Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

**Round Seven-Ten Commentary**

When Fumble made my selection of Woods at 9.09 I asked him to comment that even at my ripe old age of 61, getting Wood was still easy!!  ;)

6 minutes ago, remote controller said:

When Fumble made my selection of Woods at 9.09 I asked him to comment that even at my ripe old age of 61, getting Wood was still easy!!  ;)

61.....and you still never fail to catch my eye

• Sad 1

Anyone available for me to send a 2 player list to? I'm up in 2 picks, but need to run an errand soon. Thanks.

20 minutes ago, remote controller said:

I follow you so be very careful with type-o's.  ;)

Thanks, but Ice showed up.

My reasoning for taking Woods and Burks, back to back, as my #4 and #5 Wr.  in rounds 9 and 10, was that I felt it locked in a solid #3 Wr weekly, with a great opportunity of getting #1 or #2 numbers.  With AJ. gone, there are a bunch of targets to fight over, and it's hard to leave Woods off the field because of his downfield blocking and other skills.  The youngster might even draw coverage if he starts hot.

I didn’t learn my lesson. Wanted Carr @ 10.05, but could have had him @ 9.08. Could have had Stafford and Carr. Instead, I have Wilson and Cousins. Meh. 

Just now, remote controller said:

I like the dependable Cousins pick as a #2 QB.

I do think value at the position drops dramatically after him.

8 minutes ago, Fumbleweed said:

I do think value at the position drops dramatically after him.

Floor for sure.  His floor is really high.

27 minutes ago, remote controller said:

My reasoning for taking Woods and Burks, back to back, as my #4 and #5 Wr.  in rounds 9 and 10, was that I felt it locked in a solid #3 Wr weekly, with a great opportunity of getting #1 or #2 numbers.  With AJ. gone, there are a bunch of targets to fight over, and it's hard to leave Woods off the field because of his downfield blocking and other skills.  The youngster might even draw coverage if he starts hot.

I have been scared off Burks at the point. The conditioning issues and asthma problems that he has been having already is curtailing his learning how to play WR in the NFL. I know that opportunity is everything (especially at this point in the draft), but he does not give me the warm fuzzies.

ICEMAN

36 minutes ago, remote controller said:

Floor for sure.  His floor is really high.

Correct! There are two more QBs in the tier with Carr and Cousins, but they come with risk. 

Sorry guys, I was on the road.  Give me a few minutes.

1 hour ago, ICEMAN said:

I have been scared off Burks at the point. The conditioning issues and asthma problems that he has been having already is curtailing his learning how to play WR in the NFL. I know that opportunity is everything (especially at this point in the draft), but he does not give me the warm fuzzies.

ICEMAN

You are remembering the horror stories of Chase at Bengles camp last year I presume.  He had the drops.  Burks will be fine and he does not have all the competition Chase had for looks.

5 minutes ago, remote controller said:

You are remembering the horror stories of Chase at Bengles camp last year I presume.  He had the drops.  Burks will be fine and he does not have all the competition Chase had for looks.

I wouldn’t compare chase and burks. The supposed early issues are different issues and I don’t think many people were shying away from Chase last year going into a situation to play with Burrow. 

but I’m not knocking Burks. 

12 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

I wouldn’t compare chase and burks. The supposed early issues are different issues and I don’t think many people were shying away from Chase last year going into a situation to play with Burrow. 

I'm betting Chase's 'drops' wouldn't even have been mentioned normally if not for the months long debate over him being picked over Penei Sewell. Just media BS.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WhiteWonder said:

there was a major concern on drops and Shovel is probably on top of that being plugged in.  I'm not overly concerned by camp talk as there is always lots of reasons for it.

Laziness and breathing issues always give me pause.

ICEMAN

Sorry. RL emergency came up. 

Got a pick in to keep moving. 

I've always been a believer in a good QB2. This year? Carr and Cousins are really the only 2 that I would prefer. Lance and MAYBE a couple others are the last of the ones I wound WANT as a QB2.

I probably could have held off until my next pick, but I didn't want to risk both teams at the turn taking QBs.

well Lance would have been my next pick so, well done

30 minutes ago, Vikings4ever said:

I've always been a believer in a good QB2. This year? Carr and Cousins are really the only 2 that I would prefer. Lance and MAYBE a couple others are the last of the ones I wound WANT as a QB2.

I probably could have held off until my next pick, but I didn't want to risk both teams at the turn taking QBs.

Would have been mine too, so I pivoted to a WR. A QB2 is a luxury having Jackson as my QB, so Gallup should get me some points on some weeks whereas my QB2 probably wouldn’t.