Sign in to follow this  
KSB2424

The Tattoo **I don't get it**

Sure I'm 46 now but I never understood in my 20's either.

If you want to be artistic, then paint, draw, sculpt whatever.  If you are running from something and want to be rebellious then dye your hair or something that can be reversed.   I have never and still do not understand putting ink into your body, its nuts.  Don't get me wrong, I love art, music and the like but who the hell drives ink into their own body.  Weird. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

If you want to be artistic, then paint, draw, sculpt whatever.  If you are running from something and want to be rebellious then dye your hair or something that can be reversed.   I have never and still do not understand putting ink into your body, its nuts.  Don't get me wrong, I love art, music and the like but who the hell drives ink into their own body.  Weird. 

Agree completely.  

:thumbsup:

38 minutes ago, DonS said:

Why do you hate little people in white suits? 

They're plain! They're plain!

I've told this story before. I have a cousin who's on some Hoop-Dee-Doo special Federal task force. They just laugh at all these idiots who have tattoos. She's like, they might as well be wearing barcodes.

10 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

I agree.  I’m anti-tattoo.

At least you spelled it right

• Like 1

While stationed in San Diego I damn near got a tat of the US Navy ⚓. It was a drunken night spent in Tijuana. On the way back to base I was very close to doing it. Very torn now. Kinda wish I did, but glad I didn't.

13 hours ago, TommyGavin said:

Spell it right and we’ll talk. 

Ha!  I edited it.  

I mean, I don't have any and in general I agree.  buuuuuuuuuut, you said be rebellious dye your hair or something that can be reversed. If you don't go crazy with the tattoo, it can basically be reversed not as easily so I do get your point but it can be done.

there are certain tattoos I find pretty hot on women. full sleeves and tramp stamps need not apply. anything on the hands, or biceps, or calves need not apply. something small on the shoulder blade is okay, or around the ankle area.... and for whatever reason, I find side of body / rib cage to be hot. :dunno:

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

there are certain tattoos I find pretty hot on women.

👎  not me!

There’s a dude in my neighborhood, his oldest kid and my youngest kid are same age so naturally play outside together.  This gentleman seems normal for all intents and purposes, nice guy, seems family oriented.  However last summer we were at the pool  and said neighbor has a back tattoo, lower back tattoo…..what’s considered a tramp stamp.  It’s of bird or Angel wings just over the belt line.

I’m just not sure how to process this. 

12 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

There’s a dude in my neighborhood, his oldest kid and my youngest kid are same age so naturally play outside together.  This gentleman seems normal for all intents and purposes, nice guy, seems family oriented.  However last summer we were at the pool  and said neighbor has a back tattoo, lower back tattoo…..what’s considered a tramp stamp.  It’s of bird or Angel wings just over the belt line.

Does he order from the Postmates bottom menu? :unsure: 

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

has he invited you over for poker night?

Just now, WhiteWonder said:

has he invited you over for poker night?

Poker ? I don’t even know her !

In the Marines after boot camp you get 10 days of leave and then combat training. I remember when combat training started they made everyone line up and show off their brand new Marine tattoos so they could mock them. Everyone had basically the same three tattoos. It was then that I started to look at tattoos as just extremely cheesy.

People try to find reasons for them, some deep meaning to draw something on your body when in reality the only reason is "look at me".

1 hour ago, Reality said:

Few things worse than seeing/hearing a white guy talking Ebonics

Yo! Did y'all check me when that hottie was all up in my Kool-Aid? Yeah. I was looking to break off a little somethin'-somethin' but my crew gave me the 411 on that skank and she's all about the bling-bling.  Chris Griffin (Family Guy) 

It’s different. Just like everyone else. 

22 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

Saw a douche in at Vegas airport, white guy, tatted from neck to toe. Had a t-shirt "My tattoos don't like you either"  I bet his parents never hugged him

1 hour ago, edjr said:

Saw a douche in at Vegas airport, white guy, tatted from neck to toe. Had a t-shirt "My tattoos don't like you either"  I bet his parents never hugged him

Guy at my gym the other day had tattoos from shoulders to knuckles and all over his face - literally covering his bald head and face, every inch. I’ve seen him driving around the neighborhood in a big black truck with a set of bullhorns attached to the front. Either the ultimate badass or the biggest try hard ever. Dude is pretty jacked though.

getting a tattoo is like putting a bumper sticker on your car.  getting a ton of tattoos is like putting a ton of bumper stickers on your car.  both symbolize a lack of self control.

3 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

getting a tattoo is like putting a bumper sticker on your car.  getting a ton of tattoos is like putting a ton of bumper stickers on your car.  both symbolize a lack of self control.

It symbolizes that you have failed to learn one of the key lessons of adulthood... That you aren't special and that nobody gives a fock what you think.

10 hours ago, posty said:

Tattoos are gross and they just look even worse on a woman...

100% agree. Always had a thing for this girl who's worked at the hospital I've worked at for 20+ years. But she's gotten more and more tattoos over the years, she has like more then 40 now I believe. On her arms, legs, everywhere. Focking disgusting. Such a turn-off.