Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

**Round Eleven-Sixteen Commentary**

50 minutes ago, Dan said:

I confess that, in part, I was affected by his performance on my dynasty team.  And in that light, I wonder if I would legitimately start him in a league that were a pure re-draft with 16 rounds.  It's likely that, in that scenario, he's dropped in favor of a more solid receiver that doesn't have the obstacles in front of him.  He's a great pick, but the what ifs cannot be dismissed.  And I think folks - I know myself anyway - like to take a shot on a guy that could go nuts.

I think that's how a Boyd slips through in a draft like this.

True, he did have a VERY inconsistent 2021. Not knocking any of the WRs being taken before him, but we're well into the good team WR3s/bad team WR2s (one of each was also on my list after Boyd), so inconsistency is to be expected at this point.

I honestly hadn't considered it, but my top WRs are fairly risky. Gage and Boyd both look like high floor backups with some upside if things go right for them. I'm pretty happy with those two as WR5/6.

• Like 1

Can we just grab the next best kicker for Matt? I'd really love to get through my next 2 picks as my wife is having surgery tomorrow. Thanks.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, shovelheadt said:

Can we just grab the next best kicker for Matt? I'd really love to get through my next 2 picks as my wife is having surgery tomorrow. Thanks.

Praying for your wife, shovel. And you, as well.

2 hours ago, Dan said:

Praying for your wife, shovel. And you, as well.

Thanks! Nothing major, I’ll just be out of pocket for a while. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, shovelheadt said:

Is there another Matt?  It isn’t my pick yet.

2 minutes ago, Matts Eagles said:

Is there another Matt?  It isn’t my pick yet.

Pretty sure he was referring to Hawkeye 

Sorry for some of the uneven attention from me today. Took my dad to Top Gun as a Father’s Day thing. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Fumbleweed said:

Sorry for some of the uneven attention from me today. Took my dad to Top Gun as a Father’s Day thing. 

No apologies necessary. 

I would have updated the threads better, and started the round 16 thread, but I'm on my phone, and haven't been near a computer since around 2. Doing the copy paste and bold text is tougher on this handheld nonsense. 

2 minutes ago, Dan said:

No apologies necessary. 

I would have updated the threads better, and started the round 16 thread, but I'm on my phone, and haven't been near a computer since around 2. Doing the copy paste and bold text is tougher on this handheld nonsense. 

Very much so

Parker was taken at 10.08

49 minutes ago, Matts Eagles said:

I have meetings this morning.

my picks are

15.12 - K Brandon McManus, Den

16.01 - D/ST LA Chargers, LAC

done and done and you're done

22 hours ago, Vikings4ever said:

True, he did have a VERY inconsistent 2021. Not knocking any of the WRs being taken before him, but we're well into the good team WR3s/bad team WR2s (one of each was also on my list after Boyd), so inconsistency is to be expected at this point.

Now that we're done, just for the record, the other 2 I was talking about were Van Jefferson and Kadarius Toney. Even with the roster limitations, I was surprised that Jefferson went undrafted.

But all in all, nice work gentlemen. :cheers:

23 minutes ago, Vikings4ever said:

Now that we're done, just for the record, the other 2 I was talking about were Van Jefferson and Kadarius Toney. Even with the roster limitations, I was surprised that Jefferson went undrafted.

But all in all, nice work gentlemen. :cheers:

Toney was my first choice, but he was selected. Then it was between R Moore or Jacobi Meyers, went with the WR Stack of Moore & DHop. Shall see if smart or not.

considered Jefferson, but teams #3, so MEH