Mike FF Today

** Round One-Three Commentary **

3 minutes ago, Mike FF Today said:

Round 2 might be some kind of record for this rookie mistake!😆

I was rushing to not hold things up. 

I’ll own it with pride 😂 

V4E snipped me! But, I’ll take Andrews as a consolation prize and move in to round 3.

Went back and forth between Kelce and Williams. Was starting to hope he would sneak back to me. Very nice pick.

Thought I’d get my RB2 since the RB cupboard will be bare at my next pick, 4.12. Could have gone WR too, but thinking I’ll wait. Both taking Williams and a TE could be a mistake and a gamble, guess we shall see. 

Very happy with my second pick, less so with my third. There feels like at least dozen players who could reasonably be picked here.

Jacobs never really had a chance with Gruden. Now he's playing for a contract under a new system. Let's see what he can do.

Got my starting RBs so it was time to grab a WR. Higgins is a solid young WR on a great team. He also has Chase opposite of him to take pressure away.  He should have another good year. 

So, it may have been a bad plan, but it was a workable plan.

I considered Kelce at 2.8 - among the 3-4 options - but hoped to grab the prodigy in round 3, anticipating the start of the TE grabs, and securing a foundational WR instead. 

It leaves work to be done, but I feel like there's consistent points with stud potential at 3 positions, each week.

13 minutes ago, Dan said:

So, it may have been a bad plan, but it was a workable plan.

I considered Kelce at 2.8 - among the 3-4 options - but hoped to grab the prodigy in round 3, anticipating the start of the TE grabs, and securing a foundational WR instead. 

It leaves work to be done, but I feel like there's consistent points with stud potential at 3 positions, each week.

Dan: I never doubt your logic when it comes to drafting as you always have a competitive team. I thought of going rb/wr/te but in the end decided I wanted 2 running backs I could count on in a Best Ball format!

We shall see who ends up with the best “plan”!

1 hour ago, WhiteWonder said:

I looked didn’t see. My bad. I’m having lunch 

Not your fault, he was taken a round early  🤣:P

This was a tough call, but ultimately Allen was the highest value on my board.  Now I wait and see who makes it back.

57 minutes ago, Vikings4ever said:

Very happy with my second pick, less so with my third. There feels like at least dozen players who could reasonably be picked here.

Jacobs never really had a chance with Gruden. Now he's playing for a contract under a new system. Let's see what he can do.

Considered Jacobs when I took fournette.  I also considered Javonte.  A healthy Waller and a new weapon in Adams, added to Carr's chemistry with Renfro, seems to open up the middle for Jacobs.   Then Adding a more capable QB in Denver, one who can go deep, go to the sideline, or run the ball, seems to open up the middle more for Williams.   Thier backups are the more established Drake and Gordon while Fournette has the new rookie White, so I chose Fournette.

12 minutes ago, worm said:

This was a tough call, but ultimately Allen was the highest value on my board.  Now I wait and see who makes it back.

Fumble always likes to see a team check off a stud at each position, so you are following the blueprint to a glowing review.  I like the Allen pick, especially owning Diggs too.

Think we can finish this up today fellas?

• Haha 1

To say I wanted Josh Allen to fall two more spots would be understatement of the year. What a value. 

58 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Not your fault, he was taken a round early  🤣:P

Well honestly I didn’t expect him to be a first rounder so I simply looked at the round 2 pick thread and thought nice, he’s there. 😂 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, remote controller said:

Considered Jacobs when I took fournette.  I also considered Javonte.  A healthy Waller and a new weapon in Adams, added to Carr's chemistry with Renfro, seems to open up the middle for Jacobs.   Then Adding a more capable QB in Denver, one who can go deep, go to the sideline, or run the ball, seems to open up the middle more for Williams.   Thier backups are the more established Drake and Gordon while Fournette has the new rookie White, so I chose Fournette.

Too bad the team doesn’t even like Jacobs. 

46 minutes ago, Fumbleweed said:

To say I wanted Josh Allen to fall two more spots would be understatement of the year. What a value. 

I would have lost a large roll of money on that 3rd round pick of yours.  That's not a slam on the pick or Brown.

Remote! That is who I was going to take!!! 🤬

ICEMAN

• Thanks 1

I needed to nail down my #2 back and he needed to be a 3 down back.  One of if not the last 3 down back in the draft.  I believe he and his QB take steps forward in the offense this year.

1 hour ago, remote controller said:

I needed to nail down my #2 back and he needed to be a 3 down back.  One of if not the last 3 down back in the draft.  I believe he and his QB take steps forward in the offense this year.

Wish I could agree with you RC, but I think he holds the same or takes a step back in 2022. New regime could mean they want their own guy….and if I remember right, they turned down his 5th year option, no? There is another RB in the running back room who could spell him in relief. Just mg 2 cents, my honest feedback, and I could be all wet too!

it's basically in the play book to not extend running backs anymore.  The ones who have, have gotten burned.  The new regime is pushing the run with power first.  The way Montgomery sees it and all 4th year backs anymore should.  "They are playing for their next job now, and they will be ridden."