Sign in to follow this  
AxeElf

Late Byes

I just noticed there are a lot of top-ranked players with byes in Weeks 13 and 14.

MOST leagues probably don't start their playoffs until Week 15, but if you have a 2-week-per-game playoff system (like ESPN's leagues, for instance), you could well have Round 1 of the Playoffs in Weeks 14-15.  And even if you don't, it would kind of suck to go into that last week or two of the season needing a win, and having your #1 or #2 draft pick on bye.

In order of ADP, notable players with Week 13 byes are:

Christian McCaffrey

James Conner

DJ Moore

Marquise Brown

Kyler Murray

DeAndre Hopkins

In order of ADP, notable players with Week 14 byes are:

Jonathan Taylor

Alvin Kamara

Aaron Jones

David Montgomery

Antonio Gibson

Kyle Pitts

Michael Pittman, Jr.

AJ Dillon

Terry McLaurin

Darnell Mooney

Michael Thomas

Cordarrelle Patterson

Caveat emptor.

Just two teams week 13, the Panthers and Cardinals, that's not bad at all

Week 14 though, 6 teams, Packers, Falcons, Commanders, Bears, Colts, and Saints. That does seem like a lot that late in the season.

Oh well, bye weeks are nothing new, they've just been scrambled a bit with the extra game.

That said, playoffs shouldn't start until week 15

The two week playoff game setting on ESPN can be changed

Yeah week 14 is a.massacre to fantasy teams. We'll just have to weather the storm.

4 hours ago, polecatt said:

Week 14 though, 6 teams, Packers, Falcons, Commanders, Bears, Colts, and Saints. That does seem like a lot that late in the season.

I'm wondering if this is a bit of a covid plan.

if (for example)a team has to cancell a game in week 7 they can just move the bye to week 7 and move the game to week 14.

if the bye is in week 4 they have to schedule an extra week.

I could be out to lunch on this but its the only logical reason I could think of for this.

39 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

if (for example)a team has to cancell a game in week 7 they can just move the bye to week 7 and move the game to week 14.

I could be out to lunch on this but its the only logical reason I could think of for this.

I don't know, perhaps, but to me it looks like a collection of bottom feeders and the Packers.

Perhaps they're thinking none of these teams will really be in playoff contention, and the Packers will already have their division wrapped up by week 14

1 hour ago, Ray_T said:

Might be.