Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Bill Maher: Along for the pride - FINALLY - Worth it's own thread

1 hour ago, listen2me 23 said:

What did we do to the youth? 

No one was like this 15 years ago when I graduated.   

We have failed the youth it seems.  

Is it a fact that no one was like that 15 years ago or did they just keep it to themselves?  Humans have struggled with their sexuality for thousands of years.  It's never been accepted as much as it is now though.  I think that is the biggest difference.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

I have never met a bi-sexual guy

Geez, suck just one cack :( 

11 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Is it a fact that no one was like that 15 years ago or did they just keep it to themselves?  Humans have struggled with their sexuality for thousands of years.  It's never been accepted as much as it is now though.  I think that is the biggest difference.

Hard to say no one.  But I am one of the younger ones here and there was no one who cared to label their sexuality like they do today because society has now made it trendy.  No one talked about pronouns, because it wasnt a thing.  Sure there were "different" kids.  

Oh you are asexual you claim? Who the F cares?  Don't have a boyfriend or girlfriend if you are not attracted to anyone.  Seems simple.  

What is with all the labels these days?  Everyone needs a flag.  Everyone needs a pat on the back.  Everyone needs a week.  Yes I just googled sure enough there is an asexual week of celebration.  

Like I said before as a semi joke but got push back from guttervomit, is it that crazy that we start conceding things to people who want to be animals? 

Everyone is afraid of political correctness these days that they just go along with this silliness.   Because they are scared of being called (insert word) - phobe.  

I graduated in 2006.  I thought we were progressing and these young people had more ability to be themselves?  Why is this increasing not decreasing?

The rate of suicide for those ages 10 to 24 increased nearly 60% between 2007 and 2018, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The CDC reported that suicide was the second leading cause of death among people ages 10-34 in 2018.

41 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Greece and Rome were pretty accepting. 

21 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

I graduated in 2006.  I thought we were progressing and these young people had more ability to be themselves?  Why is this increasing not decreasing?

The rate of suicide for those ages 10 to 24 increased nearly 60% between 2007 and 2018, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The CDC reported that suicide was the second leading cause of death among people ages 10-34 in 2018.

Late term abortion :thumbsup:

12 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Greece and Rome were pretty accepting. 

I believe they were.

31 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Social Media

1 minute ago, GutterBoy said:

Social Media

it is amazing to me that social media still goes unchecked.  

If a group of kids kept meeting at an abandoned warehouse and one by one they kept committing suicide. Do you think maybe the police or someone would look into it to try to stop it? 

1 minute ago, edjr said:

it is amazing to me that social media still goes unchecked.  

If a group of kids kept meeting at an abandoned warehouse and one by one they kept committing suicide. Do you think maybe the police or someone would look into it to try to stop it? 

I wouldn't call it "Unchecked".  There are parents who restrict its use, schools that have social media awareness programs, advocates like Frances Haugen are out there (heard her speak recently, very good, https://www.romper.com/parenting/social-medias-effect-on-kids-wellbeing-is-a-public-health-emergency ), but to your point, it's not enough.  And the single reason why it's never going to be enough, IMO, is because the idiot parents/adults that are addicted to social media too.

1 minute ago, GutterBoy said:

I wouldn't call it "Unchecked".  There are parents who restrict its use, schools that have social media awareness programs, advocates like Frances Haugen are out there (heard her speak recently, very good, https://www.romper.com/parenting/social-medias-effect-on-kids-wellbeing-is-a-public-health-emergency ), but to your point, it's not enough.  And the single reason why it's never going to be enough, IMO, is because the idiot parents/adults that are addicted to social media too.

Unchecked by the authorities and government, I mean. if as a parent, you let your kid use social media, you are asking for trouble. 

I am all for less gubment, but this seems like something the world can do without. Shut down twitter and all social media today, what would happen? 200 million people might go outside and go for a walk?

Just now, edjr said:

Unchecked by the authorities and government, I mean. if as a parent, you let your kid use social media, you are asking for trouble. 

I am all for less gubment, but this seems like something the world can do without. Shut down twitter and all social media today, what would happen? 200 million people might go outside and go for a walk?

I see your point, but like you I don't want the govt to restrict free speech.  I would rather the govt hold these corps responsible for their sh!tty business practices.  There is no good answer.

But yes, get off facebook, go for a walk, talk to someone, have an open mind, don't be a d!ck, etc.

1 hour ago, listen2me 23 said:

Hard to say no one.  But I am one of the younger ones here and there was no one who cared to label their sexuality like they do today because society has now made it trendy.  No one talked about pronouns, because it wasnt a thing.  Sure there were "different" kids.  

Oh you are asexual you claim? Who the F cares?  Don't have a boyfriend or girlfriend if you are not attracted to anyone.  Seems simple.  

What is with all the labels these days?  Everyone needs a flag.  Everyone needs a pat on the back.  Everyone needs a week.  Yes I just googled sure enough there is an asexual week of celebration.  

Like I said before as a semi joke but got push back from guttervomit, is it that crazy that we start conceding things to people who want to be animals? 

Everyone is afraid of political correctness these days that they just go along with this silliness.   Because they are scared of being called (insert word) - phobe.  

"Asexual" bugs me because the lack of interest could be due to medical issues, like say a hormone imbalance.  In the old days we'd have checked it out, and if that is the case I believe there are effective therapies.  I'm not sure what happens these days -- if a kid says they are asexual and you suggest getting her hormones checked, do you get in trouble with the woke police for not respecting her gender identity?  :( 

18 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

I see your point, but like you I don't want the govt to restrict free speech.  I would rather the govt hold these corps responsible for their sh!tty business practices.  There is no good answer.

But yes, get off facebook, go for a walk, talk to someone, have an open mind, don't be a d!ck, etc.

I don't want to restrict free speech. I want to restrict losers from sitting in their parents basements and doing nothing all day but post on twitter  American is too fat.  Maybe after they log 10000 steps on a fitbit, they can go on twitter

Just now, edjr said:

I don't want to restrict free speech. I want to restrict losers from sitting in their parents basements.  American is too fat.  Maybe after they log 10000 steps on a fitbit, they can go on twitter

Maybe you should have to pass an IQ test.  The really dumb people aren't allowed on social media.  They can all go on dumb.com, where they can be programmed by smart people to not be dumb anymore.  If they graduate, then they are allowed on regular social media where they won't pollute anymore.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Maybe you should have to pass an IQ test.  The really dumb people aren't allowed on social media.  They can all go on dumb.com, where they can be programmed by smart people to not be dumb anymore.  If they graduate, then they are allowed on regular social media where they won't pollute anymore.

I have always said this about voting. If you can't answer some simple questions about the person you intend to vote for, you can't vote. 

5 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

What did we do to the youth? 

No one was like this 15 years ago when I graduated.   

We have failed the youth it seems.  

This country has failed its youth since the 80s

2 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

5 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Just about the time men stopped being men and fathers started being friends. Instead of being fathers. 

3 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Somewhere along the line it became considered cruel to parent properly. Instead of raising the kids we allowed them to be more independent and act out without repercussion. 

Independence is fine when you are ready for it, but most kids are not ready until their late teens; and some take even longer.  We have to stop placating these silly woke extremes.

We also have to reintroduce discipline to our youth and stop lowering expectations for academic and behavioral factors under some misplaced notion of avoiding racism. 

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Just about the time men stopped being men and fathers started being friends. Instead of being fathers. 

I don’t know if it’s so much as mr. macho guy trying to convince everyone on the internet he’s really tough :bandana:

But there’s definitely elements of permissiveness and too much sheltering, then we’ve also totally failed to invest in higher public education and things like that as well.

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

How did men stop being men?

1 minute ago, IGotWorms said:

I don’t know if it’s so much as mr. macho guy trying to convince everyone on the internet he’s really tough :bandana:

But there’s definitely elements of permissiveness and too much sheltering, then we’ve also totally failed to invest in higher public education and things like that as well.

We failed to invest in higher education? Huh? There are more college graduates than ever. Colleges are flush. Look, another new building is going up! 

2 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

How did men stop being men?

By not calling out bullshit. Being passive. They let the education industrial complex run wild. Made excuses for their kids. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

We failed to invest in higher education? Huh? There are more college graduates than ever. Colleges are flush. Look, another new building is going up! 

Student loan debt. People coming out with 100k or more at 7% interest rates. That’s what’s fueling the whole thing, because assh0le mom and dad didn’t want to pay taxes to the state

My son graduated from HS 8 years ago.  In a class of 500, he said that there was about 10 kids who were either gay or lesbian (2%?).  No one to his knowledge was any of the other letters.  My nephew is currently in 8th grade.  His middle school of 700 has a "Pride Club" that has 60+ members (8.5%?)who identify as either L, G, B, or T.  He said there are 11 trans kids (or 11 claiming to be trans kids), in his school.  Remember, that's just kids in the club, not in the school (for my nephew's school).

5 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

My son graduated from HS 8 years ago.  In a class of 500, he said that there was about 10 kids who were either gay or lesbian.  No one to his knowledge was any of the other letters.  My nephew is currently in 8th grade.  His middle school of 700 has a "Pride Club" that has 60+ members who identify as either L, G, B, or T.  He said there are 11 trans kids (or 11 claiming to be trans kids), in his school.

My kids tell me similar numbers.  

Everyone tells my wife and I how polite our children are. Guess what? They don’t have a choice. 

19 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Everyone tells my wife and I how polite our children are. Guess what? They don’t have a choice. 

Why don't they have a choice?

20 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Everyone always tells me how polite my son is. It's not because of fear

56 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Student loan debt. People coming out with 100k or more at 7% interest rates. That’s what’s fueling the whole thing, because assh0le mom and dad didn’t want to pay taxes to the state

I don't get it; are you saying that there are states where the state schools charge $25K tuition per year in state?  I just looked and the answer is no, for undergrad anyway.  Average is $9K+, and skimming through this list, it seems the highest averages are from blue states which love their taxes:

https://www.thinkimpact.com/average-college-tuition/

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Every story about serial killers talks about their relationship with their parents.  Need to be careful.

6 minutes ago, edjr said:

Yeah there are good ways to parent other than being a focking assh0le.

Fortunately HT is obviously full of sh1t with the tough guy act :bandana: 

12 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Yeah HT is just a lying sack of human excrement. Also- no way he has kids. And no way, if he actually tricked some woman into spawning with him, those kids grow up to like him in any way. 

24 minutes ago, edjr said:

What if he isn’t? 

25 minutes ago, edjr said:

Same here

17 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

So you’re mad that I enforce politeness in my kids? You guys are funny. Your hatred blinds you to everything. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

So you’re mad that I enforce politeness in my kids? You guys are funny. Your hatred blinds you to everything. 

How do you enforce politeness?

28 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Because if they aren’t , I correct them. If they continue I punish them. Is that an issue? 

Just now, GutterBoy said:

How do you enforce politeness?

Correct them. Send them to their room. Take away things. What do you think I meant?