Sign in to follow this  
remote controller

Seattle QB???

I thought it was Drew Lock but Carrol from what I"ve seen hasnt talked much about it.  maybe its a competition

Footballguys has Lock listed as the starter.  

I think it's gonna be Lock personally. I think the only reason Geno is on top of the depth chart at the moment is because he knows the playbook until Lock and Eason get into camp.

4 hours ago, Kopy said:

I think it's gonna be Lock personally. I think the only reason Geno is on top of the depth chart at the moment is because he knows the playbook until Lock and Eason get into camp.

I think you are right.

maybe the plan is for Lock to start, but Carrol likes to force people to earn their jobs, so he first has to show hes better than Geno.

I dont think that will be a problem personally.  I dont think Geno is THAT good.   But stranger things have happened.

Regardless of which of these scrubs is QB where are ya’ll thinking of ranking DK?

Who ever it ends up being, I'm not going out of my way to get any Seahawks on my team this season

1 minute ago, jrokh said:

Regardless of which of these scrubs is QB where are ya’ll thinking of ranking DK?

Well, he is kind of TD dependent, big play dependent for his fantasy value. Having a bad QB is gonna hurt him more than a PPR, slot guy.

I think before, he would have been a late 2nd round/early 3rd pick. Now, that drops at least one round, maybe 2

DK is no better then a late wr2 , but I wouldn’t take him any earlier then a wr3.  

Horrible Qb situation. 

45 minutes ago, weepaws said:

DK is no better then a late wr2 , but I wouldn’t take him any earlier then a wr3.  

Horrible Qb situation. 

all the scouting reports I read suggest he throws a really nice deep ball.    

I would argue this is the perfect situation for him to be in.   Two speedsters as WR's really can make all of the difference.  his problem is labelled as big arm syndrome where he trusts his arm too much and makes ill advised throws.   That said........ WR's dont get penalized when the QB tosses an INT.   so I think DK will have some big games.

once again, I think hes probably a gem in a best ball format, but where you need steady production from week to week, I'd rank him lower.

it is also worth noting that in his draft year he was listed as the QB with the most development required.   specifically his accuracy drops on shorter routes when his footwork isnt good.

hes been a backup here for a bit.   its been the perfect chance for him to correct this deficiency.   I dont know if he did.  Obviously Carroll thinks he can work with him so I guess we will have to wait and see.   I trust Carroll.  

Wilson wasnt a first round pick.   but he was hand picked By Carroll at a time when everyone said he wouldnt be a good pro.   also worth noting that Seattle has historically had the largest number of undrafted players on their roster because they did their homework and made players out of people who were on the junk heap.

dude knows what hes doing.

He might be a bit of an arrogant jerk, but hes a smart football guy.  you cant deny that.

I think this offense is gonna be a vertical passing offense with a strong run game. (at least I think thats what hes shooting for)

so it woulnt surprise me if anyone gets DK to be a WR3 they will likely be pleased with the outcome of that pick.

13 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

I would argue this is the perfect situation for him to be in.   Two speedsters as WR's really can make all of the difference.  his problem is labelled as big arm syndrome where he trusts his arm too much and makes ill advised throws.   That said........ WR's dont get penalized when the QB tosses an INT.   so I think DK will have some big games.

once again, I think hes probably a gem in a best ball format, but where you need steady production from week to week, I'd rank him lower.

it is also worth noting that in his draft year he was listed as the QB with the most development required.   specifically his accuracy drops on shorter routes when his footwork isnt good.

hes been a backup here for a bit.   its been the perfect chance for him to correct this deficiency.   I dont know if he did.  Obviously Carroll thinks he can work with him so I guess we will have to wait and see.   I trust Carroll.  

Wilson wasnt a first round pick.   but he was hand picked By Carroll at a time when everyone said he wouldnt be a good pro.   also worth noting that Seattle has historically had the largest number of undrafted players on their roster because they did their homework and made players out of people who were on the junk heap.

He might be a bit of an arrogant jerk, but hes a smart football guy.  you cant deny that.

I think this offense is gonna be a vertical passing offense with a strong run game. (at least I think thats what hes shooting for)

so it woulnt surprise me if anyone gets DK to be a WR3 they will likely be pleased with the outcome of that pick.

Metcalf struggled last year at times with Wilson at QB. I played him in a night game and he didn't have a catch until 2 minutes left in the game. Big disappointment. I can't imagine how far he will fall with either of those QB's. I hope for your sake he does well, but if you draft him you might want to have a plan B in case he tanks. Best case for him i think would be getting traded to a team with a decent QB. 

46 minutes ago, wolves111 said:

Metcalf struggled last year at times with Wilson at QB. I played him in a night game and he didn't have a catch until 2 minutes left in the game. Big disappointment. I can't imagine how far he will fall with either of those QB's. I hope for your sake he does well, but if you draft him you might want to have a plan B in case he tanks. Best case for him i think would be getting traded to a team with a decent QB. 

I'm not drafting the guy as a WR1 dude.  Nor am I suggesting you should.

but at his ADP (which looks like it will be in WR3 territory) I think he will do okay.  in best ball, he will have some big games.  he may have some duds too.

keep in mind  Wilson wasnt fully right last year.  since the injury he wasnt quite himself.  maybe he was still hurt while playing.  not sure.

I'm sure this played into it a bit.

4 hours ago, Ray_T said:

You talking about Geno or Lock? 

5 hours ago, weepaws said:

You talking about Geno or Lock? 

Lock.

That said, I think at the NFL level he needs to be in the right situation to be successful and that wasnt Denver.

I think hes more likely to be successful in Seattle.   but i'd also say if he cant get it done here, I dont know where he will. 

one of my concerns is the line in Seattle could be better but its not as bad as it has been in past years.   

I’m not convinced that he’ll be as bad as we’ve seen from him in Seattle, but he has a 60% completion rate of his passes; and 25 tds and 20 int.  

Metcalf and Lockett and a two good young Rbs will help.  

14 hours ago, weepaws said:

I’m not convinced that he’ll be as bad as we’ve seen from him in Seattle, but he has a 60% completion rate of his passes; and 25 tds and 20 int.  

Metcalf and Lockett and a two good young Rbs will help.  

well, hes never had this kind of talent to work with on offense before.

I think its likely he has the best season of his career.

problem is.... hes never had a really good season so its tough to figure exactly where he will land.

but I do think if he cant succeed here in this situation, I'm not sure there is a situation where he can succeed as a starter in the NFL.   This is probably the perfect landing spot for someone with his skillset.   

if the line can protect him at least adequately he should do reasonably well.

of course you wont start him in most formats.   Hes not a top 12 QB.  you may give him a spot start against  certain opponents if your starter is injured or on a bye.

hes really only relevant in a 2QB or superflex format.  or in a deep league of 16 or more teams.