Sign in to follow this  
nobody

Sleepiest dynasty Sleepers 2022

We're back for another year with the thread that brought you Elijah Mitchell last year.

Not too many sleepers this year that I identified, but I'll give you who I got.

Khalil Shakir, Buffalo - 5th round draft pick out of Buffalo.  It's hard to believe he fell to the 5th round.  Maybe because there were so many receivers in this draft.  He reminds me a lot Amon-Ra St Brown.  Not overly fast.  Not overly big, but he runs the smoothest routes so he's just always open.  He's buried behind Jamison Crowder, but I suspect he'll be better than him in short order.  That's not to say he'll overtake him on the depth chart because he'd need to blow Crowder away to do that, but I can certainly see him carving out a role if any of Diggs, Davis, or Crowder get hurt

Abram Smith, New Orleans - UDFA RB out of Baylor.  He has legit wiggle, and he can catch the ball.  I like him partially because of talent, but I think he also has a clearer path to touches in NO if Kamara gets hurt.  He doesn't strike me as having great vision, so I think that will limit him.

ZaQuandre White, Miami - UDFA RB out of South Carolina.  This guy is fun.  He was a highly recruited RB out of high school, but ended up playing LB at FSU.  He transfers to South Carolina, and he gets a dirth of touches, but he was slippery with them.  He plays faster than his 40 time would indicate and he has a knack for breaking tackles.  Problem is he's raw.  Miami picked up Mostert, Chase Edmonds, and Sony Michel, so they have a full back field, but one thing I like about this landing spot is Miami's scheme should fit ZaQuandre's skillset well.  He's fast and he can cut on an absolute dime.  South Carolina played a gap scheme, but you put him in Miami's zone scheme and I bet he can really show off.  

Isaiah Weston, Cleveland - UDFA wide receiver out of Nothern Iowa.  Weston is a tall, big, fast receiver, but he got penalized for being at Nothern Iowa.  Don't get me wrong.  The only reason he is even on my radar is I play in a very deep dynasty league, and he has to overcome a ton to even make the team considering the Browns have Amari Cooper, Peoples-Jones, and David Bell, but damn if this guy didn't just absolutely torch man coverage in college.  I get the level of competition arguments, but he was beating guys by 10 yards sometimes.  My concern is he doesn't run a sophisticated route tree.  He was a guy that they just sent deep a lot, but if he can polish those route running skills, he could actually be a legit player.  His most likely scenario is he becomes Matt Jones who's a guy I bet most people forgot, but was an athletic freak that could never quite figure out how to play receiver at the NFL level.  Worth a watch list add, though, because I'm sure he'll put up some nice highlight reel catches in training camp and preseason.

I have Shakir as a player to watch as well.  hes not on my draft board yet.   I dont think hes high enough on the Bills depth chart to be productive to a point where I'd draft him.

if he lights it up early I'd pick him up on waivers

Added Isaiah Weston as a sleepy sleeper even for this list.

How about Packers Wr Romeo Doubs

Isaih Pacheco - who knows with CEH if he can grab the starting job. I grabbed Pacheco in the 4th round of a rookie draft already.

Keaontay Ingram - Another 4th/5th round rookie with only two old guys in front of him. Darrel signing is a good thing because it only pushes Ingram's cost down even more.

Wasn’t a good thing in a redraft, killed Ingram value.  

Zaquandre doing well so far at least according to this blurb buried in a report praising Chase Edmonds.

Rookie tailback ZaQuandre White, who has been impressive just about every practice the media has attended, also delivered one of the days biggest runs. The former South Carolina standout been a pleasant surprise. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ocregister.com/2022/06/01/dolphins-minicamp-observations-week-3-chase-edmonds-showcases-speed/amp/

Zaquandre got more love.  Media asked if there were any UDFA standouts and Mike McDaniel called out Zaquandre White.  He was sure to say that he doesn't want to form to early of an opinion though.

“I’ve been very impressed with, I call him ‘Dr. White’ [ZaQuandre White],” McDaniel said.  “But there’s plenty of guys – I know my NFL experience has afforded me to know this much to not make too early of a judgment.”

https://dolphinswire.usatoday.com/2022/06/08/mike-mcdaniel-impressed-by-zaquandre-white/

Carson Strong-Philly.

got injured in his draft year so went undrafted, but there is the possibility he could actually be the best QB in this years class.

if Philly trades one of their top 2 QB's that likely means they like this kid a lot.   Thats probably the sign you wanna pick him up (if it happens)

most scouting reports on him have been great.  biggest concern seems to be the health of his knee.

here is a snippet.

"Touch-or-torch" pocket passer with rare blend of power and finesse to turn low percentage throws into completions. His surgically repaired right knee might hinder the sturdiness of his throwing base, but Strong still throws with velocity, accuracy and touch either on or off-platform. He has the talent to attack any coverage and all areas of the field. Nonchalant eye discipline and a gunslinger mentality means he's likely to see additional air traffic and turnovers as he transitions from Nevada's Air Raid offense. Scouts rave about his leadership and "killer instinct." He clearly has first-round talent, but long-term durability concerns surrounding his knee could force teams to take a more cautious approach with his projection and draft slotting.

I suspect they want him red shirt for a year, but if the starters are not getting it done I wouldnt be surprised to see him take the field late in the year.

one more piece of info:  Minshew(currently #2 on the depth chart) played in an air raid system in college.   So did Strong.

maybe they are moving towards this kind of system for their offense.  if so, that could mean Hurts is running on a short leash as the starter.