Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Bill Maher: Along for the pride - FINALLY - Worth it's own thread

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Because if they aren’t , I correct them. If they continue I punish them. Is that an issue? 

They still have a choice though, as long as they are OK being corrected or punished.

3 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Same here

So your kids are naturally polite. Good for you. I am saddled with kids that need to be taught. It’s working out great. 

1 minute ago, GutterBoy said:

They still have a choice though, as long as they are OK being corrected or punished.

Huh? If they’re ok with it I can punish them? Oh boy. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

So your kids are naturally polite. Good for you. I am saddled with kids that need to be taught. It’s working out great. 

Kids typically model their behavior after their parents.  My kids are all generally polite and well behaved, although it took gentle reminders along the way.

I’ll give you an example. Saturday we went to lake George. It was hot as Fock amd my pool isn’t open. When we went to the pool, I headed up to the hotel to get some drinks.  Before I walked away my wife told my son to keep it down. As I got to the hotel I heard him yelling again. I turned around and told him if he does that one more time we are going to go sit in the room for an hour.  He didn’t do it again. I’m such an ogre. 

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I’ll give you an example. Saturday we went to lake George. It was hot as Fock amd my pool isn’t open. When we went to the pool, I headed up to the hotel to get some drinks.  Before I walked away my wife told my son to keep it down. As I got to the hotel I heard him yelling again. I turned around and told him if he does that one more time we are going to go sit in the room for an hour.  He didn’t do it again. I’m such an ogre. 

I'm guessing you would have not sat in the hotel room for an hour even if he didn't shut his mouth.

44 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Every story about serial killers talks about their relationship with their parents.  Need to be careful.

Yo, go check in at the mocking station, need you for the annual June mock

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

I'm guessing you would have not sat in the hotel room for an hour even if he didn't shut his mouth.

You don’t know me very well. Might have been more. My philosophy is it’s easier to come down than it is to go up. You do you. I’ll do me. 

8 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

And that’s a real nice way to talk about a little kid.  And he didn’t have to shut  his mouth. He had to keep it down. Is that what you tell your kids? To shut their mouth? I bet you don’t say that to other kids. 

I remember back in my day when I was in HS we just called feminine men sissies and that was the end of it. Now we pretend they're women, LOL.

37 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Yeah HT is just a lying sack of human excrement. Also- no way he has kids. And no way, if he actually tricked some woman into spawning with him, those kids grow up to like him in any way. 

Triggered! Lol. 

25 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Kids typically model their behavior after their parents.  My kids are all generally polite and well behaved, although it took gentle reminders along the way.

And this is why gays shouldn't be allowed to adopt.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

And that’s a real nice way to talk about a little kid.  And he didn’t have to shut  his mouth. He had to keep it down. Is that what you tell your kids? To shut their mouth? I bet you don’t say that to other kids. 

How old is the kid?  Are they ever allowed to have fun or must they always be quiet?

12 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

And this is why gays shouldn't be allowed to adopt.

Being gay is not learned behavior, dummy.

Just now, GutterBoy said:

Okay, I'll take your word for it.  You are the boards homosexual expert after all.

• Haha 1

How old is the kid?  Are they ever allowed to have fun or must they always be quiet?

You are wasting your time.

He doesn't have kids. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sean Mooney said:

You are wasting your time.

He doesn't have kids. 

No parent would ever say "stop yelling or we sit in the hotel room for an hour"  The chance of success is small.  If the kid doesn't stop, then you're stuck in a hotel for an hour.  Or you just gave an empty threat, which is worse.  Every parent knows this, which means, he's not a parent.

4 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Really? So all those guys who go to prison and start banging each other on the ass were actually gay to begin with? 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Really? So all those guys who go to prison and start banging each other on the ass were actually gay to begin with? 

Any port in a storm.

Did you see the show OZ on HBO? Vern Schillinger was not gay

No parent would ever say "stop yelling or we sit in the hotel room for an hour"  The chance of success is small.  If the kid doesn't stop, then you're stuck in a hotel for an hour.  Or you just gave an empty threat, which is worse.  Every parent knows this, which means, he's not a parent.

Oh, he would have been in that room. My wife and I would have split it up. It wouldn’t be the first time. 

8 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Probably yeah.

7 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

It wouldn’t be the first time. 

You're doing a great job.

7 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Exactly. You never over threaten what you are actually going to do. My BIL dated this woman and her son they always tried to punish him by saying "You'll be in bed if you don't knock it off." It would be like 6 pm. You aren't going to put the kid to bed at 6 so it is empty.

My wife and I- with our daughters- it is always about "You need to do this and here is why." Because when a kid hits a certain age- fear no longer works. So a child needs to know why we need to do the good/right thing.

Likewise- any time our daughters are punished, the punishment hits and then before it is over it is "Do you understand why you were in trouble?" and they have to tell us why. 

1 minute ago, Sean Mooney said:

Exactly. You never over threaten what you are actually going to do. My BIL dated this woman and her son they always tried to punish him by saying "You'll be in bed if you don't knock it off." It would be like 6 pm. You aren't going to put the kid to bed at 6 so it is empty.

My wife and I- with our daughters- it is always about "You need to do this and here is why." Because when a kid hits a certain age- fear no longer works. So a child needs to know why we need to do the good/right thing.

Likewise- any time our daughters are punished, the punishment hits and then before it is over it is "Do you understand why you were in trouble?" and they have to tell us why. 

Exactly.  Depending on the age of the kid, you want to explain to the kid why he shouldn't just be randomly yelling.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Aren't empty threats what parenting is all about?  lol  What HT said sounds like pretty standard parenting to me.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GutterBoy said:

I told him to keep it down. Are you retarded? 

1 hour ago, GutterBoy said:

Probably yeah.

You can't be this dumb.  Do you honestly think all homosexual behavior is genetic?  :unsure: 

3 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

You can't be this dumb.  Do you honestly think all homosexual behavior is genetic?  :unsure: 

like 85% of hazing. 

8 minutes ago, edjr said:

like 85% of hazing. 

Was that your experience?

22 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Did I say that?

I don't think it's black or white.  A straight dude goes to jail, starts banging dudes, does that make him gay?  Would he have banged dudes if chicks were around?  I don't know.

If I went to jail, I don't think I'd want to bang a dude.  I say that now, but I've never been in a prison shower before so who knows.

I'm just saying, you're not taught to be attracted to chicks or dudes, you just are, born that way.  You can't pray the gay away.  You also can't inject the gay.

But there might be some guys in prison, staunch heteros, who just need to get their d!ck sucked I guess.

2 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Did I say that?

I don't think it's black or white.  A straight dude goes to jail, starts banging dudes, does that make him gay?  Would he have banged dudes if chicks were around?  I don't know.

If I went to jail, I don't think I'd want to bang a dude.  I say that now, but I've never been in a prison shower before so who knows.

I'm just saying, you're not taught to be attracted to chicks or dudes, you just are, born that way.  You can't pray the gay away.  You also can't inject the gay. 

But there might be some guys in prison, staunch heteros, who just need to get their d!ck sucked I guess.

You might change your tune after your prison shower experience. 

2 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Did I say that?

YOU wouldn't have a choice, you would be the belle of the ball.

Just now, Mike Honcho said:

YOU wouldn't have a choice, you would be the belle of the ball.

Nah, first day there, I go apesh!t on the biggest dude on the block.  Then I tell everyone I have AIDS, uncontrollable biting jaw and spastic colon that results in violent shiquid spray.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Nah, first day there, I go apesh!t on the biggest dude on the block.  Then I tell everyone I have AIDS, uncontrollable biting jaw and spastic colon that results in violent shiquid spray.

That could backfire as you might just attract a fellow AIDS positive spastic colon partner that insists that he suck yer cack. :wub:

4 minutes ago, DonS said:

That could backfire as you might just attract a fellow AIDS positive spastic colon partner that insists that he suck yer cack. :wub:

Glad I posted this.  Thanks for the tip.

Just now, GutterBoy said:

Glad I posted this.  Thanks for the tip.

That's what the GC is for!  The more you know. 🌈

Does it make you gay if you see a guy from behind and think it’s a gal and admire their shape? :unsure:

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Does it make you gay if you see a guy from behind and think it’s a gal and admire their shape? :unsure:

LOL.  Reminds me of maybe 15 years ago.  I used to have an office right by a bike path along the ship canal in Seattle.  Beautiful sunny spring day. On the way back from lunch I see a "chick" with a long ponytail and yoga pants rollerblading ahead of me in the distance.  Awesome!  I get closer and then I realize it's a dude. :mad: