Sign in to follow this  
polecatt

Juju

What are predictions on how he is gonna fare in KC?

He's sitting on waivers in my dynasty league. I'm not too excited about any of the rookies this season when I see the top RB and WR listed here are both on the Jets.

I was seriously thinking of taking Juju with my top pick, which should be about 4th or 5th overall.

I can't forget the huge season Juju put up in 2018, when everything was good for him and Big Ben. I can potentially see that again with Mahomes...

34 minutes ago, polecatt said:

He's sitting on waivers in my dynasty league. I'm not too excited about any of the rookies this season when I see the top RB and WR listed here are both on the Jets.

I was seriously thinking of taking Juju with my top pick, which should be about 4th or 5th overall.

I can't forget the huge season Juju put up in 2018, when everything was good for him and Big Ben. I can potentially see that again with Mahomes...

I think he'll be a high end WR2 until he gets hurt... so for 4 weeks.  Then, he'll miss 3 and be at 50% for about 5 weeks where he'll produce like a WR4 and piss off everyone who started him.  Then, after those 5 weeks, everyone will have benched him and on that 6th week, he'll blow up and piss off those same people because he was on their bench.  Over the last 3 weeks, he'll have a bad week (which will knock all of his owners out of the playoffs), followed by a really good week then a really great weak, pissing off his owners even more because they're out of the playoffs.  At the conclusion of the season, he'll end up as a low end WR2/high end WR3 and the people who didn't have him will say how impressed they were with his numbers while the people who did have him will say he sucked.  On fantasy message boards, people will argue these two sides for 3 months.

29 minutes ago, polecatt said:

I think hes gonna be a solid possession WR in the long term.    

Hes listed as the #1 WR right now, but I dont see him there long term.  eventually someone they draft will overtake him or they will trade for someone.

is probably a good WR2.   he can be a WR1 but I would say hes not ideally suited to the role.

the only one currently on the roster who likely is to overtake him is Skyy Moore and hes a rookie.   so if he becomes a player hes likely a year away from that. (maybe two)

so I think Juju is likelky over 1000 yards this year due to volume.   I dont know if he continues to get 1000 yards if Skyy develops into a #1 WR.

I was hoping no one would talk about him, in my two redraft I was hoping to pick him up as a wr3 , but wr2 is more realistic   

I think if his head is in the game , and he’s healthy, I think he can have a high wr2 season, if I was the op I’m taking him quickly.  

I'd probably go something like

1. Breece Hall
  2. Drake London
  3. Kenneth Walker
  4. Juju
  5. Skyy Moore

A lot of people would have Treylon Burks up there, but something about him makes me shy away.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, nobody said:

I'd probably go something like

1. Breece Hall
  2. Drake London
  3. Kenneth Walker
  4. Juju
  5. Skyy Moore

A lot of people would have Treylon Burks up there, but something about him makes me shy away.

as a rookie RB I like Halls chances of making an immediate impact for New York.

Whether he makes an immediate fantasy impact may be another thing.  The bar is a little higher there.   but if you had a weak team hes probably a draft and stash in a dynasty format.

the team itself still isnt great, but they drafted a number of what I consider to be potential high impact players.    It may take a year or so for them to put it all together.  but I suspect Hall will be a real nice player to own in about a year or two.

if you draft him and he produces right away I'd consider it a bonus.

the reason I'm not predicting a huge year 1 is because the RB stats generally mirror what the team is doing as a whole.  if they are losing, his stats will be subpar.

case in point: Mixon.

mediocre up until this year when the team performed.  once the team started to perform, Mixons stats got a whole lot better.   Most notably in the TD part of his stat sheet.

I like London, but not over JuJu this season, not with Mariota at Qb.  

Walker moving up the list, Penny is already nursing a hammy.  

6 hours ago, weepaws said:

I like London, but not over JuJu this season, not with Mariota at Qb.  

Walker moving up the list, Penny is already nursing a hammy.  

I'm not sure anybody is good with Mariota at QB.

In Tennessee all the WR's that were crappy under Mariota were suddenly good under Tannehill.   Coincidence?  I think not.

I like Mariota, and I'll cheer for him,  but sadly, I dont think he can play.

One thing Mariota did well was feed Delanie Walker for a few years in Tennessee; he could be good for Kyle Pitts.  Pitts could even have a stronger 2nd year than he did as a rookie, given their relative lack of weapons and Mariota's skill(?)set.

Let’s hope so , based on 1/2 point ppr avg per game , Pitts didn’t even finish as a te 1.  

I think it’s going to be tough for Pitts to top 1000 yards again, but he should double up on tds scored.  

well a QB's ability to remain the starter often depends on making that connection with the #1 and #2 options in the pass game.   if you dont have a good connection with the #3 WR thats a forgiveable offense.  but if your #1 option in the pass game isnt producing, thats usually the kind of offense that lands you on the bench.