Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Bill Maher: Along for the pride - FINALLY - Worth it's own thread

1 hour ago, edjr said:

Parents using their kids sexuality to be popular, is even lower than the chit Kardashians do.

Yeah there’s that element and then it’s also cool and popular now to be something other than a normal straight person who thinks they’re the actual gender they were biologically born as

The Biden admin supports gender affirming care. Gonna pay for it too. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

The Biden admin supports gender affirming care. Gonna pay for it too. 

How expensive can a meat cleaver be?  Chop chop. Next!  

Let's see...we have a segment of people with an insatiable need for affirmation by the very society whose norms they are trying to destroy.  Nothing to see here, it's all normal. 

15 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Let's see...we have a segment of people with an insatiable need for affirmation by the very society whose norms they are trying to destroy.  Nothing to see here, it's all normal. 

Don't forget that they are taught from day 1 to hate who and what they are. Of course they are going to want to change it.  Doesn't matter that's it's impossible because we are being shamed not to notice.  

The real transphobes are the insurance industry. I think @Alias Detective is in the industry and said that companies are like...nah, we're not playing your game.  You get man rates if you're born with a dik.

32 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

The real transphobes are the insurance industry. I think @Alias Detective is in the industry and said that companies are like...nah, we're not playing your game.  You get man rates if you're born with a dik.

Don't you mean owning person?

59 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Correct. Still true btw. 

1 hour ago, Fireballer said:

I would not take an application for a transgender. Not worth my time. 

Again- it does not matter one bit what I, you, or any other chud pounding away at their keyboard thinks. It doesn't matter if we agree, disagree, or are otherwise ambivalent to what a teenager believes when it comes to this stuff. If a 16 year old kid walks up to you- in your role as a protector and authority figure- and says "I believe I am a different gender than what I am," if your response is "Fook you, no you aren't," You are a .

The correct response is to make a kid feel heard and acknowledge whatever they are going through without trying to sway them in one direction or another.

Likewise if your response is "That's cool, let me give you a whole bunch of information on what to do now or help you get set up with hormone blockers, etc," you are a dumbass. 

It is completely possible to hear a kid say these things and say "I'm very happy for you to feel comfortable to admit that to me. I would advise you to discuss it with your guidance counselor (provided I'm not their counselor) or therapist so you can figure out how to tell your parents." Boom- I heard the kid, acknowledged them, and gave myself an out on the coversation.

It does not matter if it's 1 kid of out 25 or 10 out of 25 that does it. 

• Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Again- it does not matter one bit what I, you, or any other chud pounding away at their keyboard thinks. It doesn't matter if we agree, disagree, or are otherwise ambivalent to what a teenager believes when it comes to this stuff. If a 16 year old kid walks up to you- in your role as a protector and authority figure- and says "I believe I am a different gender than what I am," if your response is "Fook you, no you aren't," You are a .

The correct response is to make a kid feel heard and acknowledge whatever they are going through without trying to sway them in one direction or another.

Likewise if your response is "That's cool, let me give you a whole bunch of information on what to do now or help you get set up with hormone blockers, etc," you are a dumbass. 

It is completely possible to hear a kid say these things and say "I'm very happy for you to feel comfortable to admit that to me. I would advise you to discuss it with your guidance counselor (provided I'm not their counselor) or therapist so you can figure out how to tell your parents." Boom- I heard the kid, acknowledged them, and gave myself an out on the coversation.

Now. You ARE the counselor and they identify as a cat. What’s your song and dance now?

yes. It is happening in your state. 

1 minute ago, Sean Mooney said:

I agree with everything you said, regarding your fiduciary role as a teacher.  :cheers: 

But my point was to our discussion where you like to say "well there's some of these, and some of those..." no, it's mostly social at this point, Bill Maher gets it, you either don't get it or won't admit it.  I'm not suggesting to tell the kid to fock off, but we can't be giving puberty blockers or performing surgery on these confused kids.

30 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

Now. You ARE the counselor and they identify as a cat. What’s your song and dance now?

Wouldn't Sux be their teacher? 😹

2 hours ago, jerryskids said:

if your response is "Fook you, no you aren't," You are a .

I agree

2 hours ago, jerryskids said:

I agree

2 hours ago, Alias Detective said:

I don't agree.  By saying that, you're pandering to them.  You're allowing them to think, 'ok, this person thinks I'm right'.  That may not be you're intention is, but that's what you're doing.  Telling them not to seek help is doing just as much harm as telling them "No you aren't" or "Get hormone blockers".

The right approach is saying, "If you feel that way, you should talk to your parents and seek counseling and they'll help you achieve what the best course of action is for you."  By saying that, you're not judging them and you're putting them on the best course of action.  Seeking help from professionals is the way to get the results that's best for that kid.

3 hours ago, jerryskids said:

if your response is "Fook you, no you aren't," You are a .

I agree

3 hours ago, jerryskids said:

I agree

3 hours ago, Alias Detective said:

I don't agree.  By saying that, you're pandering to them.  You're allowing them to think, 'ok, this person thinks I'm right'.  That may not be you're intention is, but that's what you're doing.  Telling them not to seek help is doing just as much harm as telling them "No you aren't" or "Get hormone blockers".

The right approach is saying, "If you feel that way, you should talk to your parents and seek counseling and they'll help you achieve what the best course of action is for you."  By saying that, you're not judging them and you're putting them on the best course of action.  Seeking help from professionals is the way to get the results that's best for that kid.

6 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I agree

I agree

Where did you get that quote of me from?

8 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

Where did you get that quote of me from?

Same.  It looks like all 3 quotes were in a @Sean Mooneypost.  :dunno: 

6 hours ago, jerryskids said:

But my point was to our discussion where you like to say "well there's some of these, and some of those..." no, it's mostly social at this point, Bill Maher gets it, you either don't get it or won't admit it.  I'm not suggesting to tell the kid to fock off, but we can't be giving puberty blockers or performing surgery on these confused kids.

Honestly I think we are in semantics and I'm not going to waste either of our times debating that. But to very simply say- I acknowledge some of it is social. Some of it is very real for students though. That is where I say "It is some of this and some of that." I would also say I don't advocate puberty blockers or anything like that in anyone under the age of 18. Once they are adults and want to do that- go nuts. 

2 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

2 parts below what you quoted here that is almost exactly what I said. ""I'm very happy for you to feel comfortable to admit that to me. I would advise you to discuss it with your guidance counselor (provided I'm not their counselor) or therapist so you can figure out how to tell your parents.""

6 hours ago, Alias Detective said:

"I'm very happy for you to feel comfortable to admit that to me. I would advise you to discuss it with your guidance counselor (provided I'm not their counselor) or therapist so you can figure out how to tell your parents."'

Again- I can think it is the dumbest thing in the world but I'm not going to mock a kid for it in the moment. Trust is key and for many of those students they feel unheard- they just need to be heard in some cases. 

6 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

Creep

You're doing someone a big favor by telling them they're a focking idiot if they think they are a different gender. Long-term it benefits them to snap out of it and not play into their reality.  That or they'll off themselves, either way win-win.

• Confused 1

Are there numbers on how many were L, G, B, T and Q?  I feel like L & G probably still make up the majority of the group, but haven’t seen the numbers

11 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

No you kinda don't if you want to peacefully do your job...and you know- also not be a to a teenage kid trying to figure things out.  

I tend to agree. I do think there is some bit of trend to it, but I also think younger generations are more comfortable with who they are. So it's a bit of both.

So - just to be clear here - you think that the doubling every generation of the LGBTQ crowd is because the younger generations are comfortable with who they are?  Is that what you're claiming?

I mean, you realize that changing your gender/sex is literally the exact opposite of being comfortable with who they are, right?

34 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

Creep

You're doing someone a big favor by telling them they're a focking idiot if they think they are a different gender. Long-term it benefits them to snap out of it and not play into their reality.  That or they'll off themselves, either way win-win.

No you are not. You are setting yourself up for a bunch of trouble. Again- hear it, acknowledge it, and pass it along to the person who can help. You've done your job and kept yourself clean. 

As I've said many times, this all happened before in Russia 100ish years ago.  

The communists wanted to overthrow the government and establish a brutal dictatorship.  Their path to victory was to shame every aspect of Russian society and elevate subversives.  They guilt tripped the nation into a dictatorship.  Once they had ultimate power, they quickly murdered all the subversives.  Lenin, Stalin and friends quickly granted equal rights to fringe groups like homosexuals when they first assumed power.  But within 5 years, they were quickly rounding up the LBGTQ+ crowd and shipping them to death camps.  What's really fascinating about that is the LBGTQ+ crow did NOT fight back.  Even in the face of death, they were more afraid of looking like they sided with liberty and freedom.  So they just threw some parties and let the thugs round them up and kill them.

Its really an incredible case of group delusion.

And you are seeing a replay in the thoughts and words from people like Mooney and Honcho.  They would fit right in with it. They would watch democrats round up gays and shoot them all and have a blank stare.  You don't argue with Mooney and Honcho.  They are light years beyond that.  They are devout crusaders of communist dictatorships.  They are not about right vs wrong.  They are about their fanatic adherence to party doctrine.

1 minute ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

So - just to be clear here - you think that the doubling every generation of the LGBTQ crowd is because the younger generations are comfortable with who they are?  Is that what you're claiming?

I mean, you realize that changing your gender/sex is literally the exact opposite of being comfortable with who they are, right?

You realize "L" "G" "B" AND "Q" are also letters as well and mean different things? 

Just now, Sean Mooney said:

You realize "L" "G" "B" AND "Q" are also letters as well and mean different things? 

I'm still in shock that you think that changing your gender/sex is because someone is "comfortable with who they are".  :doh:

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Honestly I think we are in semantics and I'm not going to waste either of our times debating that. But to very simply say- I acknowledge some of it is social. Some of it is very real for students though. That is where I say "It is some of this and some of that." I would also say I don't advocate puberty blockers or anything like that in anyone under the age of 18. Once they are adults and want to do that- go nuts. 

Some of these, some of those...

Fock that, tell us you believe 20%, or frankly higher given the trajectory of that curve, for your school students.  Embrace it, own it.  Say you believe, what, 30%?  1/3 of people are on the spectrum?  What's your number Sean? When you look out at a class, how many are there?

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Fock that, tell us you believe 20%, or frankly higher given the trajectory of that curve, for your school students.  Embrace it, own it.  Say you believe, what, 30%?  1/3 of people are on the spectrum?  What's your number Sean? When you look out at a class, how many are there?

The curve shown is for all LGBTQ people (and that leaves out the IAA+ apparently). It wasn't solely trans students. 

I can tell you though I have one class with 24 people and of those 24- 2 are transsexual, 3 are bi, and 1 is asexual. So 6 of 24 is exactly 20%. I don't think that class is the norm though but I would say the number is probably 10-12% across the entirety of the LGBTQIAA+ system. 

3 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

The curve shown is for all LGBTQ people (and that leaves out the IAA+ apparently). It wasn't solely trans students. 

I can tell you though I have one class with 24 people and of those 24- 2 are transsexual, 3 are bi, and 1 is asexual. So 6 of 24 is exactly 20%. I don't think that class is the norm though but I would say the number is probably 10-12% across the entirety of the LGBTQIAA+ system. 

A friend of mine’s teenage son apparently believes he is asexual.

I’m pretty sure he’s just depressed and couldn’t  get laid if he tried  :( 

7 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

27 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Are there numbers on how many were L, G, B, T and Q?  I feel like L & G probably still make up the majority of the group, but haven’t seen the numbers

Good question, I don't know.  But if we say a max of 10% of people are on the spectrum, I'd say that 9.? % of it is L/G/B.  That is, sexual preference vs. gender.  The number of truly trans people is far less than 1 percent.

If you are ghey, or think you might be, knock yourself out.  No hormones or surgeries involved there.  :thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Sounds logical.  I guess whatever it takes to avoid dealing with reality drives alot this. 

4 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

asexual is bizarre to me. Like there is nothing you are attracted to?

The girl who identifies as asexual is super quiet. Nice girl, very smart, very friendly when you talk to her but just dresses very frumpy in a lot of layers which her guidance counselor said she does because she expressed "we are just lumps of clay as people."

:dunno:

Make them wear uniforms. No jewelry. Let’s learn! 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

The girl who identifies as asexual is super quiet. Nice girl, very smart, very friendly when you talk to her but just dresses very frumpy in a lot of layers which her guidance counselor said she does because she expressed "we are just lumps of clay as people."

Sounds kind of like a fleshlight :banana:

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Good question, I don't know.  But if we say a max of 10% of people are on the spectrum, I'd say that 9.? % of it is L/G/B.  That is, sexual preference vs. gender.  The number of truly trans people is far less than 1 percent.

That would be my thought as well.  In which case I think you guys are getting sidetracked by focusing on the T as it's likely not driving the increase.

2 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

I have never met a bi-sexual guy

Don't get discouraged.  :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

44 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

That would be my thought as well.  In which case I think you guys are getting sidetracked by focusing on the T as it's likely not driving the increase.

I would suspect though that of those 20% from the poll, nowhere near 90+% identified as ghey.  That's why I said it is a good question.  But my sense is that, as Maher pointed out, since ghey isn't hip enough any more, a disproportionately large percentage of those 20% are somewhere on the gender spectrum.

9 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

What did we do to the youth? 

No one was like this 15 years ago when I graduated.   

We have failed the youth it seems.