Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

**Round Four-Six Commentary**

18 minutes ago, remote controller said:

I would have bet a paycheck on shovels Burrow pick.

same and this played a big part in my selection of Herbert.... seriously.  Burrow is someone I am very interested in as my QB 1 and someone I can normally get at the 6/7 turn but knowing Shovel was picking at the 5/6 turn.....

1 minute ago, WhiteWonder said:

same and this played a big part in my selection of Herbert.... seriously.  Burrow is someone I am very interested in as my QB 1 and someone I can normally get at the 6/7 turn but knowing Shovel was picking at the 5/6 turn.....

I get it...bring on the Bengals jokes. But I don't get how he's ranked so low on FFToday. You look at his stats from last year behind the worst o-line in the league and toss in that this is his first legit offseason....I just don't see how he's the 9th best QB. FFToday has him throwing for less yards and fewer TDs than last year...makes no sense. 

All I know is I wanted CEH @ 6.05. I think he is the ideal RB3/flex play this season. Solid floor. 

It's interesting though how many picks took place between Etienne and CEH. Seems like that's where the drop at RB is and where most guys start picking WRs right and left. 

8 minutes ago, shovelheadt said:

I get it...bring on the Bengals jokes. But I don't get how he's ranked so low on FFToday. You look at his stats from last year behind the worst o-line in the league and toss in that this is his first legit offseason....I just don't see how he's the 9th best QB. FFToday has him throwing for less yards and fewer TDs than last year...makes no sense. 

its not a joke. i mean maybe in the sense that you're known for picking bengals. I agree with you. He is not my 9th ranked QB... just mocks I have done he is a target for me in the 7th. :dunno:. I am not at all knocking the pick, just illustrating how knowing my other drafters influenced me to grab Herbert (my #2 ranked QB this year) because I knew I wouldnt be able to wait for Burrow. 

5 minutes ago, Fumbleweed said:

All I know is I wanted CEH @ 6.05. I think he is the ideal RB3/flex play this season. Solid floor. 

It's interesting though how many picks took place between Etienne and CEH. Seems like that's where the drop at RB is and where most guys start picking WRs right and left. 

2 QBs and 10 WRs taken. Zero RBs!

heading to the golf course soon.. never been a fan of sending lists as my plan is always very fluid. Ill be checking in as often as I can over the next 4-5 hours.

I strongly thought about drafting CEH. I think that he should have the leg up in the RBBC that they are going to have going on there in KC. I just thought that there was enough of a drop-off between Brady and the other QB's that would be available when I picked next that I couldn't afford to not select him.

ICEMAN

7 minutes ago, Fumbleweed said:

I think he makes sense where he is picked but i desperately wanted Etienne because he has a ceiling that CEH does not possess with what he showed last season, the other backs on the roster and the additions in the offseason. He's pretty solidly on my DND list but I hope I am wrong because I was a big fan when he came into the league.

2 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

heading to the golf course soon.. never been a fan of sending lists as my plan is always very fluid. Ill be checking in as often as I can over the next 4-5 hours.

If you will be “out” you could send me your short list and I’ll submit it for you as I pick after you. I am hoping it’s gets to us at the end of this round before we quit today.

I had no intention of going QB here.  Fumble grabbed the player I intended to pick until the last second switch.  Dillon will have a bigger role in the offense this season.

1 minute ago, remote controller said:

I had no intention of going QB here.  Fumble grabbed the player I intended to pick until the last second switch.  Dillon will have a bigger role in the offense this season.

There was another RB I felt was good value here, but i already had a player from his team and didn't want to lean too heavily on that offense. 

48 minutes ago, robb said:

If you will be “out” you could send me your short list and I’ll submit it for you as I pick after you. I am hoping it’s gets to us at the end of this round before we quit today.

Thanks but I’ll be checking as much as I can. As stated I don’t like sending lists because my picks wind up being very fluid based on what others do around me sometimes. Especially if I’m near the corners. Appreciate it though. 

Give me a minute or two.  Literally went on the clock at the worst point of my day.  Have to finish dinner prep and I'll have this in.

2 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

its not a joke. i mean maybe in the sense that you're known for picking bengals. I agree with you. He is not my 9th ranked QB... just mocks I have done he is a target for me in the 7th. :dunno:. I am not at all knocking the pick, just illustrating how knowing my other drafters influenced me to grab Herbert (my #2 ranked QB this year) because I knew I wouldnt be able to wait for Burrow. 

If he hadn't taken Burrow, I was taking him.

This was the first pick where I really struggled making a decision. Decided to go Robinson as he is still a talented WR and he’s on a high powered offense. I think he offers some good upside as my WR3. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

This was the first pick where I really struggled making a decision. Decided to go Robinson as he is still a talented WR and he’s on a high powered offense. I think he offers some good upside as my WR3. 

Almost went that way myself.  Nice job.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I don't think a single player in redrafts this summer is going to be harder to pin down than Robinson in terms of value. I have seen him ranked anywhere from 10 to 40 at the WR position. As the 27th WR in our draft to go off the board, I see very solid value here. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fumbleweed said:

I don't think a single player in redrafts this summer is going to be harder to pin down than Robinson in terms of value. I have seen him ranked anywhere from 10 to 40 at the WR position. As the 27th WR in our draft to go off the board, I see very solid value here. 

There were other options in the same tier but I prefer a player on a good team here.  I went back and forth a lot on this pick.

Vikes - 

Damien Harris went in the 4th.

Fixored.

I don't have much faith in Hurts, but Brown should open things up more for the run game, and 0 TDs last year has gotta be a fluke.

Sniped on A Rob. A few guys I considered here.