Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

What do you eat for breakfast?

I never eat breakfast before work.  On the weekends I might make eggs and bacon or just have a bowl of cereal.

An egg over a piece of 2 percent cheese atop a slice of Dave's bread. Coffee.

Filling but low calorie.

I'm lazy and make the egg in the microwave. I crack it into a bowl and nuke for 40 seconds.

Before all that, I get the day started with a big cup of ice water.

In all seriousness it's been Cheerios and yogurt Mon-Fri for years now. Saturday I'll normally do an omelet or French toast. Sundays I normally just grab a donut or some fruit or something.

Big breakfast person - I eat a variety of things, always eat b4 headed to work. 

Eggs and bacon or sausage

chorizo and eggs

waffles 

cold pizza

cold chicken

sandwiches

i usually do not have much of an appetite in the morning.

during the week, sometimes yogurt and granola. 

weekend when i have some time: french toast, pancakes, waffles, rosti, dutch babies.

Generally nothing m-f.  I will do eggs and homefries or toast on thr weekends mid morning if I am home.  Takes me a while to get hungry in the AM.  

2 hours ago, dain11279 said:

In all seriousness it's been Cheerios and yogurt Mon-Fri for years now. Saturday I'll normally do an omelet or French toast. Sundays I normally just grab a donut or some fruit or something.

My wife and I did the Noom diet last year, and it changed the way I looked at food. We both lost a ton of weight. I might be 5 pounds over where I bottomed out, but I'm still careful about calorie consumption.

It's a game of inches. I love McDonald's sausage-egg-and-cheese McMuffin, but it has like 600 calories. That's about double the regular egg McMuffin. 

My usual breakfast has even fewer calories than that, maybe around 250-300. 

I used to eat monster bowls of cereal, but that's a ton of calories, even with the healthiest of cereals.

16 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

My wife and I did the Noom diet last year, and it changed the way I looked at food. We both lost a ton of weight. I might be 5 pounds over where I bottomed out, but I'm still careful about calorie consumption.

It's a game of inches. I love McDonald's sausage-egg-and-cheese McMuffin, but it has like 600 calories. That's about double the regular egg McMuffin. 

I used to eat monster bowls of cereal, but that's a ton of calories, even with the healthiest of cereals.

Lol

I don't eat until 1:30 2pm

8 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

Coffee

Usually just this as well, but I go through phases.  At times during chemo I was focusing on keto and trying to keep my weight up, so I'd make eggs and bacon, sometimes with cheese.  Other times I've done oatmeal with fruit for the fiber, but I'm supposed to avoid calcium in the mornings because of my meds.  I should try to find a "milk" that has little/no calcium; heavy cream has virtually none and I use it in my coffee, but that wouldn't work for oatmeal.

On the weekdays it’s light and fast, like yogurt and a nutrigrain bar or something similar. Sometimes I have a little time to stuff some fruit in my mouth (his name is John :wub:)

Weekends I sometimes do it up more. Eggs, hash browns, bacon, fruit, etc. Although now I only have turkey bacon to keep the ol’ triglycerides down. It is pretty meh :( 

Big cereal fan after I've been at work for an hour or so.  Trying to avoid donuts etc.

Weekends I cook, lots of protein, you name it I can make it.  Go to though is my famous Hangover Hash Browns.  :thumbsup:

Reminds me I need to get a Blackstone for this summer.

Hangover Hash Browns

2-3 slices thick cut bacon

1 large peeled and shredded russet with the water squeezed out

1/2 onion diced

1 jalapeno diced

1 clove garlic minced

salt and pepper to taste

2/3rd ketchup to 1/3rd salsa picante dipping sauce

Fry the bacon, set aside.  Fry the first side of the potato in the left over bacon fat, after flipping top with the onion, jalapeno and garlic.  After the second side has browned, flip once more to lightly cook the onion and jalapeno.  Add chopped up bacon on top to warm.  Serve with the spicy ketchup.

9 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Usually just this as well, but I go through phases.  At times during chemo I was focusing on keto and trying to keep my weight up, so I'd make eggs and bacon, sometimes with cheese.  Other times I've done oatmeal with fruit for the fiber, but I'm supposed to avoid calcium in the mornings because of my meds.  I should try to find a "milk" that has little/no calcium; heavy cream has virtually none and I use it in my coffee, but that wouldn't work for oatmeal.

I just don't have time for breakfast. I get up at 3:00 and it's all I can do to get out the door on time as it is. I'm not going to get up at 2:30 so I can make and eat breakfast. 

I usually don't eat lunch either. I've been eating one meal a day, dinner, which is the absolute worst thing to do but it's the only meal I have time for. I need to change that. 

Look into oat milk. They fortify it with calcium but if you can find an unfortified version I don't think it contains calcium. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 5-Points said:

I just don't have time for breakfast. I get up at 3:00 and it's all I can do to get out the door on time as it is. I'm not going to get up at 2:30 so I can make and eat breakfast. 

I usually don't eat lunch either. I've been eating one meal a day, dinner, which is the absolute worst thing to do but it's the only meal I have time for. I need to change that. 

Look into oat milk. They fortify it with calcium but if you can find an unfortified version I don't think it contains calcium. 

Dang, that's awfully early to go to work. I'd never be able to do that.

1 hour ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Dang, that's awfully early to go to work. I'd never be able to do that.

I live in the burbs. Gotta get out in front of traffic or it will take me an hour to drive 20 miles.  :wall:

On the plus side I get done early and I'm usually home by 2:30 in the afternoon and the :cheers: commences. 

3 hours ago, 5-Points said:

Thanks.  I used oat milk for a while when I was testing if I was having a nut reaction (I wasn't, and I used to use almond milk in the oatmeal, but the one we get also has calcium).

I'll add that we occasionally get some bagels.  We've got a place by us, The Bagel Man, which is the closest thing to the Seinfeld "Soup Nazi" I've ever seen, other than the guy is nice.  There is always a line.  Closes by like 1PM, and isn't open on Sundays.  They don't cut them if you buy bulk, or toast them period.

"Can I get that toasted please?"
"We don't toast, it's good, you like."
"OK"

The owner is middle eastern, more Arabic than Jewish it seems, although they are all close together so what do I know.

I totally should have gotten some this morning; I drove past it taking my wife's car for new tires.  :wall:

• Haha 1

Two sausage patties with a piece of melted juusto

or

a protein shake

or

homemade sausage mcmuffin

or 

bacon and 2 medium cooked eggs 

Protein drink. Orgain, plant based. 

toast a bagel, add cream cheese, peanut butter, banana, strawberry jam, a glass of OJ and milk, maple syrup, chopped onion, pepper, oregano, garlic, tbone steak, throw it all into a blender and sip it throughout the day.

6 hours ago, Pimpadeaux said:

I count calories too. Problem is accounting for nightly alcohol... have to cut back on food to make room for IPA's  and merlot. We all have our priorities.

Today: no breakfast, no lunch, exercised, 1 bowl of chili for dinner, and now it's drinking time!

I never eat breakfast, I rarely eat before 2 pm. However, I will get up at 3 am and eat a pint of ice cream....and a slice of cheesecake 

• Like 1

A couple of nutrigrain bars or nature valley granola bars.

On the weekend, a bagel with strawberry cream cheese.

An always a Monster Ultra.  I can't do coffee.

11 minutes ago, Drizzay said:

A couple of nutrigrain bars or nature valley granola bars.

On the weekend, a bagel with strawberry cream cheese.

An always a Monster Ultra.  I can't do coffee.

Strawberry cream cheese? 

Homemade veggie cream cheese is the best!! Well, the cheese isn't home made.

53 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Strawberry cream cheese? 

Homemade veggie cream cheese is the best!! Well, the cheese isn't home made.

I love veggie pizza...cream cheese..chopped veggies on a crescent roll crust.

Usually nothing or a piece of string cheese.  Tomorrow I'm taking an apple cinnamon danish to work.  6 in a box and I've only had 3 of them in like three weeks, trying to make them last and don't want to eat that many carbs every morning.  If I work from home and I'm hungry, scrambled eggs.  I like grape nuts cereal and also apple cinnamon oatmeal and have a box of each at home but haven't had either in a while.

Religiously for a few years, a couple at least, it was one or two hard-boiled eggs, and a low sodium V8.  Then takes my vitamins.  I need to get back into that routine.  I felt much better and had more energy when I was doing this.

seriously i dont always eat breakfast.  i often have some unsweetened black tea.  maybe a toasted cream cheese bagel.  maybe a turkey croissant.  maybe scrambled eggs.