Sign in to follow this  
MTSkiBum

Dynasty valuation thread

We can see if this catches on, if anyone else is trading now.

1.09 or amari cooper in 14 team with 36 roster spots.

Another option is Josh Jacobs for 1.09

13 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

I'd hang on to the picks for now.  This draft was supposedly deep at WR this year, but the "star" potential seems limited and suspect, from what I've read about these guys.  They may be "good", but I don't think there are any studs.  The QB and RB pool likes extremely shallow, so I don't know how much value the 9th pick has.  I don't think much about either Cooper or Jacobs for much down the line.  Jacobs should be an RB2 this year so I'd lean more towards Jacobs than 1.09 or Cooper.  That said, I'd still hold and see what happens as the draft nears.  I think in the end, I'd prefer to trade out to next year.

But, for purposes of intent of this conversion, I'd rank them as such...

1. Josh Jacobs
  2. Pick 1.09
  3. Amari Cooper

57 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I'd hang on to the picks for now.  This draft was supposedly deep at WR this year, but the "star" potential seems limited and suspect, from what I've read about these guys.  They may be "good", but I don't think there are any studs.  The QB and RB pool likes extremely shallow, so I don't know how much value the 9th pick has.  I don't think much about either Cooper or Jacobs for much down the line.  Jacobs should be an RB2 this year so I'd lean more towards Jacobs than 1.09 or Cooper.  That said, I'd still hold and see what happens as the draft nears.  I think in the end, I'd prefer to trade out to next year.

1. Josh Jacobs
  2. Pick 1.09
  3. Amari Cooper

I have the players and was offered 1.09 for either of those guys. I am defending champ two years running in this dynasty but my team is on the verge of falling apart. I am going to sell all assets not named justin jefferson.

What about Darren Waller, is he a mid to late first as well in your opinion?

2 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

1. Josh Jacobs
  2. Pick 1.09
  3. Amari Cooper

I'm starting to sour on Cooper.  His best days may be behind him.

you only make that deal of 1.09 for him if you think thats the piece that puts you over the top.    but I dont think hes that type of player anymore.

48 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

I have the players and was offered 1.09 for either of those guys. I am defending champ two years running in this dynasty but my team is on the verge of falling apart. I am going to sell all assets not named justin jefferson.

What about Darren Waller, is he a mid to late first as well in your opinion?

If you want to rebuild, then I'd take the pick and trade down when it's you're turn because you don't know who'll fall.  When I look at the players in the pool, it looks like 5 or 6 guys have the best shot to be stars and about 20 guys who are the same.  I'd wait to see where the guys I like go.  If they're gone, trade out for a pick next year.  My guess is that for 1.09, you should be able to get a #2 this year and #1 next year.  If you can get a #1 next year for your pick and a 2 or even 3 this year, I'd do that.  I think the guys you get in round 2 are the same potential as guys you'd get in late Round 1.  Of course, if there's a guy you like/want, then take him.

A 30 year old TE who missed a third of his games last year?  Maybe.  He doesn't have a ton of miles on his tires, despite the age, but still, I'd be leery.  I'd trade him if you can get a 1.  If not, see if you can get a pair of 2's (one this year and next).  Heck, if you can get a 1 next only for him, I'd do that... you might be able to get a 3 this year that you may be able to turn into a 2 next year.

I know that sounds a lot like, play for next year, but in a way, I would.  I think 2nd round picks are where it's at this year unless you're picking in the top 5.  I think mid-Rd 1 to the 2nd round are guys who are all separated by almost nothing.  Get a couple in round and another in round 3 and I think that's fine.  Maybe the extra picks next year could help you land a premium guy in that draft.

36 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

I'm starting to sour on Cooper.  His best days may be behind him.

you only make that deal of 1.09 for him if you think thats the piece that puts you over the top.    but I dont think hes that type of player anymore.

He has Cooper and would be getting 1.09 if the deal were to go through.  I think the 3 of us are all in agreement where 1.09 is the better option.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

He has Cooper and would be getting 1.09 if the deal were to go through.  I think the 3 of us are all in agreement where 1.09 is the better option.

oops I guess I misread that.

sorry.  

but yeah, if someone is giving you 1.09 for Amari Cooper you should seriously consider the offer.

the way I see it, he will benefit more from it in year 1.  but after that I suspect you win the trade in terms of future value provided you hit on the pick.

for the most part its present value traded away for future value.   the presence of Watson may extend coopers shelf life for a year or so but his trajectory as a producing player seems to be headed downward.

I would rank the pick first, then Cooper, then Jacobs.

It's dynasty, Jacobs is okay isn't anything special, has 3 years wear and tear on the tread. Don't target players like him in dynasty.

Cooper isn't great, but he's a steady WR, and should be a starter of flex.

The pick, well dynasty is about youth, so it has that going for it

45 minutes ago, polecatt said:

It's dynasty, Jacobs is okay isn't anything special, has 3 years wear and tear on the tread. Don't target players like him in dynasty.

jacobs is good if you are RB needy and dont have a top tier player.   if competing for a title, you want the player.

That said the Raiders likely will have a more potent offense, so his TD numbers should improve in a big way.  yardage should get a bit better too.   look at what mixon did from last couple years to this year when the team became more competitive.   yardage up a bit, but TD's up in a big way.   for me the key is TD's.  I think Jacobs will score more of them than last year.   yardage will be up to, but not to the same degree he doesnt have the same pass catching skill that Mixon has.  so his bump will be mostly on the rush yardage.

but hes likely going to be more reliable than cooper is.  

whether hes worth  more than the first really depends on your team.  if you are RB needy Jacobs may be better to have.    If you are good at RB, then the draft pick likely rules the day.

2 hours ago, polecatt said:

OP has both players.  He was offered the pick for either one.  He says he's looking to start a rebuild and trade off some assets.  That tells me he's moving these guys soon... either this year or next.  There's no future on his roster for either of these two.  Jacobs is probably a reasonable RB2 this year and Cooper is a dime a dozen WR at this point.  Jacobs is a better value for the 1 season, so it's best to move Cooper for pick 1.09.

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

OP has both players.  He was offered the pick for either one.  He says he's looking to start a rebuild and trade off some assets.  That tells me he's moving these guys soon... either this year or next.  There's no future on his roster for either of these two.  Jacobs is probably a reasonable RB2 this year and Cooper is a dime a dozen WR at this point.  Jacobs is a better value for the 1 season, so it's best to move Cooper for pick 1.09.

if the choice is to trade cooper or Jacobs, then cooper is the guy to trade.  I think we agree on that too.

15 hours ago, Ray_T said:

if the choice is to trade cooper or Jacobs, then cooper is the guy to trade.  I think we agree on that too.

I disagree, if he's trying to rebuild, then he's likely to get better return on Jacobs because he's a RB.

Amari Cooper is gonna be a mediocre WR, with some value for the next 2-3 seasons or so, with little value alone, but not a bad piece to add on in a trade.

Jacobs, if you ride the year out with him, is much more likely to lose his value after one season than it is to go up. Trade him now while his value is higher.

On 5/28/2022 at 7:58 AM, polecatt said:

I disagree, if he's trying to rebuild, then he's likely to get better return on Jacobs because he's a RB.

Amari Cooper is gonna be a mediocre WR, with some value for the next 2-3 seasons or so, with little value alone, but not a bad piece to add on in a trade.

Jacobs, if you ride the year out with him, is much more likely to lose his value after one season than it is to go up. Trade him now while his value is higher.

ok maybe I misread.  i thought the deal was cooper or jacobs for a first.

in that scenario I trade cooper as jacobs likely has more value.

did I miss something here?

further clarification.

with all the high end rookies coming in, it is a case where cooper will be more easy to replace than Jacobs.

RB's are always harder to replace in fantasy.  So unless the guy has another RB who can start I"m not sure Jacobs is the move.

I also think the Raiders offense will be a lot more potent.  Jacobs will get more TD's and more yards than last year.   

the time to sell is likely this time next year for him if you dont believe in him long term

On 5/26/2022 at 6:31 PM, MTSkiBum said:

14 teams with 36 roster spots? That's 504 players. Are you drafting o-line and punters too?  Because once we hit 200 out of the 240 we draft there are a lot of who is that and who does he play for?  

to your original question Jacobs, 1.09, Cooper, but I am curious of the Watson Cooper combo might be able to do.

23 hours ago, Ray_T said:

ok maybe I misread.  i thought the deal was cooper or jacobs for a first.

in that scenario I trade cooper as jacobs likely has more value.

did I miss something here?

Yeah, my bad, I was talking more about their general trade value, should have been clear on that.

If he's looking into trading Jacobs, it's kind of a gamble to wait, but it could pay off.

I think this is a make or break season for his value. I think he's in a contract season, so if he has a big season, his value can potentially go up quite a bit going into next season, which would be the ideal time to trade him. I don't think that's what will happen with him though. In terms of his effectiveness, his rookie season was his best, and last season he dropped off a bit. This season, he could see more competition. I just don't see him having a big season. So now is the time to try and trade him.

Amari Cooper though, I think will go in the other direction. He's gonna be the guy in Cleveland. That's 50/50 with Deshaun Watson. Even with Baker, he's at his best when he's new on a team. He settles in, gets comfortable and tanks after 2-3 seasons. That's what he did with both Oakland and Dallas. When got traded last time in the middle of the season, if I'm not mistaken he was like a top 7 fantasy WR after that. Which was about his peak his entire career. He's going to Cleveland in a similar situation. I think he's likely for a pretty good season in Cleveland. That means if you keep him, you get to potentially reap the benefits of a kind of a potentially WR1 season and then have his trade value be a good bit higher going into next season. Best of both.

I'm not saying that's how it will all play out, I mean they both could get injured and miss most of the season, but that's how I'm looking at it as dynasty owner

• Like 1

9 hours ago, polecatt said:

Yeah, my bad, I was talking more about their general trade value, should have been clear on that.

If he's looking into trading Jacobs, it's kind of a gamble to wait, but it could pay off.

I think this is a make or break season for his value. I think he's in a contract season, so if he has a big season, his value can potentially go up quite a bit going into next season, which would be the ideal time to trade him. I don't think that's what will happen with him though. In terms of his effectiveness, his rookie season was his best, and last season he dropped off a bit. This season, he could see more competition. I just don't see him having a big season. So now is the time to try and trade him.

Amari Cooper though, I think will go in the other direction. He's gonna be the guy in Cleveland. That's 50/50 with Deshaun Watson. Even with Baker, he's at his best when he's new on a team. He settles in, gets comfortable and tanks after 2-3 seasons. That's what he did with both Oakland and Dallas. When got traded last time in the middle of the season, if I'm not mistaken he was like a top 7 fantasy WR after that. Which was about his peak his entire career. He's going to Cleveland in a similar situation. I think he's likely for a pretty good season in Cleveland. That means if you keep him, you get to potentially reap the benefits of a kind of a potentially WR1 season and then have his trade value be a good bit higher going into next season. Best of both.

I'm not saying that's how it will all play out, I mean they both could get injured and miss most of the season, but that's how I'm looking at it as dynasty owner

well, if Watson isnt suspended, Cooper could have a nice year.   ideally if you could hold and sell after that good year, that would work fine.

hes with a better QB but the more important thing with him is that hes not sharing throws with too many others.

with Jacobs, you said it yourself.  contract year.   I love players in contract years.   so if you are gonna take a risk and hold, Jacobs is the guy.  not to mention his offense will be better than last year.   I dont know if it will amount to more than 100 or 150 extra yards, but I expect his TD's will be up by a fair margin.   so once again, ideally you hold a year before selling.

it doesnt sound like the original poster wants to wait a year but If dumping I'd rather keep the guy in the contract year.

• Like 1

I ended up trading cooper for the 1.09 and I also traded Darren Waller and 2.14 for the 1.08.

Outside of Jefferson these two were some of my biggest studs over the last few years, but it is time to move on.

I have difficulty trading Jacobs, he does have an incredibly negative perception for a 24 year old RB that was extremely good running the ball last year. He had a 82.8 rushing grade last year from Pro Football Focus, which was 6th best in the league for RB's that had ~200 carries or more.

He is young, efficient, and has a new coaching staff. I will hold onto him and see if this is the year he fulfills his potential.

Think Jacobs was under used a lot early in the season last year.  Mostly due to the Raiders getting beat up.  

Look at his last four regular season games in which he really produced very good rushing stats.  The Raiders those last four games were a much better team.  New staff could help Jacobs a lot, and the addition of Adams.  

2 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

I ended up trading cooper for the 1.09 and I also traded Darren Waller and 2.14 for the 1.08.

Outside of Jefferson these two were some of my biggest studs over the last few years, but it is time to move on.

I have difficulty trading Jacobs, he does have an incredibly negative perception for a 24 year old RB that was extremely good running the ball last year. He had a 82.8 rushing grade last year from Pro Football Focus, which was 6th best in the league for RB's that had ~200 carries or more.

He is young, efficient, and has a new coaching staff. I will hold onto him and see if this is the year he fulfills his potential.

I think this is the right way to go.  I wouldn't have a problem holding on to Jacobs.  I think he's a perfectly acceptable RB2 who could be a high end RB2 and with the way RBs get hurt, maybe a low-end RB1.  I think with the Raiders not picking up Jacobs' 5th year option will actually work in your favor in the end.

14 Team dynasty

Traded away
Josh Jacobs
Kyler Murray
my 2024 1st - should be late

For
Jalen Hurts
Miles Sanders
Chubba Hubbard
Brandon Aiyuk