Mike FF Today

** Round One-Three Commentary **

Awesome. I can not remember ever having the #1 pick in any draft, let alone a June Mock!

I can make my pick anytime Mike/Fumble as I certainly know who I’ll take in a non-PPR draft. I am not gonna get cute. Do you mind if I start it today? Or, would you prefer I wait until tomorrow?

Greetings everyone. I am humbled to being included with such knowledge professionals in this mock.

57 minutes ago, robb said:

Awesome. I can not remember ever having the #1 pick in any draft, let alone a June Mock!

I can make my pick anytime Mike/Fumble as I certainly know who I’ll take in a non-PPR draft. I am not gonna get cute. Do you mind if I start it today? Or, would you prefer I wait until tomorrow?

Greetings everyone. I am humbled to being included with such knowledge professionals in this mock.

Any time is fine. Just no expectations for anyone until tomorrow 

If not getting #1, I would have much preferred to pick a bit later in round 1. Oh well. 

Just getting back into the FF groove, and I just don't really see a lot of value at the top of the draft this year. This might be a year to trade out of the first round altogether and load up on second/third round picks.

Ekeler has more value in PPR, but he's got a good role in a talented offense, and he hasn't been worn down by a shiiteload of touches.

19 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

If not getting #1, I would have much preferred to pick a bit later in round 1. Oh well. 

Wait until after Round 3 and see what you think. I think what you’ll find at the 2/3 turn will make you glad that you’re at 1.02. 

1 hour ago, Fumbleweed said:

Wait until after Round 3 and see what you think. I think what you’ll find at the 2/3 turn will make you glad that you’re at 1.02. 

I do agree about the 2/3 turn but I think I also like the 3/4 turn. I tend to agree with Vikes. 

also i may have gone Ekeler in PPR but despite all the touches Henry had previously, I’m hoping the half season last year gave him enough of a breather. Ekeler has dealt with his own nagging injuries. 

I think I'd have preferred to be lower this year, as well. But I guess I'm a little more offbeat in my drafting, anyway. 

I literally went back and forth on this pick. I even put one in and changed it. This area feels pretty fluid. I went with my heart, a little, but Harris has as much chance at the top 5 as any in this area.

Good place to second guess yourself. 

1 hour ago, Dan said:

I think I'd have preferred to be lower this year, as well. But I guess I'm a little more offbeat in my drafting, anyway. 

I literally went back and forth on this pick. I even put one in and changed it. This area feels pretty fluid. I went with my heart, a little, but Harris has as much chance at the top 5 as any in this area.

Glad you picked Harris so I didn’t have to… 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dan said:

Great pick IMO. I could see Harris going as high as #3 so nice pick here. But then, I could see 4-5 players who each could go in this range.

OK, so every year I find myself in a spot where my first round pick is just painful, a pick or two earlier and I think the pick is easy and relaxing.

I battled with this pick a bit. Kupp is the "right pick" here I think based on the many factors but I have some certainty that he will not sustain his recent performance and likely he ends up delivering at the 2-2.05 pick range.  But I just had to take him here. Could have gone with another player or two, but when I charted the rest of my picks across the rounds it was not as good if I did not go with Kupp here. 

57 minutes ago, Fumbleweed said:

Glad you picked Harris so I didn’t have to… 

Fitting, then, that you took the player that I nearly took instead.

6 minutes ago, Dan said:

Fitting, then, that you took the player that I nearly took instead.

I have nothing against Harris. He runs hard and will garner a ton of touches. Just not fond of his YPC in that offense. 

Question: I have checked the “Following” icon in the Selection thread so I receive notification of picks. But….. I am not getting the email notifications. Any idea as to why I am not receiving them?

I have checked that my email address is correct…it is. I have stopped it and then re-do…still no help. Thanks for suggestions!

3 minutes ago, robb said:

Question: I have checked the “Following” icon in the Selection thread so I receive notification of picks. But….. I am not getting the email notifications. Any idea as to why I am not receiving them?

I have checked that my email address is correct…it is. I have stopped it and then re-do…still no help. Thanks for suggestions!

I think that would be a Mike question most likely. 

Debated between McCaffrey and Cook.  Both are great RBs but both have injury issues.  If it was PPR scoring I would have taken McCaffrey though.

8 minutes ago, remote controller said:

This pick was between Jefferson and Chase.  

And I thank you.

I have nothing against Harris. He runs hard and will garner a ton of touches. Just not fond of his YPC in that offense. 

Fully appreciate that, and the reason for my own hesitation.  I've had McCaffrey the last two years in here, and while I don't think he's destined to miss time to injury again, I wanted a different scene.  And while the potential downside is there for Harris, I am optimistic that he's going to see an uptick in production in his sophomore year, especially given the fact the QBs will be younger, and more balance will be necessary, and even in passing sits, check-downs will be more consistent.  I understand this isn't PPR, but yards are yards, and Harris' percentage of offense should rise.

That's the theory, anyway.  Or maybe just what I tell myself when I doubt letting McCaffrey go. . .

Man. The RB market gets thin really fast this year.

ICEMAN

Fumble sniped my pick, really disappointed, Deebo is likely a first round value at years end.  Great pick sir, way to take advantage.

Gibson is a reasonable consolation prize, but I likely got even value at this pick

I was looking at 3 backs, and my top one made it back to me.  He is Tom Brady's guy and Tom will feed his guys.  He is the clear starter, as are the other two, but with less experience in the backups for meaningful sniping of touches.

Surprised to see Hill and Gibson go that early. Love the non-cookie cutter picks, though. 

Going fast and furious this morning, thanks for making my pick Fumble!  Like Dan and Ray I was choosing between a few different people, but the Bengal offense tipped the scales to Mixon.  Then I was a little surprised to see Diggs at my second pick, that decision was a little easier.

1 minute ago, worm said:

Going fast and furious this morning, thanks for making my pick Fumble!  Like Dan and Ray I was choosing between a few different people, but the Bengal offense tipped the scales to Mixon.  Then I was a little surprised to see Diggs at my second pick, that decision was a little easier.

Nice start!

6 minutes ago, remote controller said:

Nice start!

I was going to say I really like your start too!  I would be very happy if Fournette made it back to me like that.

I think RB thins out real quick so I thought it was important to load up on top tier talent early. Aaron Jones put up great numbers when Adams was out and I expect him to have his best season this year with Adams gone. 

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I think RB thins out real quick so I thought it was important to load up on top tier talent early. Aaron Jones put up great numbers when Adams was out and I expect him to have his best season this year with Adams gone. 

Very nearly went that same route.  Really solid pick.  I fell in love with the situation Lamb finds himself in, but Jones was one of the other 2-3 options that felt very much the same, just with a different approach.

24 minutes ago, Dan said:

Very nearly went that same route.  Really solid pick.  I fell in love with the situation Lamb finds himself in, but Jones was one of the other 2-3 options that felt very much the same, just with a different approach.

I will add to the Jones discussion later.

Surprised to see Hill and Gibson go that early. Love the non-cookie cutter picks, though. 

It seems like just a year ago when people questioned my judgement on the Taylor pick....  I do enjoy going against the grain a little, as you well know :Mr-T:

I was eyeing Jones and Lamb, but didn’t think they would fall to me. Good pick ups!

TE early is a departure for me, but can't argue that value. While the loss of Tyreek gives some pause, you can never predict if the loss of a weapon hurts or benefits the other skill positions on field.

1 minute ago, Vikings4ever said:

TE early is a departure for me, but can't argue that value. While the loss of Tyreek gives some pause, you can never predict if the loss of a weapon hurts or benefits the other skill positions on field.

agreed, especially those already heavily targeted and trusted.

Just now, remote controller said:

Mixon taken!

I looked didn’t see. My bad. I’m having lunch 

And vikes sniped me haha.