Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

**Look-Alike Players 2022: D'Andre Swift vs. Javonte Williams**

Swift or Williams in a redraft?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you choose first in a redraft?

• D'Andre Swift
    • Javonte Williams

It's time for another summer of Look-Alike Player threads...if you're new to the Board, every few days during the summer, I will try to post a thread that lists two players who are very close in value in redraft situations. Simply vote for the player you feel should be drafted first and then add comments about your selection if you would like.

This is non-PPR for Look-Alike matchups that involve RBs, WRs, or TEs. Just standard point for every 10 yards and 6 for TDs.

The first Look-Alike Matchup for this summer is: D'Andre Swift vs. Javonte Williams. Two young running backs with roles that continue to grow. 

Who should be picked first?

With Gordon’s return, I’ll take Swift.  Last season non ppr Swift avg two more points per game over Williams. 

And I think the Lions will be better this season.  

Broncos OC said both Williams and Gordon will be on a pitch count.  

Williams is going to roll. New coaching staff and the Horses were trying to dump Gordon.  Wouldn’t be surprised if he finished number 2. 

I hope so for those that might over pay for Williams, based on his current adp he won’t be drafted by me, but I love the current adp of Gordon.  Remember the coach and the OC are coming over from the Packers , where they had a lot of success rotating Jones and Dillon. 

I would be ready for the same this season with Williams and Gordon.  

I'll take Williams regardless of the league format.  Two years in and Swift has missed at least 3 games in each season due to injury.  No, Williams didn't shoulder the bell cow load last year, but he did have 246 total touches (43 receptions), and that's more than what Swift had in each of his first two seasons... and still go hurt.  On top of that, Williams is on a better team who's likely going to be on the field more and be more efficient.

18 hours ago, joeshushu said:

Williams is going to roll. New coaching staff and the Horses were trying to dump Gordon.  Wouldn’t be surprised if he finished number 2. 

I'm higher on Williams than I am on Swift, but I wouldn't go that far.  I think his role increases but Gordon will still be involved enough where I think Williams falls in the 7 to 10 range.  To be fair, I think Swift falls in that range as well, but I feel more comfortable with Williams playing all 17 than I do Swift.

Swift avg 3 more points per game half ppr over Williams, that won’t change, Swift has missed 7 games in two seasons, it happens , I’ll easily take Swift over Williams, now of Gordon wasn’t on the Broncos , I would take Williams over Swift.  

45 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I'm higher on Williams than I am on Swift, but I wouldn't go that far.  I think his role increases but Gordon will still be involved enough where I think Williams falls in the 7 to 10 range.  To be fair, I think Swift falls in that range as well, but I feel more comfortable with Williams playing all 17 than I do Swift.

The touches last year were split right down the middle.

My expectation is that Williams share will bump up to around 55%.   could go as high as 60% but I'd bet on 55%.

yes better team so bigger pie.   more touches, but most importantly more TD.

If healthy I do like Swifts upside more, but you make a compelling case for Williams.