Sign in to follow this  
Nomad99

No.....it's not a widespread problem 🙄

23 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Having insufficient income is literally the definition of poor. But now your adding in other demographics. 

And I asked you "based solely on income?", and you misread it as " based solely on race?".  Maybe your subconscious is surfacing and that's the real issue and not some  bogeymen on a message board.

You're misreading.   I said it's poor people that rich people don't want in their schools.  But I don't know if it's the fact that they're poor as the reason why.

1 hour ago, Utilit99 said:

I don't get it. Around the corner from where I live people have $2-3 million homes. I can't afford that. I'm not running around screaming "PRIVILEGE". 

I had brothers who went to crappy public schools. They all succeeded.

Take care of business at home and usually life turns out fine.

You didn't go to the same school as your brothers?

13 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

You're misreading.   I said it's poor people that rich people don't want in their schools.  But I don't know if it's the fact that they're poor as the reason why.

You saw the word RACE where I typed INCOME and I'm the one misreading?  

So they don't want poor people, but you're not if if being poor is why?  

The Covid thread has officially driven you insane.

1 minute ago, Fireballer said:

You saw the word RACE where I typed INCOME and I'm the one misreading?  Whatever man.

Huh?  I'm the one that said income (being poor) first.  And you said "really? is that the sole reason?" which to me seemed to imply that you didn't disagree, but that there were other reasons.  I mentioned that race could be PART of the reason, but was not talking specifically about you.

1 hour ago, Utilit99 said:

Take care of business at home and usually life turns out fine.

This is generally true for people that come from a good home.  But getting kids that don't come from a good home into better schools definitely helps, although no it doesn't always help everyone.

11 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

You didn't go to the same school as your brothers?

Not high school. And for some not grade school.

3 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

And you said "really? is that the sole reason?"

No.  I said "Really?  Based solely on income?" I literally typed the word income.  And then, today, you made an apparent Fruedian slip and misquoted me as asking "based solely on race?" 

51 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

I don't want poor people at my kids school because in general poor people are dumb. They make dumb kids and cause more trouble than they are worth. They think if they send their kid to a "good" school their kid will do well. In most cases, they won't and just bring down the other kids. 

I am firmly against school of choice and other than paying for private/church school I don't know why Republicans are for it.

Parents who send their kids to private schools are better parents.  And it shows. 

4 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

No.  I said "Really?  Based solely on income?" I literally typed the word income.  And then, today, you made an apparent Fruedian slip and misquoted me as asking "based solely on race?" 

So you weren't implying there were other reasons besides income when you said that? 

And once again, I was not talking specifically about you when I brought up race.   And never said "solely on race," in fact I specifically said it "could be PART of the reason."

Just now, TimHauck said:

So you weren't implying there were other reasons besides income when you said that? 

And once again, I was not talking specifically about you when I brought up race.   And never said "solely on race," in fact I specifically said it "could be PART of the reason."

I was literally asking you if being poor was the sole reason that rich people don't want outside kids coming in.   And then you respond back as I "admitted" something.  Then, today, you misquoted me as asking "based solely on race?".  You're apparently fixated on race when you misread "income" as "race", and your response to that post supports it.  Maybe you don't want poor black people in your school, and can't fathom that's there's others out here that don't give a fuk who comes just as long as they don't upset the educational experience for others.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

"Another person that doesn't get it" moment again right?

Just now, Sean Mooney said:

"Another person that doesn't get it" moment again right?

You need another "L" like you took yesterday?  Or are you just still confused on Twitter logarithms?

3 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

You need another "L" like you took yesterday?  Or are you just still confused on Twitter logarithms?

Still waiting on you to explain how social media works since it is different than what I and gutterpedo said....even though you in a roundabout way agreed with the same thing yesterday.

Are you not wearing your oxygen mask into fires anymore?

4 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Still waiting on you to explain how social media works

Today's "teachers" need to go to random chat rooms to figure out how the internet works. Great. 

8 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Still waiting on you to explain how social media works since it is different than what I and gutterpedo said....even though you in a roundabout way agreed with the same thing yesterday.

Nice

12 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Are you disputing Hawkeye's claim that I see user content only from people that I specifically follow?

Are you disputing Hawkeye's claim that I see user content only from people that I specifically follow?

You answer my questions first then I'll answer yours. I've more than held up my end of the bargain. 

I was literally asking you if being poor was the sole reason that rich people don't want outside kids coming in.   And then you respond back as I "admitted" something.  Then, today, you misquoted me as asking "based solely on race?".  You're apparently fixated on race when you misread "income" as "race", and your response to that post supports it.  Maybe you don't want poor black people in your school, and can't fathom that's there's others out here that don't give a fuk who comes just as long as they don't upset the educational experience for others.

Lol at you talking about me misquoting you.  Pot, kettle.

Multiple people in this thread have already admitted they don’t want poor people in their school.

Lol at you talking about me misquoting you.  Pot, kettle.

Multiple people in this thread have already admitted they don’t want poor people in their school.

Where did I misquote you?  

Just now, Fireballer said:

Where did I misquote you?  

You keep saying I said “based solely on race.”  Quote where I said that please.

You keep saying I said “based solely on race.”  Quote where I said that please.

You misquoted my question.  

13 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

You answer my questions first then I'll answer yours. I've more than held up my end of the bargain. 

LMAO...how old are you?  "You first".  What an infantile sad fuk you ate.

@Hawkeye21 literally used these words yesterday.  He's one of the most neutral guys here.  Why would he lie?

On Twitter, all I see are the people I follow and what they retweet or liked.  

13 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

LMAO...how old are you?  "You first".  What an infantile sad fuk you ate.

@Hawkeye21 literally used these words yesterday.  He's one of the most neutral guys here.  Why would he lie?

On Twitter, all I see are the people I follow and what they retweet or liked.  

Which is literally what I told you. Your social media accounts will take shape based off of what you follow, and view, and like, and what the people you follow- view and like. Social media tries to winnow you down into what choices you make. It's why my social media feeds don't look like yours, or anyone else's. It's also why I don't see tranny content because a.) I don't follow people sharing it, b.) I would delete those accounts if they did and c.) I'm not clicking on the links to things if I saw it. 

Thank you for finally agreeing with me 2 weeks later. You could've saved yourself looking so foolish. 

• Confused 1

You misquoted my question.  

Cool, thanks for confirming I never said it was solely about race

9 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Which is literally what I told you. Your social media accounts will take shape based off of what you follow, and view, and like, and what the people you follow- view and like. Social media tries to winnow you down into what choices you make. It's why my social media feeds don't look like yours, or anyone else's. It's also why I don't see tranny content because a.) I don't follow people sharing it, b.) I would delete those accounts if they did and c.) I'm not clicking on the links to things if I saw it. 

Thank you for finally agreeing with me 2 weeks later. You could've saved yourself looking so foolish. 

This is how Twitter, themselves, describe it.

A stream of Tweets from accounts you have chosen to follow on Twitter, as well as recommendations of other content we think you might be interested in based on accounts you interact with frequently, Tweets you engage with, and more.”

Do you see the word CHOSEN there dumba$$??? That means me deciding to follow an account, by seeking it out, not "based on". The "accounts you interact with frequently" is canceled by chronological order.  Lastly, I don't "engage" with any tweets so I don't see content "based on" likes or retweets.  So, the fact still remains, you don't know how Twitter works.  

4 hours ago, Fireballer said:

This is how Twitter, themselves, describe it.

A stream of Tweets from accounts you have chosen to follow on Twitter, as well as recommendations of other content we think you might be interested in based on accounts you interact with frequently, Tweets you engage with, and more.”

Do you see the word CHOSEN there dumba$$??? That means me deciding to follow an account, by seeking it out, not "based on". The "accounts you interact with frequently" is canceled by chronological order.  Lastly, I don't "engage" with any tweets so I don't see content "based on" likes or retweets.  So, the fact still remains, you don't know how Twitter works.  

You are so dumb it actively hurts others.

Or do you honestly not see how the word "chosen" is implied in that? I mean it would explain a lot if you were just dumb

25 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

You are so dumb it actively hurts others.

Or do you honestly not see how the word "chosen" is implied in that? I mean it would explain a lot if you were just dumb

This is getting so stupid. I can't believe I've allowed an idiot like you that doesn't even know the difference between logarithm/algorithm drag me to this level.  Once and for all Mooney, what content is sent to me "based on" me clicking on tweets of people I follow?  

This is getting so stupid. I can't believe I've allowed an idiot like you that doesn't even know the difference between logarithm/algorithm drag me to this level.  Once and for all Mooney, what content is sent to me "based on" me clicking on tweets of people I follow?  

You have been told. You've read it. You've agreed with it. 

At this point you just want to argue and not admit I was right. Which I'm fine with taking as my victory.

Just now, Sean Mooney said:

At this point you just want to argue and not admit I was right. Which I'm fine with taking as my victory.

Again, infantile behavior...cant even answer a fukin question like an adult. But please keep following me around in threads like you always do, apparently my resistance to your stupidity arouses you.

Again, infantile behavior...cant even answer a fukin question like an adult. But please keep following me around in threads like you always do, apparently my resistance to your stupidity arouses you.

How many times must I answer the question with facts before you accept them or actually listen? Give me a number.

11 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

How many times must I answer the question with facts before you accept them or actually listen? Give me a number.

mooney is right up there with mdcack as far as smarts.

Let’s just go ahead and let Mooney have the win. He needs one. It’s sort of like when I play connect 4 with my 5 year old. 

4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Let’s just go ahead and let Mooney have the win. He needs one. It’s sort of like when I play connect 4 with my 5 year old. 

I'm tired of winning almost after all the W's I get against you. 

5 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

I'm tired of winning almost after all the W's I get against you. 

Yeah. You think Covid can’t be transmitted by people who walk into this country. It’s magic. Who knew? 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yeah. You think Covid can’t be transmitted by people who walk into this country. It’s magic. Who knew? 

I see you still think making things up constitutes a win. 

1 hour ago, Sean Mooney said:

I see you still think making things up constitutes a win. 

Oh, then tell us why people on planes has to be tested, but not people walking in. Take another crack at it. Type slow. 

30 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Oh, then tell us why people on planes has to be tested, but not people walking in. Take another crack at it. Type slow. 

That is not what I said. Be honest for once in your sad life. 

46 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

That is not what I said. Be honest for once in your sad life. 

What did you say? I could be wrong. Maybe I mixed you up with someone even dumber, like Hack. Let’s hear it. 

13 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

What did you say? I could be wrong. Maybe I mixed you up with someone even dumber, like Hack. Let’s hear it. 

The most I said is there is probably a higher chance of contracting COVID in a closed space on a plane than walking in an open air scenario outside. 

You turned that into "He said people walking in did not need to be tested for COVID."

15 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

The most I said is there is probably a higher chance of contracting COVID in a closed space on a plane than walking in an open air scenario outside. 

You turned that into "He said people walking in did not need to be tested for COVID."

It was little more detailed and a lot more retarded than that. Nice try though. Even so, you fail to take volume into account. 

• Haha 1