Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

**Round Eleven-Sixteen Commentary**

i had typed in Gronk but then reasoned there are lots of TE2's I like and while Golladay hasn't done anything since 2019, im hoping a new HC can help utilize him better. 

2 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

i had typed in Gronk but then reasoned there are lots of TE2's I like and while Golladay hasn't done anything since 2019, im hoping a new HC can help utilize him better. 

There's a good group of TE2s, but I don't think there's any with Gronk's upside. WRs are at the point where it's dartboard time.

2 minutes ago, Vikings4ever said:

There's a good group of TE2s, but I don't think there's any with Gronk's upside. WRs are at the point where it's dartboard time.

I agree with you. Gronk certainly has more upside than most of the WR's here. I guess for me it was hard to justify taking another tight end with a big ? (even though I know he plays and is just resting) before I take a 4th WR. 

2 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

I agree with you. Gronk certainly has more upside than most of the WR's here. I guess for me it was hard to justify taking another tight end with a big ? (even though I know he plays and is just resting) before I take a 4th WR. 

Yeah, from a team building aspect, I suppose a 4th WR in this league is more important than a TE2.

Getting through 12 rounds in week 1 would have to be some kind of record I think. Nice pace this year. 

36 minutes ago, shovelheadt said:

Getting through 12 rounds in week 1 would have to be some kind of record I think. Nice pace this year. 

I think you are correct.  We have come so far from the delayed day of Clash and others.....^_^

Can I send a short list to someone? I'm up after shovel, but I have to out for an hour, or so.

ICEMAN

Tannehill lost AJ Brown and got Woods and the rookie.  He still has Henry, and has rushed for 7 Td's 2 years in a row.  He's playing for his next job, and the team wants him to succeed so they can get something for him.  He was the best of the rest so he becomes my QB#2.  I really like the addition of Woods to this team for his leadership in a year they need it.  

1 minute ago, remote controller said:

Tannehill lost AJ Green and got Woods and the rookie.  He still has Henry, and has rushed for 7 Td's 2 years in a row.  He's playing for his next job, and the team wants him to succeed so they can get something for him.  He was the best of the rest so he becomes my QB#2.  I really like the addition of Woods to this team for his leadership in a year they need it.  

You've kind of got a thing for the Titans it seems.... 

16 minutes ago, remote controller said:

Tannehill lost AJ Green

you're color blind? :lol:

A few WRs I considered, but TB spent a lot to bring in Gage. Even if Godwin comes back 100% (and no guarantee of that), you gotta think they will want Gage heavily involved in the offense.

13.01 Bills Defense. Well, at the turn is tough when it comes to taking a defense. If I don't take one here, then my next pick is 14.12 and IMHO all the better defenses will probably be gone. Possibly a tad early in the 13th, but I have what I believe will be the #1 defense this year.

Mack is, currently, the number 1 back in Houston. Not saying much, but this late, he's got a better route to touches than a lot of what's available.

1 hour ago, Fumbleweed said:

I figured since I had the two receivers, if either of them ever catch a TD pass on a given week it might enhance my best ball oppurtunities.  Lol!  It was he or the Qb on his 3rd team in 3 years.

2 hours ago, Fumbleweed said:

The real story here is that I have attempted to factor in the no nonsense format, which I yearly rail against.    lol!  I might have done it poorly, but if either wr has a good week with Ryan T., and Murray has a stinker......

I haven’t thought about No-Hassle/best ball once…yet. Just trying to put together the best redraft team I can. 

• Like 1

The only impact of the no hassle/ best ball that appears in my drafting is the spread of bye weeks (if I can help it). In a regular redraft I would pay less attention to bye weeks as I can add players off waivers and not take a 0. Even then, bye weeks wouldn’t stop me from drafting someone I have head and shoulders above another player. 

7 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

The only impact of the no hassle/ best ball that appears in my drafting is the spread of bye weeks (if I can help it). In a regular redraft I would pay less attention to bye weeks as I can add players off waivers and not take a 0. Even then, bye weeks wouldn’t stop me from drafting someone I have head and shoulders above another player. 

I always take bye weeks into consideration for redraft leagues, as you are never guaranteed to replace with quality on those off weeks.

I was hoping MVS would last a little longer, but it feels like there are still a lot of good WR dart throws this late.  Osborn filled in nicely while Thielen was out, and I don't think it's crazy to forecast a little regression in his 10th season and in a new offense.  The Irv Smith pick relates to this as well, and hopefully he can get back to where he was before the injury.

As brittle as McCaffrey can be, I thought a handcuff was a must.

Very seldom do I get upset about a snipe.....but Shovel taking Pierce is one!! I thought 99% for sure he would sneak thru the sharks on this board and I could nab him late..... but "no", Shovel had to be the smart one and take him in the 14th! I honestly believe he will be a top 3 rookie WR in 2022, and a steal in rookie and redraft leagues. Great pick my friend!!

9 hours ago, robb said:

Very seldom do I get upset about a snipe.....but Shovel taking Pierce is one!! I thought 99% for sure he would sneak thru the sharks on this board and I could nab him late..... but "no", Shovel had to be the smart one and take him in the 14th! I honestly believe he will be a top 3 rookie WR in 2022, and a steal in rookie and redraft leagues. Great pick my friend!!

Sorry man. My Cincy ties and me living in Indy had you playing against a stacked deck. Been watching this guy for years. 

11 Td's in 2020 before his injury last season.  Exit Davante Adams.  I believe he will be a serviceable TE #2, and one of the top redzone options for the Pack.

3 minutes ago, Vikings4ever said:

Headed out for a couple hours, sent Fumble a list for my 14th.

Received

I had Boyd and 2 other WRs on my list with Gage for my 12th rounder. Surprised to see them dropping this far, possibly going undrafted.

Boyd has proven he can produce, and if Chase has a Sophomore slump or Higgins' injury issues persist, he could prove to be a great sleeper.

Hawkeye -

Matt Gay was literally just taken . . . 3 picks in front of you.

26 minutes ago, Vikings4ever said:

I had Boyd and 2 other WRs on my list with Gage for my 12th rounder. Surprised to see them dropping this far, possibly going undrafted.

Boyd has proven he can produce, and if Chase has a Sophomore slump or Higgins' injury issues persist, he could prove to be a great sleeper.

He should have been taken multiple rounds ago in my opinion. Even without the 'what ifs' you mentioned, he's well worth this pick. 

i likely would have picked Boyd. I usually go 5 WR / 5 RB but decided to go 6 / 4 this year with my WRs feeling less than stellar. 

Williams is a total upside pick as I expect a handful of big games once he gets on the field. 

50 minutes ago, Vikings4ever said:

I confess that, in part, I was affected by his performance on my dynasty team.  And in that light, I wonder if I would legitimately start him in a league that were a pure re-draft with 16 rounds.  It's likely that, in that scenario, he's dropped in favor of a more solid receiver that doesn't have the obstacles in front of him.  He's a great pick, but the what ifs cannot be dismissed.  And I think folks - I know myself anyway - like to take a shot on a guy that could go nuts.

I think that's how a Boyd slips through in a draft like this.