Cloaca du jour

Media Event!! Jan 6th Propaganda!! Tonight!! Official Thread!!

On 6/30/2022 at 2:13 PM, jerryskids said:

I've said this before, but IMO the main point of Beast-gate is that much of her testimony is heresay, and it brings the veracity of all of it up for question.  This is after all an inquisition and not a trial, so there is no defense case.

Also, I listened some more to her testimony.  I have no doubt that he wanted to go down to the Capitol.  Regarding the magnetometers, you could interpret that in one of two ways, depending on what movie you are watching (as Scott Adams has described).  In your movie, he was an evil dictator hoping for as many flagpoles to make it through to take over the country.  In my movie, he wasn't concerned for his own safety because he felt they were marching for him, and he wanted to be with his loyal followers.

I have never doubted the following:  Trump is a narcissistic petulant child, particularly when he doesn't get his way.  He loved the idea of a rally at the Capitol and wanted to be there to soak up the love.  He let it go on longer than he should have, because he loved the idea of people doing that stuff.  To the extent that is criminal, I'm fine with him being prosecuted.  Frankly the Georgia SoS election phone call is the most damning, potentially-criminal thing he did.

I also have no doubts of the following:  Trump was still butt hurt about the election.  But hdidn't plan a coup, he didn't work with Proud Boys or any other organization to foment a violent riot, he didn't really want Mike Pence killed by a dull prop guillotine.  But this is the movie that you seem to be watching, for sure @Fnord, so we will have to agree to disagree.

I've never been a huge Trumper, but I defend him here mostly because I believe the above (he is narcissistic and petulant, not an evil sociopath) but the MSM works 24/7 to paint him as the latter.  I really hope DeSantis gets the nod in 2024, but like Bill Barr, I'll vote for Trump over most any woke candidate the hard Left puts up.  :cheers: 

He wanted to stay in power. His plan might have been stupid (even though he is a stable genius). But it was still a plan to overturn an election result he didn’t like. That’s the definition of a coup attempt, and just because he did a worse job of it than Mr. Bean would have doesn’t excuse it.

They don’t let bank robbers go free if their plan turned out to be stupid and they got caught in the act. Hell, look at the news any day of the week and you can see some complete morons doing illegal stuff and getting caught due to their own stupidity. They still toss ‘em in jail.

Going down to the Capitol was illegal. His lawyers told him that. He tried to do it anyway. For Mike Pence to refuse to certify the votes also would have been illegal, and Trump also knew that. He knew for a fact that the rioters had weapons but he still encouraged them to March to the Capitol. Was it because he wanted violence at the Capitol or was it that he’s so reckless that he didn’t care? Either one is criminal.

If they decide to prosecute Trump, I wonder if his “I’m just a stupid narcissist” defense presented above will work. I’m pretty sure the “I’m so stupid that I really thought we could march into Russia in the winter” defense didn’t work at the Nuremberg trials. 

Each day I see more Republicans walking away from Trump. They should have dumped his ass during the 2021 impeachment vote in the Senate and moved on. He’s become a millstone around their neck. Look at Georgia. Kemp (not on Trump’s friends list) is in a dead heat with Abrams for governor. Meanwhile, Trump’s favorite football player Herschel Walker is 10 points behind Rafael Warnock for Senate.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, dogcows said:

He wanted to stay in power. His plan might have been stupid (even though he is a stable genius). But it was still a plan to overturn an election result he didn’t like. That’s the definition of a coup attempt, and just because he did a worse job of it than Mr. Bean would have doesn’t excuse it.

They don’t let bank robbers go free if their plan turned out to be stupid and they got caught in the act. Hell, look at the news any day of the week and you can see some complete morons doing illegal stuff and getting caught due to their own stupidity. They still toss ‘em in jail.

Going down to the Capitol was illegal. His lawyers told him that. He tried to do it anyway. For Mike Pence to refuse to certify the votes also would have been illegal, and Trump also knew that. He knew for a fact that the rioters had weapons but he still encouraged them to March to the Capitol. Was it because he wanted violence at the Capitol or was it that he’s so reckless that he didn’t care? Either one is criminal.

If they decide to prosecute Trump, I wonder if his “I’m just a stupid narcissist” defense presented above will work. I’m pretty sure the “I’m so stupid that I really thought we could march into Russia in the winter” defense didn’t work at the Nuremberg trials. 

Each day I see more Republicans walking away from Trump. They should have dumped his ass during the 2021 impeachment vote in the Senate and moved on. He’s become a millstone around their neck. Look at Georgia. Kemp (not on Trump’s friends list) is in a dead heat with Abrams for governor. Meanwhile, Trump’s favorite football player Herschel Walker is 10 points behind Rafael Warnock for Senate.

Sounds cut and dried, should we expect indictments tomorrow? I can't imagine we could let an insurrectionist president go unpunished.  :thumbsup:

There were agents the other day who were ready to rebut Hutchinson's testimony and there are reports today that there are two agents that corroborate Hutchinson's testimony. One did say though that they were not told Trump lunged at the steering wheel in so much as adamantly demanded to be taken to the Capitol while angrily pointing and reaching forward. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sean Mooney said:

There were agents the other day who were ready to rebut Hutchinson's testimony and there are reports today that there are two agents that corroborate Hutchinson's testimony. One did say though that they were not told Trump lunged at the steering wheel in so much as adamantly demanded to be taken to the Capitol while angrily pointing and reaching forward. 

You continue to give heresay equal weight to the people who were there?

6 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

You continue to give heresay equal weight to the people who were there?

Or- I'm just saying what I saw on the news report and not giving hearsay any weight in this particular instance. 

11 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Or- I'm just saying what I saw on the news report and not giving hearsay any weight in this particular instance. 

You serious Clark? :lol:

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

“The news report “.  Lol. 🤡

6 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

You serious Clark? :lol:

Are we not allowed to just post things we hear/read in the news in these threads?

I mean we have pages of threads devoted to stupid TikTok videos. 

6 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Are we not allowed to just post things we hear/read in the news in these threads?

I mean we have pages of threads devoted to stupid TikTok videos. 

You mean like the radio? Are those reports ok? Clown. 

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You mean like the radio? Are those reports ok? Clown. 

Your morning zoo reports of the news are nonsense. 

7 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Your morning zoo reports of the news are nonsense. 

I never said it was morning zoo. You did. I just said it was the news. You lose again clown. 🤡

58 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

I guess I'm asking you to give a little thought to what you read on Vox or whatever.  :dunno:

19 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I guess I'm asking you to give a little thought to what you read on Vox or whatever.  :dunno:

I don't think I've ever read anything on Vox.

You guys are funny though- I literally shared something I read and reported all of it including the part that says perhaps "grabbing for the steering wheel" didn't actually happen and you guys are so locked in on your agitation that you immediately are like "Hearsay" "BS" "I report morning zoo radio as fact" "Don't go to Vox."

It was literally just- hey I read this. No more, no less. 

12 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

You guys are funny though- I literally shared something I read and reported all of it including the part that says perhaps "grabbing for the steering wheel" didn't actually happen and you guys are so locked in on your agitation that you immediately are like "Hearsay" "BS" "I report morning zoo radio as fact" "Don't go to Vox."

We're not reacting to the "grabbing the steering wheel never happened" part, it was the "but... there were these other agents that corroborate Hutchinson with more heresay" part.  HTH.  :thumbsup: 

its a rumor mill run amok now.  every new headline of 1/6 is he said, she said.  my god.

43 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Yeah, the rest of us are listening to the morning zoo and you’re listening or watching that serious, fact filled media. Uh huh. I bet you think NPR is on the level. Or the BBC. Lol. Not that you watch or listen to either. 

33 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

We're not reacting to the "grabbing the steering wheel never happened" part, it was the "but... there were these other agents that corroborate Hutchinson with more heresay" part.  HTH.  :thumbsup: 

And I pointed out how the day before there were agents who were saying they could rebut it.....of course we don't know if they actually saw it or not either....

I literally said this is what one side said, this is what the other said and you guys are like "Hearsay" blah blah blah. Maybe read the post where a person is stating both sides and go from there. HTH :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

And I pointed out how the day before there were agents who were saying they could rebut it.....of course we don't know if they actually saw it or not either....

I literally said this is what one side said, this is what the other said and you guys are like "Hearsay" blah blah blah. Maybe read the post where a person is stating both sides and go from there. HTH :thumbsup:

The guys who said they could rebut it were the guys she claimed told her or were actually in the car. Their claim wasn’t hearsay 

2 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

Just when I thought you couldnt get any dumber.  The guys willing to testify arent just witnesses, they are the victims of the heinous attack.  You know, someone a real lawyer would call to the stand if they wanted to hear the truth.  

Locked in on agitation. 

It's sad at this point. 

Again- it was just: "Here's another story that ties into this." Nothing more, nothing less. Hell I even left out the part where the one agent who was willing to testify was classified as a "Trump ass kisser" by other Secret Service members. 

The select committee is presenting its best case scenario.  They are presenting their strongest evidence and ignoring contravening facts.  They are making their absolute best case to the American people.  If this is indeed their best case I am thus far unimpressed.  I have learned very little I did not know already by viewing the event live on the news when it happened.

BTW, most definitely not a Trump Supporter.  He is a venal man, unfit in temperment, intelligence, and of intellectual curiousity to be President. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Sounds cut and dried, should we expect indictments tomorrow? I can't imagine we could let an insurrectionist president go unpunished.  :thumbsup:

At this point, with ALL the evidence clearly laid out, Trump should face an execution. 
-FFT Liberals/Centrist

8 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

The select committee is presenting its best case scenario.  They are presenting their strongest evidence and ignoring contravening facts.  They are making their absolute best case to the American people.  If this is indeed their best case I am thus far unimpressed.  I have learned very little I did not know already by viewing the event live on the news when it happened.

BTW, most definitely not a Trump Supporter.  He is a venal man, unfit in temperment, intelligence, and of intellectual curiousity to be President. 

As opposed to..

7 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

Excuse me, sir. The bar has been EXTREMELY  lowered over the past 16 months. Every American would be lucky to have Trump in office today. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, avoiding injuries said:

Excuse me, sir. The bar has been EXTREMELY  lowered over the past 16 months. Every American would be lucky to have Trump in office today. 

While he may be the lesser of two evils, or rather two unqualified holders of the Office, between himself and Biden is no endorsement.  We would be lucky if we had a competent leader.  I will concede that we would be less unlucky than we currently are, financially in particular, but lucky, not so much. Sadly our best and brightest eschew politics for the most part and we are left to choose  from the loudest, not the most thoughtful.

2 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

While he may be the lesser of two evils, or rather two unqualified holders of the Office, between himself and Biden is no endorsement.  We would be lucky if we had a competent leader.  I will concede that we would be less unlucky than we currently are, financially in particular, but lucky, not so much. Sadly our best and brightest eschew politics for the most part and we are left to choose  from the loudest, not the most thoughtful.

I’ll never understand this way of thinking. Everything is about the method of delivery, not the results. Understandable for a party/administration/person who is always on the defense and unfairly targeted and lied about. 
I appreciate your concession, but what policy specifically did you disagree with?

17 hours ago, TimHauck said:

TBH I’m not sure why they’re trying to get him with this 1/6 stuff, I’m sure you could probably get him with some sort of tax evasion or something

Dude, is stepping on rakes a hobby for you?     You just proved the point that no matter how many times they say "we got him now" and nothing comes of it - there are suckers who will still say "I'm sure he's guilty".  

Did you know that the "tax evasion" stuff that they "got" his company for in NYC was for stuff like letting executives use parking spots for free but not declaring that as a taxable benefit?    Technically correct, it's a benefit to the employee and should be taxable but come on - that's what we are going to get our underwear in a twist about?     

The guy has been hauling in $ for his entire life.   Guys like that pay people to make sure they DON'T do anything stupid and get hit big fines or worse.    You really think he's going to put a multi-billion dollar empire at risk so he can scam a few bucks off of the price of a real estate purchase?      

You guys gotta settle on a narrative.   Trump is either an evil genius or the luckiest dumb guy ever.    Please pick one, I am getting whiplash from you guys see-sawing back and forth between the two.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, avoiding injuries said:

I’ll never understand this way of thinking. Everything is about the method of delivery, not the results. Understandable for a party/administration/person who is always on the defense and unfairly targeted and lied about. 
I appreciate your concession, but what policy specifically did you disagree with?

well, Trump is the runaway choice for president.  They would have to literally throw him in jail to change that.  The TDS Show is just turning him into the Teflon Candidate moreso than Reagan was.

1 minute ago, JustinCharge said:

how many episodes is The TDS Show, anyway?

Pretty sure it goes until November on an as needed basis. Let’s never forget they hired a Hollywood producer to stage this. I guess the truth isn’t enough.  

4 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

how many episodes is The TDS Show, anyway?

It's free political advertisement and pumps up / motivates the 'tards, so there's no need to ever end it.

im hoping the season finale is about the panel bringing in an astrologer who leads them to the Star Chamber where they divine Trump's innocence or GUILT.

23 hours ago, avoiding injuries said:

I did not necessarily disagree with policy decisions from his administration, but rather the execution thereof.  For instance I believe in a controlled border, in controlled inmigration.  I did not believe in wasting money building a border wall.  The GreatWwall of China did not work.  Hadrian's wall did not work, and neither would this.  Folks know how to go over or under or around physical walls.  They are costly and stupid,   symbols at best, and stupid ones at that. Now an electronically monitored border, a patrolled border, pursuit of prosecution for violators no matter where found or when discovered, that I can support, but simplistic symbols meant to appease the ignorant and inflame opposition, that is a waste of energy.  It divides and inflames and makes other accomplishments more difficult.  Trump's whole style was to make accomplishments more difficult as he mobilzed his opposition, always. 

Also those that support another run by Trump guarantee a lame duck administration, one likelu to want to litigate his previous adminstration and Biden's as well rather than moving forward.  I do not want to relitigate the past, I want us to address the present and to miove forward.  There are many who may argue that cannot happen until the past is correctly understood, but political litigation never brings the tyruth, at best it brings partisan truth,

Walls work. Saying they don’t is stupid. 

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

Also those that support another run by Trump guarantee a lame duck administration, one likelu to want to litigate his previous adminstration and Biden's as well rather than moving forward.  I do not want to relitigate the past, I want us to address the present and to miove forward.  There are many who may argue that cannot happen until the past is correctly understood, but political litigation never brings the tyruth, at best it brings partisan truth,

I am not sure what moving forward would mean anymore.  We have lost all agreement on what the foundation of this country is.  We used to be a country where would could all agree about individual freedoms, being able to freely express ideas, equal opportunity, a justice system which would treat all people equally.  Today's generation of leftists do not buy into any of those ideals.  They judge people based purely on race and ideology.  They want to regulate free speech based upon what they find offensive or what they judge as misinformation.  Equal treatment is now equal outcomes, at least when it suits their agenda.  Their mutilation of children to advance their obscene views on gender is down right criminal and inhumane.  

The divide in this country is so deep and it runs deeper than just some minor political differences.  We are divided by fundamental principles which were the basis of our union.  Trump was not the cause of this divide.  He was in fact a product of it.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

22 minutes ago, jonmx said:

I am not sure what moving forward would mean anymore.  We have lost all agreement on what the foundation of this country is.  We used to be a country where would could all agree about individual freedoms, being able to freely express ideas, equal opportunity, a justice system which would treat all people equally.  Today's generation of leftists do not buy into any of those ideals.  They judge people based purely on race and ideology.  They want to regulate free speech based upon what they find offensive or what they judge as misinformation.  Equal treatment is now equal outcomes, at least when it suits their agenda.  Their mutilation of children to advance their obscene views on gender is down right criminal and inhumane.  

The divide in this country is so deep and it runs deeper than just some minor political differences.  We are divided by fundamental principles which were the basis of our union.  Trump was not the cause of this divide.  He was in fact a product of it.  

👏👍

Victor Davis Hanson today:

For 120 days in summer 2020, violent protesters destroyed some $2 billion in property and injured 1,500 police officers in riots that led to over 35 deaths.  

Because blue-state mayors and governors saw BLM and Antifa instigators as useful street soldiers, most of those arrested were never tried in court. Street thugs paid no price for declaring themselves de facto owners of downtown areas of Seattle, which police themselves conceded were no-go zones. Why did public officials in blue states ignore the violence? They were certain that it enjoyed majority support among their leftwing constituencies. 

Indeed, some leftist icons cheered on the violence. Well after the failed attempt to storm the White House grounds, in June 2020, the Democratic candidate for vice president Kamala Harris warned us that protestors were “not going to let up, and they should not.” What did Harris mean by “should not?”—when she knew numerous protests that summer had ended in terrible violence? Was she reckless in the manner Trump was said to be by encouraging a demonstration on January 6? 

The architect of the “1619 Project” Nikole Hannah-Jones assured the nation that vast destruction of (someone else’s property) was not a real crime. CNN’s Chris Cuomo gushed that violent demonstrations and riots were American traditions. Were these national voices urging calm during weeks of violent rioting and looting? 

There were no investigations, no congressional committees, and no voices of outrage from the left-wing establishment over months of such carnage. Indeed, much of the organization of the violent protests was facilitated by social media that was apparently unbothered that the medium under their stewardship was used to torch and loot. 

https://amgreatness.com/2022/07/03/who-are-the-real-insurrectionists-2/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I am probably posting too many tweets, but good god is this one perfect: