porch.

I return the favor after rain has soaked fall leaves on the bottom, and I'll make sure everything burns nicely by soaking the pile with diesel.

20 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

I just leave them alone other than running over their mounds with the riding lawnmower. My overachiever neighbor keeps trying to get rid of them, but they always come back. It's the same thing with weeds. 

The neighbor is always putting down weed control and all that. My yard is full of weeds in the spring, but the St. Augustine grass always chokes it out by summer's end. I have a sprinkler system, so ultimately my yard looks better than the overachiever neighbor, who moved here with his wife from California.

The focker doesn't understand wind direction and often sets off his burn pile when the wind blows from the south, which smokes us off our back porch.

I return the favor after rain has soaked fall leaves on the bottom, and I'll make sure everything burns nicely by soaking the pile with diesel.

Or talk to him.