Sign in to follow this  
GutterBoy

Any Plumbers here?

I need to get the sump pump for an ejector pit replaced.  I can buy the pump from Home depot for $500, and the piping and joints another $100, but I don't want to do it.  Plumber wants to charge me $2K.  He's the only plumber that will call me back.  How bad is he focking me?

Dr Obeski was tragically arrested in the aftermath of 1/6 :( 

Sounds to me like maybe you’re getting a slight d1cking—$1,500 might be about right. I had this done like 12 years ago and I recall it being around 800 or 900 bucks but things are insane now

7 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

I need to get the sump pump for an ejector pit replaced.  I can buy the pump from Home depot for $500, and the piping and joints another $100, but I don't want to do it.  Plumber wants to charge me $2K.  He's the only plumber that will call me back.  How bad is he focking me?

No digging/crawling in really tight spots/circumstances that would extend labor?  I'd say you're getting a decent screw job.  Job should prob be about double the parts if nothing quirky. 

• Haha 1

Do you know how to do it yourself?  If yes, and you posted this thread seven hours ago, could have been done by now?  If yes, do it yourself or stop your whining.

• Haha 1

How much sump could a sump pump pump if a sump pump could pump sump?

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, GutterBoy said:

maybe if you just let him fix your house instead of having rough sex with him, he would charge less.

10 hours ago, fandandy said:

Do you know how to do it yourself?  If yes, and you posted this thread seven hours ago, could have been done by now?  If yes, do it yourself or stop your whining.

I could probably figure it out, I just don't have the time and would rather not deal in sewage, it's bad enough I read your posts.

Painters are turning into ass holes . I’m one my third one for one job. Hope this guy works out.  First guy, who I used before, quotes me a price and then a few days before he’s due to start just about doubles the price. Second guy says he’s coming on Friday, doesn’t show. Then asks if he can come on Saturday and ok, my wife leaves the soccer field to meet with him. All set, then tells me the other job he’s on wants him to do another two rooms and he can’t start until 4 days later, and I’m like WTF? How about you tell them you will do their two rooms when you’re done with mine? He says he has all his stuff set up there. What does that have to do with me? Says he didn’t know it was so important. Huh? I have an electrician waiting on him to do the painting. Told him time was important. Fired. Hopefully the guy who came today works out. I give up. I’m not firing this one. These guys will leave you the lurch in a second for a better job. 

7 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

These guys will leave you the lurch in a second for a better job. 

Because it is finally their turn financially.  Do you think these big-wig white-collar people deserve to have made what they have made over the decades, but they did.  It is absurd.  But they did.  Now, finally, the blue-collar workers get to make a few bucks and everyone is shitting the bed.  Get over it.  This isn't pointed at you, but in general.  I am certain that the OP is overpaid for what he does, and feels like a plumber is a plumber, and doesn't deserve that same financial consideration.  I call bullshit on that.  Do it your damn self.  How hard is painting?  I learned to paint before I learned to write my name.

7 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Painters are turning into ass holes . I’m one my third one for one job. Hope this guy works out.  First guy, who I used before, quotes me a price and then a few days before he’s due to start just about doubles the price. Second guy says he’s coming on Friday, doesn’t show. Then asks if he can come on Saturday and ok, my wife leaves the soccer field to meet with him. All set, then tells me the other job he’s on wants him to do another two rooms and he can’t start until 4 days later, and I’m like WTF? How about you tell them you will do their two rooms when you’re done with mine? He says he has all his stuff set up there. What does that have to do with me? Says he didn’t know it was so important. Huh? I have an electrician waiting on him to do the painting. Told him time was important. Fired. Hopefully the guy who came today works out. I give up. I’m not firing this one. These guys will leave you the lurch in a second for a better job. 

Painting is simple.  Watch a youtube video for pro tips, then you could do it yourself.

I worked for a painter one summer in college, one of the best jobs I ever had as I learned the right way to paint, and have painted numerous rooms over the years saving thousands of dollars.

It's called supply and demand and the white-collars of this country only want that supply illegally when it doesn't affect their bottom line but will cry a river when their job is outsourced to India.

Shut up.

2 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Painting is simple.  Watch a youtube video for pro tips, then you could do it yourself.

I worked for a painter one summer in college, one of the best jobs I ever had as I learned the right way to paint, and have painted numerous rooms over the years saving thousands of dollars.

You should have worked for a plumber...

Just now, fandandy said:

You should have worked for a plumber...

I'm great at plumbing your wife.

3 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

That’s crazy, I also learned how to paint your mom’s face from pro tips :o 

3 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

I'm great at plumbing your wife.

I'll give that to you but if you scroll up...

Really?

5 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Don’t have the time . We both work, believe it or not, and our weekends are non stop sports and birthday parties. 

39 minutes ago, fandandy said:

It's called supply and demand and the white-collars of this country only want that supply illegally when it doesn't affect their bottom line but will cry a river when their job is outsourced to India.

Shut up.

I’m not white collar. I treat e wry working man that comes to my house great. 9 out of ten times I tip. You say you’re coming don’t tell me you’re not unless someone is sick or some other personal issue.  

On 5/17/2022 at 3:13 PM, GutterBoy said:

Lol 

On 5/18/2022 at 10:00 AM, cyclone24 said:

Plumbed out your mom.

Holy hell, I saw this thread just now and thought I wonder how long it took someone to get to the Mom and naturally it was me. God im a terrible terrible human being. 🤣🤣

• Thanks 1

Drob got banned