Sign in to follow this  
fandandy

I have been having an almost sharp pain in one specific place on my left knee

Consistently for the past few weeks.  Not like a sharp piercing pain, but a pain in the same spot. 

All winter I have been wearing these.

I put on these a couple of days ago.

My knee stopped hurting.

Say what you will, haters.

Birkenstock's are the shiznit.  

You need to start wearing kneepads when pulling a double shift at the bus station glory hole. 

If you wear the right pants they almost don't look like clogs.  The trick is wearing the correct pants and praying that it is not windy.

I've never done this as I don't get out much but I can imagine these are not good to run in and were I to ever hear, Look at that kweer wearing clogs.  Let's get him.  At that point I may take them off and carry them in my fanny pack as I scream RAPE!!!!!

1 minute ago, GutterBoy said:

What do they look like with assless chaps?

As long as the assless chaps are long enough then you're good. 

How do those clogs look when carrying your "satchel"? 

Jesus i knew we needed football back…but I didn’t know we needed it back that bad.

14 minutes ago, DonS said:

You need to start wearing kneepads when pulling a double shift at the bus station glory hole. 

Beat me to it...

Talk with your physician. Might need a referral to ortho or to podiatry 

13 minutes ago, fandandy said:

Either way, my knee don't hurt.  Fock ya'll.

Or your first pair caused the pain.

Just now, Baker Boy said:

Or your first pair caused the pain.

I think it was the Mucks.  I am telling you right now.  They were so awesome and convenient throughout winter and the wet weather.  Easy slip-on and off, but the pair I bought were more designed for gardening I think.  The soles are rounded towards the edge and I think it has gradually affected my one knee.  It was an almost instantaneous relief, within two days, once I put on the Birkenstocks.

Say what you will.  Birkenstocks are awesome.  

Mucks are good too.  

Have fun in your tight ass sweaty ass stinky ass Nikies.  I will pass.  Thank you very much.

I tried on some Birkenstocks last year but did not find them comfortable.

I still need to purchase a leather sandal of some sort but cannot find one I like. 

I had a pair of Dockers sandals for a few years, but they eventually just fell apart on me.

Just now, MTSkiBum said:

I tried on some Birkenstocks last year but did not find them comfortable.

I still need to purchase a leather sandal of some sort but cannot find one I like. 

I had a pair of Dockers sandals for a few years, but they eventually just fell apart on me.

You need to be willing to give Birkenstocks time.  It takes time.  They are the only shoe that I have owned in my life that I have ever considered sending off to get resoled.  

Real answer:  there are some things in life where functionality/comfort is key, and price is not that relevant.  One of them is sleeping, like I told @MTSkiBumrecently -- you spend 1/3 of your life in bed, if you can make that more comfortable, do it.  Another is shoes -- perhaps because my dad worked in a shoe factory, but I've always been picky about shoes.  Especially for somebody like @fandandywho is on his feet a lot; if they are comfortable and relieve pain, go for it.  :cheers:

Geek Club answer:  I'd rather cut off my legs than look like the guy in that Birkenstock pic.  And I used to wear jorts.  :dunno: 

1 minute ago, jerryskids said:

I'd rather cut off my legs than look like the guy in that Birkenstock pic.  And I used to wear jorts.  :dunno: 

You have brought that up a few times, but there is no shame in wearing jorts. Sometimes they are the best shorts to go with the shirt.

You know the white cotton tank top that has little ridges in it running vertically. That is what I like to wear with my jorts.

See, Mike.  This is what I have been trying to tell you.  We could make you a killing.  Me alone.  YOU would be buying Twitter.

1 minute ago, fandandy said:

There are some bright mother fockers in here.

Answer my question. Where specifically does your knee hurt?

1 hour ago, fandandy said:

Consistently for the past few weeks.  Not like a sharp piercing pain, but a pain in the same spot. 

All winter I have been wearing these.

I put on these a couple of days ago.

My knee stopped hurting.

Say what you will, haters.

Birkenstock's are the shiznit.  

You should do knee strengthening exercises. They are very simple to do and only take a little time. 

2 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Answer my question. Where specifically does your knee hurt?

Rusty trying to assess how big of a policy to take out on Fandandy....

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

You have brought that up a few times, but there is no shame in wearing jorts. Sometimes they are the best shorts to go with the shirt.

You know the white cotton tank top that has little ridges in it running vertically. That is what I like to wear with my jorts.

Nice tank top, I think I saw you on Cops a while back, hairy chest guy, right?  :D 

Making fun of me for wearing jorts back in the 90s to early 00s is a bit of a tradition around here, so I like to have fun with it.  :thumbsup: 

I stopped wearing them primarily though because my wife didn't like the look.  She also prefers flat fronts to pleats.  If I can wear clothes that increase by a nanopercent the chance that she or any woman feels remotely tingly, and they aren't uncomfortable or uber ghey, I'll wear it.  :)

46 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Rusty trying to assess how big of a policy to take out on Fandandy....

No, I've had knee issues and learned a thing or two about how to address them, like kneeing you in the face when you go into ankle-biter mode.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

No, I've had knee issues and learned a thing or two about how to address them, like kneeing you in the face when you go into ankle-biter mode.

Your knee injuries are the result of being a sh!tty runner, I don't think fandandy has run a mile in his life.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Your knee injuries are the result of being a sh!tty runner, I don't think fandandy has run a mile in his life.

I've got a minor in running, so go fock yourself.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Pimpadeaux said:

I've got a minor in running, so go fock yourself.

Why do you have a young person running, is that part of that pizza pedo thing?  :( 

25 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Why do you have a young person running, is that part of that pizza pedo thing?  :( 

It's a college degree, so that makes me more knowledgeable about runnering than anyone without a minor in that field, pal. 

:mad:

5 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

It's a college degree, so that makes me more knowledgeable about runnering than anyone without a minor in that field, pal. 

Bachelor of Liberal Arts?

17 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

Bachelor of Liberal Arts?

Science, b!tches!