Sign in to follow this  
wolves111

Dobbins, Mitchell and Harris

These three rb’s seem to be under valued at this point. All three play in a run heavy offense. All have questions to be sure but in rounds four to six they could potentially out perform backs ranked higher.

Mitchell In SF offense, Harris with N/Eng, and Dobbins in Baltimore run game offense offer high upside. Dobbins coming off injury seems to be the biggest risk but both Harris and Mitchell look like great value at their current adp. 
I rank them Harris, Mitchell, Dobbins in that order. 
The picks in rounds three through seven can be the difference in a playoff team or a loser. 
How would you rank these three RB’s?

Harris had a fantastic season last year, since adp is in 6-7th round he would be the best value.  

I think Dobbins in the 4th isn’t that attractive in a 1;2 point Ppr, but I think he’s the best player of the three

Mitchel in the 5th is a sold pickup, but that rookie Parks might be a problem for the Mitchel owner. And I’m not sold on Lance.  

Harris based on adp value 

Dobbins based on talent 

Mitchel.   

19 hours ago, weepaws said:

And I’m not sold on Lance.

I have heard a couple reports suggesting San Fran isnt 100% sold on Lance yet either.

I guess that is what training camp is for.   figure out of the player you have drafted can actually play.

with respect to Harris,  I'll point out is that Belicheck has a long history of going RBBC.  I have not drafted NE RB's in a very long time.

I know Harris had a good season last year, but I'd look into whether injuries of other players contributed to this.    Not saying they have.  I have not done the legwork to check, but it is atypical for a Belicheck team to have a draftable RB due to his time share philosophy. 

for me that is the biggest concern there.   if you have any reason to think he will go back to time share at RB, I wouldnt bet big on this kid, no matter how much you like him.

I think Harris rushing for 15 tds was the contributing factor.  

16 hours ago, weepaws said:

I think Harris rushing for 15 tds was the contributing factor.  

Belechick also likely didnt want to put the ball in the hands of his rookie QB in the red zone.

that may change somewhat  going forward as the kid gets more experience.

I think that might change. Can’t see another 15 rushing tds again from Harris.  But I like his adp over those other two Rbs.  I think it’s not only trust in his rookie Qb , but it’s also personal.  

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

I think that might change. Can’t see another 15 rushing tds again from Harris.  But I like his adp over those other two Rbs.  I think it’s not only trust in his rookie Qb , but it’s also personal.  

well, he did get close to 1000 yards rushing. but what I'm saying is it is pretty atypical for a Belichek coached team.

that is the concern.    he will go with one RB one week and another the next.

its all about whether your skillset fits the game plan that particular week.     it can be very frustrating to be a fantasy owner in that situation as you could sit him for many of his good games and play him for most of his bad ones.

for me, its not worth the headache.  I'd rather have a set it and forget it type RB.    guys like him I like as a Backup who you can occasionally play matchups with.   not as a weekly starter.

On 6/8/2022 at 5:30 PM, wolves111 said:

These three rb’s seem to be under valued at this point. All three play in a run heavy offense. All have questions to be sure but in rounds four to six they could potentially out perform backs ranked higher.

Mitchell In SF offense, Harris with N/Eng, and Dobbins in Baltimore run game offense offer high upside. Dobbins coming off injury seems to be the biggest risk but both Harris and Mitchell look like great value at their current adp. 
I rank them Harris, Mitchell, Dobbins in that order. 
The picks in rounds three through seven can be the difference in a playoff team or a loser. 
How would you rank these three RB’s?

Under valued?  I don't know... I'd say they are all a bit overvalued.  Right now Dobbins is going at 3.02, Mitchell 3.09, and Harris at 4.07.  Personally, I wouldn't want any of them as my RB2.  Yeah, all 3 teams run the ball, but Baltimore and SF are probably still going to get a bulk of rush attempts from their QB, not just other RB's while that situation doesn't exist in New England, I don't envision a consistent work flow for Harris.

3 hours ago, Ray_T said:

well, he did get close to 1000 yards rushing. but what I'm saying is it is pretty atypical for a Belichek coached team.

that is the concern.    he will go with one RB one week and another the next.

its all about whether your skillset fits the game plan that particular week.     it can be very frustrating to be a fantasy owner in that situation as you could sit him for many of his good games and play him for most of his bad ones.

for me, its not worth the headache.  I'd rather have a set it and forget it type RB.    guys like him I like as a Backup who you can occasionally play matchups with.   not as a weekly starter.

Right now I’m seeing Harris going in the 6- 7th round , that’s good value , and that’s a back up.  

2 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Under valued?  I don't know... I'd say they are all a bit overvalued.  Right now Dobbins is going at 3.02, Mitchell 3.09, and Harris at 4.07.  Personally, I wouldn't want any of them as my RB2.  Yeah, all 3 teams run the ball, but Baltimore and SF are probably still going to get a bulk of rush attempts from their QB, not just other RB's while that situation doesn't exist in New England, I don't envision a consistent work flow for Harris.

You’re looking at the wrong adp site.  

Dobbins is mid 3rd , but still to early for me.  He’s returning from a major injury, so even if he’s able to play, it might take a few games for him to play up the par.   Plus why to many interchangeable Rbs on the team.  

Mitchel is going late 4th early 5th, that’s a very good pick up, he’s on a run first team, but I’m concern about the Qb , not because he can run, but will he be able to make plays on The passing game to sustain drives.  

Harris is going in the 6-7 rounds, very good back value from a player that just scored 15 rush tds last season   

2 hours ago, weepaws said:

Right now I’m seeing Harris going in the 6- 7th round , that’s good value , and that’s a back up.  

at that price I'm ok with it.   but I would not be drafting him with the other 1000 yard rushers.

On 6/9/2022 at 3:57 PM, Ray_T said:

I have heard a couple reports suggesting San Fran isnt 100% sold on Lance yet either.

I guess that is what training camp is for.   figure out of the player you have drafted can actually play.

Yeah I too have heard the reports/rumors about  Lance and I'm sure he has too. I don't value those rumors much at all. He was the #3 pick and trust me he'll show everyone why he was picked that high when it really counts. Jimmy G..Who?

Harris won't have 15tds this year and Stevenson will be breathing down his neck. Lamar's gonna run the ball but if DOBBINS is healthy I like him the best of the 3. Mitchell was a 6th round gem.pucked by my 49ers. He'll be the lead back all year but there's gonna be plenty of other back there to get carries if he struggles any. Don't think that'll happen but he will Stull have a pretty good year even if Lance takes carries for him. SanFran will run the ball, A LOT,  so don't be surprised  if Mitchell still tears it up in spite of the other rbs there.

The Ravens also roster a lot of backs, Jackson leads the list.  Hard to say how good Dobbins is going to be coming back from his injury.  

• Like 1

On 6/10/2022 at 2:44 PM, weepaws said:

Stevenson was also in Billy’s  doghouse early on. I expect him to receive more attempts this season. 

I think it’s going to be interesting how the Hoody will use P Strong.  

Dobbins seems to think he'll be ready for Week 1. It's worth noting, players typically have very optimistic views on their health, rehab, etc...