Sign in to follow this  
Super Cubs

Etienne in 2022

Any thought on Travis Etienne going into 2022 season?  Is he healthy?  How long does it take to recover from a Linsfranc injury? Is he some one you would take a chance on? What tier do you have him ranked?

He's one person I have not heard a lot about since his injury and don't really have a clue about him in 2022.

Can’t rank him until I know his injury update.  

Boy I’d put him pretty far down there but he could end up being a decent little steal late — especially in ppr 

I'm not speaking to his specific chances at this point but a Lis Franc injury is a very bad injury for RB's.    its career threatening.

further to this, the severity does affect the chances of making a full recovery.

if it is to a point where they need to perform surgery, his odds of being an impact player are far less than 50%

if his recovery is done with rest and rehab his odds seem to be better.

but a sizeable number of tendons and bones intersect at the lis franc area and quite often doing something to one will often affect the others so rehab and recovery can be very complicated as a lot of the individual pieces affect other parts.

it is possible (and likely) that he will never be as good as he was before the injury.   (sorry)

I hope he can defy the odds.  I feel he would be a fun player to watch if he does return to 100% but the injury is a scary one.   do your own research on it.  I did, and the more I read about it the more scary the injury seemed to me.  I'd take a torn ACL any day compared to this injury (If I had to make a choice)

He was one of those players I watched in college and knew I'd be drafting him as a pro.  He was exciting to watch.

If he's back, he should have at least RB2 value; we'll know more as the preseason progresses.

4 hours ago, weepaws said:

Can’t rank him until I know his injury update.  

2 hours ago, Ray_T said:

I'm not speaking to his specific chances at this point but a Lis Franc injury is a very bad injury for RB's.    its career threatening.

further to this, the severity does affect the chances of making a full recovery.

if it is to a point where they need to perform surgery, his odds of being an impact player are far less than 50%

if his recovery is done with rest and rehab his odds seem to be better.

but a sizeable number of tendons and bones intersect at the lis franc area and quite often doing something to one will often affect the others so rehab and recovery can be very complicated as a lot of the individual pieces affect other parts.

it is possible (and likely) that he will never be as good as he was before the injury.   (sorry)

I hope he can defy the odds.  I feel he would be a fun player to watch if he does return to 100% but the injury is a scary one.   do your own research on it.  I did, and the more I read about it the more scary the injury seemed to me.  I'd take a torn ACL any day compared to this injury (If I had to make a choice)

What I’m thinking.  I need to read about how he is progressing from that horrible injury. 

No way to really know right now, I think any update is just cheap coach talk.  

• Like 1

While the injury can be devastating to rbs he's had nearly a year at rehabbing  and I'm kinda with AxeElf on him that he should put up RB2 numbers. Robinson's dealing with injury issue as well. If they monitor his workload I think he'll be OK. He's got youth on his side so hopefully that helps with his rehab and gets him ready for the season. Because of the injury I think he'll get a good number.of receiving targets.to kinda ease the punishment rbs take with a lot of cutting and pressure on the foot.

I would agree, if he’s back he could be a rb2.  

Seems like more targets would mean more open space, which would lead towards even more cutting and more pressure on his foot.