Cloaca du jour

Media Event!! Jan 6th Propaganda!! Tonight!! Official Thread!!

3 hours ago, wiffleball said:

Nah. The “what aboutism” claim is just a ploy to make people forget how the democrats aided and abetted the riots of 2020 for their political benefit.  It’s called making a comparison. Calling it a “what aboutism” is an obvious attempt to stifle debate.  

Democrats were just fine with political violence until it was used against them. Still are as long as it’s against the other side. Imagine a right wing nut who showed up at Sotomayors house armed and wanting to kill her? 

45 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

I was at golf league drinking beers and pouring in birdies.  What did I miss?

I dunno.

I was too busy posting fart and poop 💩 emojis in this thread to pay attention.

I don't have time or interest in watching a bunch of hyperventilating morons sniffing each others farts.

31 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

I didn't see a second of it. No shower was needed.

• Thanks 1

Didn't Trump ask to have barriers put up, and up to 20,000 National guardsmen activated and on site on the 4th?  

Didn't Pelosi and her lib cronies refuse that order saying the police could handle everything. And the optics of Trumps order would be overkill and "look bad"?

Didn't these Democratic pieces of garbage actually choose "looking good" over everyone's safety, including the cops?

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Kopy said:

Didn't Trump ask to have barriers put up, and up to 20,000 National guardsmen activated and on site on the 4th?  

Didn't Pelosi and her lib cronies refuse that order saying the police could handle everything. And the optics of Trumps order would be overkill and "look bad"?

Didn't these Democratic pieces of garbage actually choose "looking good" over everyone's safety, including the cops?

Yes. Yes. Yes. 

That won't be put up for show though.

When you get crowds that big, there is often times conflict. More people have been killed at sporting events than got killed at the capital that day. 

Trump knew this and he also knew that if he suggested something that pelosi would do the opposite. So in an odd way, this is the only thing Trump is guilty of. He should have demanded she not put up barriers and don't bring in the guard. :lol:

But honestly, pelosi thinks the people are so stupid that they don't see this. Well conservatives aren't that stupid, but she doesn't care about them. She caters to the stupid left.

• Thanks 1

Did they explain why the security cops let them in? 

15 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I think the liberals who watched are sleeping in late after a heavy night of partying.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

1 hour ago, Utilit99 said:

I didn't see a second of it. No shower was needed.

55 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

3 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Did I miss anything important?

I don't think anybody can answer these questions, since probably nobody watched it.

1 hour ago, Kopy said:

No. He made a comment about it in a meeting on January 5th but never took action to activate anyone. This whole claim that he asked them to activate the National guard has been proven false.

No. This is another fake news story thing that gets posted all over social media and people buy into. 

I'm sure there are Democratic politicians who are overexaggerating what they felt that day for effect. There are also Republican politicians refusing to call that day out for the embarrassment it was in fear of the Trump cult reaction. Pretending one side of people are "pieces of garbage" is silly.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

No. He made a comment about it in a meeting on January 5th but never took action to activate anyone. This whole claim that he asked them to activate the National guard has been proven false.

No. This is another fake news story thing that gets posted all over social media and people buy into. 

I'm sure there are Democratic politicians who are overexaggerating what they felt that day for effect. There are also Republican politicians refusing to call that day out for the embarrassment it was in fear of the Trump cult reaction. Pretending one side of people are "pieces of garbage" is silly.

Wrong. pelosi is in charge of capital security. Trump advised her to stock up on security.

She actually should be on trial.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Eat a bag of diks

https://mynbc15.com/news/nation-world/trump-admin-was-ready-to-deploy-national-guard-on-jan-6-capitol-police-timeline-shows-january-donald

A Capitol Police timeline of the days and weeks surrounding Jan. 6 shows former President Donald Trump’s Department of Defense (DOD) offered the National Guard’s assistance in the days leading up to the violent attack on the U.S. Capitol, validating claims from Trump administration officials that were said to be false by liberal fact-checkers.

• Thanks 3

Sean Mooney doesn’t know that the president can’t activate the National Guard on American soil without local permission. It goes back to Roman Times. Caesar and the Rubicon and all that. Guess he missed that class too. 

6 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Sean Mooney doesn’t know that the president can’t activate the National Guard on American soil without local permission. It goes back to Roman Times. Caesar and the Rubicon and all that. Guess he missed that class too. 

He is gone from this thread.  The egg on his face is running down his chin.

50 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Really?    Interesting "statement of fact" you make there.   

"COP Sund asks Senate Sergeant at Arms (SSAA) Michael Stenger and House Sergeant at Arms (HSAA) Paul Irving for authority to have National Guard to assist with security for the January 6, 2021 event based on briefing with law enforcement partner and revised intelligence Assessment," the timeline recorded. "COP Sund's request is denied. SSAA and HSAA tell COP Sund to contact General Walker at DC National Guard to discuss the guard's ability to support a request if needed."

https://justthenews.com/government/congress/trump-pentagon-first-offered-national-guard-capitol-four-days-jan-6-riots-memo

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Masshole said:

Really?    Interesting "statement of fact" you make there.   

"COP Sund asks Senate Sergeant at Arms (SSAA) Michael Stenger and House Sergeant at Arms (HSAA) Paul Irving for authority to have National Guard to assist with security for the January 6, 2021 event based on briefing with law enforcement partner and revised intelligence Assessment," the timeline recorded. "COP Sund's request is denied. SSAA and HSAA tell COP Sund to contact General Walker at DC National Guard to discuss the guard's ability to support a request if needed."

https://justthenews.com/government/congress/trump-pentagon-first-offered-national-guard-capitol-four-days-jan-6-riots-memo

nasty pelosi and her drunk DUI husband say nay nay. :nono: No security for you!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

He had to go to “class”. 

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

He had to go to “class”. 

He's in the "teachers" lounge telling everyone about how great last night was and asking if anyone knows of any newly transitioning children that he needs to get to know. 

• Like 1

I LOOOOOOVE how the "fact check" on Trump's request for 10,000 troops comes down to he said / she said, a vanity fair reporter, and the request "appears" to have been an offhand remark, so it was ignored.

yeah, thats really solid footing 

then the libs careen from there into saying "oh the GOP is repeating debunked lies!"

I surmise that Pelosi etm were somewhat afraid that Trump would somehow use the National Guard to take over or something idiotic like that.  And that is why they refused to protect the Capital.

It could also be true that they saw an opportunity.  After watching BLM/Antifa rape major cities they hoped for something similar from this crowd.  Then they could pretend to be horrified, where they just sat back and smiled when the others did the same

I watched.  My takeaways:

This was not a hearing, this was a presentation.  Rehearsed, scripted, adn produced,  Even then the ?chairperson had to restate the scripted testimony, scarce as it was, to try to make the testimony more compelling.  There was no inquiry,only presentation.

The female officer's testimony was tath she could not hold the line.  when she was pushed she stumbled backward, lost her footing, fell down awkwardly, (clumsily) and struck first her chin and then the back of her head knocing her out,  Later when she awoke she helped decontaminate (poured bottled water over her fello officers faces who got pepper sprayed) folks and was horrified by the war scene. ( A few dozen or so officers with some minor facial lacerations.  She said not she or any cop has ever been trained to handle this level of violence, mostly people trying to push past them adn knocking them over.  Basically she was an argument for why females, with theirnalck of strength should not be front line officers assigned to crowd control.  

The documentarian offered new video footage indistinguishable from that we had already seen.  Was irt new, yes.  Was it revalatory, no.  The smae shots we had already seen but shot from a few scant feet away from all the previous video.  I am sorry the hotel accomodations he had the night before the riot got out of hand were less than satisfactory.  I laughed when the proud boys he was with, and arguably enabling as he seems to have driven them around the night before, and he took am lunch break to get some "tucker" before things got rolling.  I can see a meme coming for Tucker Carlson.

My dad tried to teach me a lesson when I was about 8 about mob mentality, about getting swept up in and going along with the crowd.  He told me the crowd is always 1/10th as interlligent as a Chicago Bears fan and ten times as prone to violence as one.  Last night, again, I saw mob mentality at work on the films, but also in the media.

Trump was and is an idiot, a narcissist, an incorrigible and spooiled child.  I have little doubt in his wild imaginings he wanted to retain power and he wanted to fire up this crowd into a mob.  The mob is accountable for their actions.  As I have said elsewher they were riotous (some of them) and guilty of damage to property, assaulting police officers, trespassing, and reckless endangerment.  Also failure to obey lawful orders.  They were not disorganized, but they were not organized insurrectionist. They had no comand andn conttrol or even coherent objective. They were a mob.  As for Trump, I think his fevered imaginings had him believing the election was stolen and that the people would rise to his exhortations to keep him in power.  as was the case with him always his implentation of his imaginings was half baked and failed of its purpose.  As ever Trump was about Trump and trump is a petualent child with por impulse control andn subaverage intelligence who lives in a fantasy world.

I have no idea why Republicans would want to support a candidate who at this juncture would be a lame duck upon arrival, and one who would be divisive and subject to constant obstruction and to lawsuits galore.  They would be wise to ove on but their coalition cannot be described as wise right now, passioned yes, but not wise.  They would do well to try to identify teh wise among them as there may still be some and to follow them

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

This was not a hearing, this was a presentation.  Rehearsed, scripted, adn produced,  Even then the ?chairperson had to restate the scripted testimony, scarce as it was, to try to make the testimony more compelling.  There was no inquiry,only presentation.

The female officer's testimony was tath she could not hold the line.  when she was pushed she stumbled backward, lost her footing, fell down awkwardly, (clumsily) and struck first her chin and then the back of her head knocing her out,  Later when she awoke she helped decontaminate (poured bottled water over her fello officers faces who got pepper sprayed) folks and was horrified by the war scene. ( A few dozen or so officers with some minor facial lacerations.  She said not she or any cop has ever been trained to handle this level of violence, mostly people trying to push past them adn knocking them over.  Basically she was an argument for why females, with theirnalck of strength should not be front line officers assigned to crowd control.  

The documentarian offered new video footage indistinguishable from that we had already seen.  Was irt new, yes.  Was it revalatory, no.  The smae shots we had already seen but shot from a few scant feet away from all the previous video.  I am sorry the hotel accomodations he had the night before the riot got out of hand were less than satisfactory.  I laughed when the proud boys he was with, and arguably enabling as he seems to have driven them around the night before, and he took am lunch break to get some "tucker" before things got rolling.  I can see a meme coming for Tucker Carlson.

My dad tried to teach me a lesson when I was about 8 about mob mentality, about getting swept up in and going along with the crowd.  He told me the crowd is always 1/10th as interlligent as a Chicago Bears fan and ten times as prone to violence as one.  Last night, again, I saw mob mentality at work on the films, but also in the media.

Trump was and is an idiot, a narcissist, an incorrigible and spooiled child.  I have little doubt in his wild imaginings he wanted to retain power and he wanted to fire up this crowd into a mob.  The mob is accountable for their actions.  As I have said elsewher they were riotous (some of them) and guilty of damage to property, assaulting police officers, trespassing, and reckless endangerment.  Also failure to obey lawful orders.  They were not disorganized, but they were not organized insurrectionist. They had no comand andn conttrol or even coherent objective. They were a mob.  As for Trump, I think his fevered imaginings had him believing the election was stolen and that the people would rise to his exhortations to keep him in power.  as was the case with him always his implentation of his imaginings was half baked and failed of its purpose.  As ever Trump was about Trump and trump is a petualent child with por impulse control andn subaverage intelligence who lives in a fantasy world.

I have no idea why Republicans would want to support a candidate who at this juncture would be a lame duck upon arrival, and one who would be divisive and subject to constant obstruction and to lawsuits galore.  They would be wise to ove on but their coalition cannot be described as wise right now, passioned yes, but not wise.  They would do well to try to identify teh wise among them as there may still be some and to follow them

“Identify the wise among them”. Huh? Are you not living through the wisdom of the other side? They gotta go. 

Just now, RLLD said:

I surmise that Pelosi etm were somewhat afraid that Trump would somehow use the National Guard to take over or something idiotic like that.  And that is why they refused to protect the Capital.

It could also be true that they saw an opportunity.  After watching BLM/Antifa rape major cities they hoped for something similar from this crowd.  Then they could pretend to be horrified, where they just sat back and smiled when the others did the same

well when you control the media, it helps you control all outcomes.  when history does not cooperate, the liberals change history.

4 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

sounds like next generation military-industrial-hollywood complex.  block out hours of prime time television for the complex to broadcast its presentation of self-justification and world view.

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

“Identify the wise among them”. Huh? Are you not living through the wisdom of the other side? They gotta go. 

So you believe that in a cohort which encompasses nearly 50% of the voting population there are no wise folks, or do you not care and simply want any who would identify with that cohort gone.  Me, I hope the adults within that cohort can bring the children to heel.

Does it make me a "bad conservative" if deep down I would be OK if this stuff ends up making Trump unelectable and paves the way for a "president Desantis"?     

I just can't find a way to be enthusiastic about a "Trump 2.0" presidential candidacy.   

9 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Not to pull my tinfoil hat too hard onto my head - But I actually think that Pelosi et al wanted this to happen and knew that if they had minimal security that increased the chances of it going bad.   

Pelosi knew that the 2020 summer of riots would be an albatross around their necks and prompting a riot at the Jan 6th thing would be the quickest way to nullify that.   

If you want to really go tinfoil hat - the Ray Epps and FBI at the protest things make a lot more sense in the light of this. . .

1 minute ago, Masshole said:

Not to pull my tinfoil hat too hard onto my head - But I actually think that Pelosi et al wanted this to happen and knew that if they had minimal security that increased the chances of it going bad.   

Pelosi knew that the 2020 summer of riots would be an albatross around their necks and prompting a riot at the Jan 6th thing would be the quickest way to nullify that.   

If you want to really go tinfoil hat - the Ray Epps and FBI at the protest things make a lot more sense in the light of this. . .

Hence, they opened the doors for anyone to go in as they please. 

No tinfoil hat needed to see this. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

So you believe that in a cohort which encompasses nearly 50% of the voting population there are no wise folks, or do you not care and simply want any who would identify with that cohort gone.  Me, I hope the adults within that cohort can bring the children to heel.

No I do not. I have no time for hope anymore. They gotta go, get out of power and regroup. This version is actually harming the country at every turn. They don’t do one  thing I support anymore. And they hate my existence. I tried hope and change. I just want the change now. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

No I do not. I have no time for hope anymore. They gotta go, get out of power and regroup. This version is actually harming the country at every turn. They don’t do one  thing I support anymore. And they hate my existence. I tried hood and change. I just want the change now. 

I know many who agree with that position.

1 hour ago, Alias Detective said:

That's not egg from what I've heard.

So I didn’t watch. Haven’t looked through this thread because fock that. Anything of importance happen during this? 

3 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

So I didn’t watch. Haven’t looked through this thread because fock that. Anything of importance happen during this? 

Liberals being liberals from what I hear. They are TDS level focused on Trump, and nothing else in regards to what is going on in this country. 

And taxpayer money is still paying them big wages for doing it. :dunno:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Alias Detective said:

@mooney can shove his liberal fact checkers up his trans students ass.

That's weird that you want to have adults fooking kids in the ass.

1 minute ago, Sean Mooney said:

That's weird that you want to have adults fooking kids in the ass.

He knows you groom it into them. :dunno:

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Masshole said:

Does it make me a "bad conservative" if deep down I would be OK if this stuff ends up making Trump unelectable and paves the way for a "president Desantis"?     

I just can't find a way to be enthusiastic about a "Trump 2.0" presidential candidacy.   

yes.