Sign in to follow this  
Nomad99

No.....it's not a widespread problem 🙄

Nope, not at all.  It only affects the ones it’s affecting. 

This beast definitely has a "widespread" problem:

Maybe we should thank our lucky stars this painted Jabba the Hut look-alike didn't choose to also promote her obese "body positivity, too, but the manner in which she so flippantly admits to what she's doing demonstrates just how comfortable she feels about the subject matter.

Lady seems weird, but all she said was she wants the kids to wear rainbow lei's.

Also, preschool is basically just glorified daycare.  Highly doubt she's getting paid "via our tax dollars" as the article claims, as most preschools are for-profit, and parents of course can choose which ones to send their kids to.  That usually involves meeting the teachers prior to the start of the year, so anyone sending their kid to this place knew this person was one of the teachers.

7 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Lady seems weird, but all she said was she wants the kids to wear rainbow lei's.

Also, preschool is basically just glorified daycare.  Highly doubt she's getting paid "via our tax dollars" as the article claims, as most preschools are for-profit, and parents of course can choose which ones to send their kids to.  That usually involves meeting the teachers prior to the start of the year, so anyone sending their kid to this place knew this person was one of the teachers.

Get em when they are still kids. That's how you indoctrinate fully. 

8 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Get em when they are still kids. That's how you indoctrinate fully. 

Easy solution: don't pay to send your kids to a preschool with teachers that look like her

1 minute ago, TimHauck said:

Easy solution: don't pay to send your kids to a preschool with teachers that look like her

Don't send your kid to any public school. If you can't afford a good education for your children, then don't have kids until you can. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Don't send your kid to any public school. If you can't afford a good education for your children, then don't have kids until you can. 

Preschool isn’t public school though

33 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Preschool isn’t public school though

Never heard of universal pre-k? Your ignorance is astounding. 

• Thanks 1

What school does she work for? I’m not convinced this person is a teacher at all.

7 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Never heard of universal pre-k? Your ignorance is astounding. 

You mean the proposal that Dems want but doesn’t really exist except for for some low-income people?

1 minute ago, TimHauck said:

You mean the proposal that Dems want but doesn’t really exist except for for some low-income people?

Your ignorance is astounding. 900 million for it in NY. It’s open to everyone in the districts that have it. PS, that 900 million is tax payers money. Your ignorance is almost as funny as your arrogance. Red state Florida has it too. 

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Your ignorance is astounding. 900 million for it in NY. It’s open to everyone in the districts that have it. PS, that 900 million is tax payers money. Your ignorance is almost as funny as your arrogance. Red state Florida has it too. 

I like how you constantly throw out examples from NYC as if it is representative of the rest of the country.  For the most part, free pre-K is really only a thing for some low-income people.

15 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

I like how you constantly throw out examples from NYC as if it is representative of the rest of the country.  For the most part, free pre-K is really only a thing for some low-income people.

Yeah, it’s only the poor kids. They should take what they can get. Also, I said NY. It’s a state,  not a city. 

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yeah, it’s only the poor kids. They should take what they can get. Also, I said NY. It’s a state,  not a city. 

I didn't say it should only be for poor kids (although honestly, yeah it probably should).   But that's how it is currently in like 95% of the country.

Why did it make it about itself? It’s birthday? It’s gayness? Is it the only teacher in America who thinks it’s not about the kids? 

9 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Why did it make it about itself? It’s birthday? It’s gayness? Is it the only teacher in America who thinks it’s not about the kids? 

OH NO SHE'S GROOMING THEM TO BE SELFISH!!

If anyone wants more information:

"Fox & Friends Weekend" co-host Pete Hegseth details the "destruction" of government education and how the left has weaponized the classroom as a means to control the political sphere in his new book, "Battle for the American Mind.

10 hours ago, Baker Boy said:

"Fox & Friends Weekend" co-host Pete Hegseth details the "destruction" of government education and how the left has weaponized the classroom as a means to control the political sphere in his new book, "Battle for the American Mind.

So he’s a Grifter, cool

10 hours ago, Baker Boy said:

Heard him on the radio yesterday.  Sick people out there. and they have access to children 10 months a year. 

16 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

If parents are given vouchers and school choice, parents could choose the schools they want their kids attending. If your local school has teachers like this... find a different one.

28 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

If parents are given vouchers and school choice, parents could choose the schools they want their kids attending. If your local school has teachers like this... find a different one.

As I alluded to in the other thread, if school choice allows more poor kids to attend rich schools, I have a sneaky suspicion that will make the right more upset than ~0.01% of teachers talking about being gay or trans.

34 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

As I alluded to in the other thread, if school choice allows more poor kids to attend rich schools, I have a sneaky suspicion that will make the right more upset than ~0.01% of teachers talking about being gay or trans.

You'd be overwhelmingly wrong. You couldn't be more wrong. Conservatives across the board support school choice and are the ones making this a central theme of education policy. There are a few reasons for this and allowing poor kids into rich schools, is seen as a plus. People want children to get good schooling.  The conservative argument against affirmative action revolves around addressing equal access, not equal outcomes and this fits in easily. What they wouldn't want is any disruptive behavior common/tolerated in the bad/failing schools to follow along.

Other big reasons is they do it to facilitate escaping radical gender ideology and critical race theory in schools. Starving woke schools of students and money and rewarding schools that don't promote such things would be a huge win for the entire society, it may be what saves a society that needs saving.

• Thanks 1

My kids are in a Catholic school with what is now a long waiting list. Sorry Topher, get in line. Also, you have to go to church on Fridays. 

1 hour ago, TimHauck said:

"Rich schools"?

"~0.01%"? 

WTF are you mumbling on about?

Does Tim think it's okay for a teacher to actively and consciously sneak gay symbols into school activities if the teacher isn't being paid with tax dollars?

I'm not even sure why how they get paid is relevant.  Isn't the point that a person in a position of authority over young kids has an agenda to influence them towards her personal lifestyle?

Has Been Christina Aguilera performed in front of kids at a pride event wearing a dilldo.  

1 hour ago, Voltaire said:

You'd be overwhelmingly wrong. You couldn't be more wrong. Conservatives across the board support school choice and are the ones making this a central theme of education policy. There are a few reasons for this and allowing poor kids into rich schools, is seen as a plus. People want children to get good schooling.  The conservative argument against affirmative action revolves around addressing equal access, not equal outcomes and this fits in easily. What they wouldn't want is any disruptive behavior common/tolerated in the bad/failing schools to follow along.

Other big reasons is they do it to facilitate escaping radical gender ideology and critical race theory in schools. Starving woke schools of students and money and rewarding schools that don't promote such things would be a huge win for the entire society, it may be what saves a society that needs saving.

Conservatives want school choice because they want more charter options (the Seattle 1st Grade Pride class was in a charter school btw).

They don’t want outsiders to be able to attend their “neighborhood” schools.

51 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

"Rich schools"?

"~0.01%"? 

WTF are you mumbling on about?

Schools in the majority of the country are based on neighborhood zones, where performance is largely driven by the incomes of those attending.  True “school choice” should allow kids outside of those zones to attend, but I know the people currently attending those schools won’t like that.

7 minutes ago, nobody said:

Does Tim think it's okay for a teacher to actively and consciously sneak gay symbols into school activities if the teacher isn't being paid with tax dollars?

I'm not even sure why how they get paid is relevant.  Isn't the point that a person in a position of authority over young kids has an agenda to influence them towards her personal lifestyle?

I didn’t say it was OK.  But the majority of preschools are for-profit (and don’t require much training to be a “teacher”), so it should be easy for parents to leave if they don’t like it.

12 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Conservatives want school choice because they want more charter options (the Seattle 1st Grade Pride class was in a charter school btw).

They don’t want outsiders to be able to attend their “neighborhood” schools.

Wrong. Wrong WRONG.

Watch until the end to see where the applause is coming from and who the real problem is when it comes to school choice, who wants real opportunities for kids and who want to leave them stuck in crappy failing public schools.

36 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Schools in the majority of the country are based on neighborhood zones, where performance is largely driven by the incomes of those attending.  True “school choice” should allow kids outside of those zones to attend, but I know the people currently attending those schools won’t like that.

This is the left's position not the right's you're projecting your own (quasi-racist?) ideas onto the other side. Republicans are the party of equal opportunity and colorblindness. Democrats the party of "blacks are too stupid to take care of themselves so we need to treat them like pets, but keep them away from my kids."

5 hours ago, TimHauck said:

So he’s a Grifter, cool

There is something about understanding that can comfort you, even if you don’t like what you understand.

43 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

This is the left's position not the right's you're projecting your own (quasi-racist?) ideas onto the other side. Republicans are the party of equal opportunity and colorblindness. Democrats the party of "blacks are too stupid to take care of themselves so we need to treat them like pets, but keep them away from my kids."

I didn't say anything about race.  But just to confirm, you (edit: and it seems you are also speaking for Republicans) are on board with school choice that would allow poor kids currently zoned to poor performing public schools to attend public schools in more affluent areas outside of their designated school zone?

23 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

I didn't say anything about race.  But just to confirm, you (edit: and it seems you are also speaking for Republicans) are on board with school choice that would allow poor kids currently zoned to poor performing public schools to attend public schools in more affluent areas outside of their designated school zone?

YES

How many times do I have to say yes? Is this the 4th or 5th time? I've got a two minute of  President Trump saying exactly that and the entire Republican delegation applauding him for it while Democrats sit on their hands.

4 hours ago, TimHauck said:

I didn’t say it was OK.  But the majority of preschools are for-profit (and don’t require much training to be a “teacher”), so it should be easy for parents to leave if they don’t like it.

So your saying if the parents don't like it, they should leave the pre-school.  That's certainly an option.  The implication is the behavior shouldn't necessarily be fixed and that it is endorsed by the school.  Instead of shrugging and looking for a new preschool, why not fix the problem of teachers imposing their personal viewpoints on children?

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

YES

In general but there are conditions.

I think getting the Union out of schools is the most important first step.

21 hours ago, nobody said:

So your saying if the parents don't like it, they should leave the pre-school.  That's certainly an option.  The implication is the behavior shouldn't necessarily be fixed and that it is endorsed by the school.  Instead of shrugging and looking for a new preschool, why not fix the problem of teachers imposing their personal viewpoints on children?

The point is preschools are a business for 95%+ of the country.  Businesses should be allowed to operate as they please for the most part right?  

The free market should determine if teachers like this are accepted by the general public. If it’s coming from the school, yeah choose (SCHOOL CHOICE!!) a different school.  If it’s coming from the specific teacher and you don’t want to leave the school, express your concern and try to get them removed.  I’m sure part of the problem is “preschool teachers” don’t require much training and I’m not sure if pays much if any better than fast food.  So if you don’t want your preschool to go woke, you might need to go broke paying for a fancy one that isn’t.

21 hours ago, Voltaire said:

YES

How many times do I have to say yes? Is this the 4th or 5th time? I've got a two minute of  President Trump saying exactly that and the entire Republican delegation applauding him for it while Democrats sit on their hands.

21 hours ago, Baker Boy said:

YES

In general but there are conditions.

I think getting the Union out of schools is the most important first step.

Awesome.  I will remember this thread if this ever gets implemented on a bigger scale and will bump it with all the “protect our neighborhood schools” protests…

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Awesome.  I will remember this thread if this ever gets implemented on a bigger scale and will bump it with all the “protect our neighborhood schools” protests…

Why would someone have a "protect our neighborhood schools" protest?