edjr

Brittney Grinder traded for an arms dealer. Some would say an even trade **UPDATE**

27 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Not what I'm saying.  I'm sure you know there's a lot more that goes into negotiations, no need exaggerate.

Oh there is more than that.  But it was a real question....

So anytime an American gets detained, to what we believe is wrongful, we offer up a terrorist? Is that the precedent going forward?   

24 minutes ago, patweisers44 said:

Right. If it took giving back the "Lord of War" to get Griner, do we even have the trade capital to negotiate for a US citizen accused of being a spy?

22 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Exactly.  We most likely don't have the leverage to get him.

Well, if Brit rots over there we never gave in to anything.  Why can Russia be the only bully you pvssies.  

Just now, listen2me 23 said:

So anytime an American gets detained, to what we believe is wrongful, we offer up a terrorist? Is that the precedent going forward?   

Of course not.  You go through negotiations like always and try to agree on something.  The US has been offering Viktor Bout to the Russians for Whelan for a few years now but Russia wants more.  It looks like Bout has been the US's bargaining chip for a while now.  Bout has been detained for over 10 years now so maybe the US thought it was time to use him for leverage.

1 minute ago, Alias Detective said:

Well, if Brit rots over there we never gave in to anything.  Why can Russia be the only bully you pvssies.  

Not very American of you.

2 hours ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Anything on Marc Fogel?  The guy with medical cannabis?  61...bad health??  Anything?  Jesus I hate this country some times.

This.

He white or black?  Does it matter?

10 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Of course not.  You go through negotiations like always and try to agree on something.  The US has been offering Viktor Bout to the Russians for Whelan for a few years now but Russia wants more.  It looks like Bout has been the US's bargaining chip for a while now.  Bout has been detained for over 10 years now so maybe the US thought it was time to use him for leverage.

US has the worst front office in the world.   

Here is a fair deal what do you think Russia?

No.

Oh ok thats perfectly fine.  We we will give in and wildly overpay.  Thanks for negotiating with us!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

This was probably the best deal they could get at this time. I hope she comes back with a greater appreciation and respect for this country. 

I'm curious to know how many Russian detainees we still have. 

At least 2 who have been there longer than the political pawn Biden just released.

2 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

That does color my perception some, if correct.

Maybe not retired as a marine but a former marine.  It may be hard to retire when sitting in a prison.  

3 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

Why?  He paid for his crime.  There is one big difference between Whelan and Griner when it comes to their arrests in Russia - Whelan didn't do anything wrong; Griner admits she broke their laws. 

28 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

A high profile leftist American...  If you or me got detained, we would be rotting inside the cell...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Strike said:

Why?  He paid for his crime.  There is one big difference between Whelan and Griner when it comes to their arrests in Russia - Whelan didn't do anything wrong; Griner admits she broke their laws. 

Just personal bias.  I feel we owe a greater debt and obligation to those who served and were discharged from our miltary than maybe we do to other citizens.  I know there is no constitutional or legal authority for my bias, but there it is, I have it just the same.  I do not advocate that others adopt my view, I merely shared it.

Who knows, maybe my sharing warmed the cockles of some honorably discharged and retired Marine somewhere.

29 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

It's correct.  He was an administrative clerk in Iraq and tried to steal $10,000.

As for his arrest in Russia, he apparently had a flash drive in his pocket that he said a Russian friend gave him.  He said it was a sting operation. 

6 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

It's correct.  He was an administrative clerk in Iraq and tried to steal $10,000.

As for his arrest in Russia, he apparently had a flash drive in his pocket that he said a Russian friend gave him.  He said it was a sting operation. 

Interesting.  Thanks for the info.

Just now, Strike said:

So she says, but it wouldn't surprise me if her attorney had told her to admit it to help her cause, seeing as she was going to be convicted and sentenced anyway. 

Claiming innocence and saying it was planted would not have helped her cause, but who knows?

4 hours ago, Cruzer said:

Disgusting, this makes me sick. Her ass better stand tall and at attention when our anthem is played now. 

his too

I'm pretty sure that's a dude

• Haha 1

Her sentence was wrong and inhumane. But we got our clocks cleaned on this one. This makes Nolan Ryan for Jim Fregosi look fair. 

2 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Here's some background on Whelan.

I was wondering if anyone in here would mention this. I only checked out wiki, but whats in there doesn't make him look too good either. He went to Russia to go to a wedding of a marine friend, show their family around as they hadn't been to Russia before, bailed on the wedding day to meet a friend, to the surprise of the groom and all, got arrested with the flash drive and 80k cash. Seems odd. I did see somewhere that Russia would like to swap Whelan for Maria Butina. Spy for spy. 

2 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

They have to be a non-white athlete or celebrity.  

20 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

I was wondering if anyone in here would mention this. I only checked out wiki, but whats in there doesn't make him look too good either. He went to Russia to go to a wedding of a marine friend, show their family around as they hadn't been to Russia before, bailed on the wedding day to meet a friend, to the surprise of the groom and all, got arrested with the flash drive and 80k cash. Seems odd. I did see somewhere that Russia would like to swap Whelan for Maria Butina. Spy for spy. 

I think she's been out of prison for a while

https://apnews.com/article/politics-europe-florida-donald-trump-tallahassee-3c06f3e8b5a647edb7a00b1375aa925f

I'm curious to know what Russian detainees we do have.

It’s hard to believe this admin is patting itself on the back for this and receiving accolades. This guy is going back to work, bank on it. 

3 hours ago, Strike said:

How do you know he didn't do anything wrong?

1 hour ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Funny how Griner - Who is in the Hate America First crowd - got released to the #1 most oppressive country in the world according to her and her supporters.

When did she say she hated America?

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

When did she say she hated America?

So low level and basic. 

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

I'm assuming you have an answer then?

She has to actually say hate? Other words and actions aren’t good enough? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I'm assuming you have an answer then?

She can't love America if her views and actions don't exactly align with the MAGAtard mindset.

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

That doesn't prove she hates America.  The ignorance and bias is extremely strong in you.

Just now, Pimpadeaux said:

She can't love America if her views and actions don't exactly align with the MAGAtard mindset.

Exactly.  Some of the most stubborn and biased people I've ever seen.

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yes, she has to say her own words and not the ones you put into her mouth.

You can put me down in the camp that does not necessarily find voiced dissent to policy and practice to be unamerican.  In fact few things are more American.  Whether Ms. Griner appreciates her country is a matter over which I have doubt, but that is her right, as an American.  I too am often, if not incessantly, critical of my government, if not my country.

16 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

You can put me down in the camp that does not necessarily find voiced dissent to policy and practice to be unamerican.  In fact few things are more American.  Whether Ms. Griner appreciates her country is a matter over which I have doubt, but that is her right, as an American.  I too am often, if not incessantly, critical of my government, if not my country.

She was interviewed before about her thoughts on the National Anthem during sports and she said it should be part of sports.  She said that she doesn't feel it represents blacks.  She also said that her father fought in Vietnam and was a cop and she wanted to be a cop at one point.  She said she has pride for her country.

I don't know why so many people treat the Anthem as the "end-all, be-all" of loving America.

Worst trade deal in the history of trade deals.

Mass murderer does not equal pothead.  I dont care about color, the anthem and all that.