Sign in to follow this  
Utilit99

Michigan middle school hides student's transgender status from parents

mooney gives this a big :thumbsup:

A Michigan public school is hiding the transgender status of a student from the parents, allowing the student to go by a different name and pronoun while directing teachers not to inform the mother of the student about the transition. 

In an email obtained by Fox News and addressed to teachers at Richards Middle School in Fraser, Mich., a school counselor warns teachers ahead of the school's parent teacher conferences to only use the student's "birth name" and "refer to the pronoun ‘he’" when talking to the student's mother. The counselor refers to the student, who is a biological male, by their chosen female name and pronoun throughout the email, but informs the teachers that the parent is unaware of this transition.

Reached for comment by Fox News this week, a spokesperson for Fraser Public Schools did not deny that the district was hiding the gender status from the student's parents, only telling Fox News that "the district is mindful of and compliant with its obligations under Title IX laws."

Reached for comment by Fox News this week, a spokesperson for Fraser Public Schools did not deny that the district was hiding the gender status from the student's parents, only telling Fox News that "the district is mindful of and compliant with its obligations under Title IX laws."

But it is unclear which provision of Title IX– a federal civil rights law that prohibits sex-based discrimination in schools – the district is following. Whether the protections afforded under Title IX extend to gender identity has been the subject of several federal lawsuits, while U.S. Department of Education guidance on the protections for transgender students has changed from administration to administration.

Blah blah blah....

https://www.foxnews.com/us/michigan-school-hides-student-transgender-parent

17 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

It’s not widespread. 

Nooooo. It's only going on in like 30 of the states. 

3 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

A Michigan public school is hiding the transgender status of a student from the parents, allowing the student to go by a different name and pronoun while directing teachers not to inform the mother of the student about the transition. 

My wife's middle school has had this rule for at least three years now...

Just now, posty said:

My wife's middle school has had this rule for at least three years now...

sad.

Fock. Fraser is full of normal people in Macomb County.  It's halfway between where I grew up and where CDub lives. This isn't retarded ass Royal Joke or some other blue area.

16 hours ago, Voltaire said:

Fock. Fraser is full of normal people in Macomb County.  It's halfway between where I grew up and where CDub lives. This isn't retarded ass Royal Joke or some other blue area.

Democrats have taught teachers and councilors that the kids in school are theirs and that they know what's best. 

Also, It's a huge stretch for the school to say this falls under Title IX. Hopefully they get sued and people lose their jobs/go to jail.

The GC: "Teachers should stay out of LGBTQ and sexual talks. Just teach."

(Story about school and teachers trying to stay out of these issues.)

The GC: "This school should be sued for not telling the parents stuff and they should get involved."

11 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

The GC: "This school should be sued for not telling the parents stuff and they should get involved."

:lol: 5/10.

19 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

The Geek Club says stay out of from LGBTQ stuff, just teach. The Geek Club also says, stay out of LGBTQ stuff and Just teach.

I think we're consistent on the gay stuff and I don't see the point you are trying to make.

• Like 1

Just now, Voltaire said:

The Geek Club says stay out of from LGBTQ stuff, just teach. The Geek Club also says, stay out of LGBTQ stuff and Just teach.

I think we're consistent on the gay stuff and I don't see the point you are trying to make.

I think this has been clear since day one. mooney struggles heavily with it. He's on the over defense radar. Meaning he's up to no good. 

27 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

I don’t think he even knows the point he’s trying to make. He’s not called Moron for no reason 

8 hours ago, Voltaire said:

"We're" not.

Like 2 of you are. The rest move the target as it sees fit. 

9 hours ago, Voltaire said:

Bingo

On 6/12/2022 at 2:07 PM, Sean Mooney said:

Pretty close, although it does seem this school isn’t quite staying out of this.  But besides tell the parents, I’m not sure what the GC thinks should be done here…demand to only call the kid by their birth name?

I’d phrase the relevant GC contradiction more like this:

GC: “Teachers should stay out of sexual talks and leave the teaching of that stuff to the parents”

Also the GC: “Some of these lib parents are teaching their kids to be gay or trans! They need their kids taken away!”

While the second point may be true in some cases, it’s of course also true that there are a lot of reasons straight parents might need their kids taken away too.  We don’t really know the details of this case.  It’s possible the student feared for their safety if the parents found out.

It’s not widespread. Until it is. 

Just a part of the lib agenda to have schools take over the parenting process. The kid obviously didn't learn to be trans at home. Doesn't express themselves as trans at home. Pure evil, no wonder libs here support it. Probably have no kids. 

7 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Just a part of the lib agenda to have schools take over the parenting process. The kid obviously didn't learn to be trans at home. Doesn't express themselves as trans at home. Pure evil, no wonder libs here support it. Probably have no kids. 

I have a suspicion that one of the enablers has a kid that is transforming. T&P’s. 

The school is actively perving the boy with gender ideology and deliberately keeping the parents out of the loop.

This is Macomb County, Michigan, not San Francisco. Hopefully local parents and community groups are paying attention because THIS IS NOT US.  It's unacceptable for a school in this community to do this. We don't play with this bullsh*t. Time to let the California pervs know they are not welcome in Fraser schools or the rest of Macomb County. I have every confidence that once the voters in Fraser catch wind of what's going on in their schools,  the school board will get a total overhaul and the counselor and middle school principal will be going out the door with them. Fock Off.

This focking grinds me. It's why we need a national divorce. Stay in San Francisco.

45 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Pretty close, although it does seem this school isn’t quite staying out of this.  But besides tell the parents, I’m not sure what the GC thinks should be done here…demand to only call the kid by their birth name?

I’d phrase the relevant GC contradiction more like this:

GC: “Teachers should stay out of sexual talks and leave the teaching of that stuff to the parents”

Also the GC: “Some of these lib parents are teaching their kids to be gay or trans! They need their kids taken away!”

While the second point may be true in some cases, it’s of course also true that there are a lot of reasons straight parents might need their kids taken away too.  We don’t really know the details of this case.  It’s possible the student feared for their safety if the parents found out.

It's almost like each situation should be handled on its own merit. 

3 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

And teachers and the school shouldn’t be involved in this stuff. It’s between a parent and their minor child. Minors do the to call the shots and no one should be enabling them. Do some math 

49 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I have a suspicion that one of the enablers has a kid that is transforming. T&P’s. 

There is certainly more going on than simple pushing of an agenda.  

The right wingers called it.  The lefties denied it.  Now it's right in our face. 

36 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Cool, so you agree with the school/board then.  From the article in the OP:

"But when reached by Fox News, a Michigan Department of Education spokesperson pointed out that the proposed guidance was never approved. The guidance that was ultimately approved by the State Board of Education advises districts to evaluate such matters on a "case-by-case basis."

"When students have not come out to their parent(s), a disclosure to parent(s) should be carefully considered on a case-by-case basis," the approved guidance reads. "School districts should consider the health, safety, and well-being of the student, as well as the responsibility to keep parents informed. Privacy considerations may vary with the age of the students."

53 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Cool, so you agree with the school/board then.  From the article in the OP:

"But when reached by Fox News, a Michigan Department of Education spokesperson pointed out that the proposed guidance was never approved. The guidance that was ultimately approved by the State Board of Education advises districts to evaluate such matters on a "case-by-case basis."

"When students have not come out to their parent(s), a disclosure to parent(s) should be carefully considered on a case-by-case basis," the approved guidance reads. "School districts should consider the health, safety, and well-being of the student, as well as the responsibility to keep parents informed. Privacy considerations may vary with the age of the students."

Sure.  Evaluate each situation on the facts.  If the school has no knowledge abuse, tell the parents.  Pretty simple.