Sign in to follow this  
Ray_T

Marion Barber former Cowboys RB found dead

He was one of the most fun players to watch of all time.

Was a good fantasy star too a couple of years, the perfect goal line RB

RIP

ugh - i had not known about his mental health issues.  the comments from dez bryant seem to insinuate that he believes the mental health issues stem from his playing days, which makes sense - with his style of play he probably sustained numerous concussions.  smh.  RIP marion

well my favourite memory of him was a goal line run.  I dont remember who it was against, but It may have been Washington.  he literally ran over two guys and then dragged two others across the goal line with him.   Absolutely a sick power run that probably only he could have done at that point in time.

everytime I think of this guy that play comes to mind.   he may not have a 1000 yard season but he was without a doubt one of the best power runners I've ever seen.

The more this goes on, the more furious I become.

The league spent all kinds of money talking about how committed they were to player safety and reaching out to veterans and mental health issues and head injuries and blah blah blah blah blah. 

Maybe I'm just missing it. But have we heard a f****** word from the league or Jerry jones?

I guess not that it matters now. But where the f*** were they? It apparently wasn't a secret in the community that he was struggling. F****** .

9 hours ago, wiffleball said:

The more this goes on, the more furious I become.

The league spent all kinds of money talking about how committed they were to player safety and reaching out to veterans and mental health issues and head injuries and blah blah blah blah blah. 

Maybe I'm just missing it. But have we heard a f****** word from the league or Jerry jones?

I guess not that it matters now. But where the f*** were they? It apparently wasn't a secret in the community that he was struggling. F****** .

this is the world we live in.

at one point in time you could force someone to be institutionalized to force them to get the help they need.   get em on meds, get their life back together then they go out into the world with their meds and so long as they stay on them, they are (for the most part) ok.

but now you cant do that.   its considered a violation of the persons human rights.  so if a person is mentally ill. and does not want treatment (it happens a lot) then their life will spiral downward until they die or start living on the streets.

I dont know enough about this situation to comment on it, but it could be the case.  it could also be post concussion syndrome (or whatever they call it now) and if the team treats him they are taking ownership, claiming responsibility and potentially opening themselves up to being sued.

and the NFL does not want that.   there are literally dozens of players in this situation that went untreated because the NFL didnt want to admit it was an issue.   When it finally came out there was a giant lawsuit. (see the pattern)   so the era of helping others..... in many cases......thats done.

be mad if you want, but this is the world we live in.   other pro sports leagues do the same..   its not just the NFL.