Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
taco breath

ever eat a pickled pigs foot?

Recommended Posts

:shudder:

You really should try them. You can eat pickled pigs' feet straight out of a jar with a knife and fork. Pig feet are low in fat and (the edible parts) are very high in protein, particularly Collagen in tendons and skin. This is considered by many authorities to be very good for joints and skin health.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, taco breath said:

:shudder:

You really should try them. You can eat pickled pigs' feet straight out of a jar with a knife and fork. Pig feet are low in fat and (the edible parts) are very high in protein, particularly Collagen in tendons and skin. This is considered by many authorities to be very good for joints and skin health.

I'm sure you have eaten your share of pickled pigs cacks. Probably even mdcack's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep. It’s a southern thing. My grandma on my dads side would gnaw on chickens feet. Of course they grew up poor on a farm so they ate whatever they could. Dad is prob older than most ppl here. He turns 80 this November 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My now dead FIL would eat those, pickled eggs and 3 pitchers of beer at the bar during dart tournaments. JFC his farts would make a billy goat puke. RIP Smokey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's called pickled pigs feet.  I don't care if you only eat one, and yes I know how the English language works.  The answer is yes, but only once way back in the day as a teenager.  

ETA:  actually seems like a cool spermoff....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My grandmother lived on a farm and wouldn’t eat turkey, chicken, ducks, but loved pigs feet🤷🏻‍♂️

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

My now dead FIL would eat those, pickled eggs and 3 pitchers of beer at the bar during dart tournaments. JFC his farts would make a billy goat puke. RIP Smokey

Yeah, seriously. There's a college bar we all went to. And you pretty much knew how drunk you were by whether you ate pickled eggs or jumped up to pickled pigs feet. But God damn, the pickled eggs and draft beer? Holy mother of christ, there would be a green fog just kind of hanging out in the dorm room in the morning afterwards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/14/2022 at 7:26 PM, KSB2424 said:

It's called pickled pigs feet.  I don't care if you only eat one, and yes I know how the English language works.  The answer is yes, but only once way back in the day as a teenager.  

ETA:  actually seems like a cool spermoff....

so, you have had one pickled pigs feet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep.  And there’s a surprising amount of tasty meat in there.  Pickled smoked hocks are superb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, MLCKAA said:

Yep.  And there’s a surprising amount of tasty meat in there.  Pickled smoked hocks are superb.

I'll Grant you the hocks. I think they're probably the cheapest and best overall source of protein in the meat market.

 

The feet?  Worthless. It's just a notch above chicken feet. You get only slightly less meat gnawing on your fork. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, taco breath said:

so, you have had one pickled pigs feet.

Yes, well maybe it was half of one. 

I see them in most grocery stores even today, always jarred. North Carolina. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

The hard part is finding a pickled pig. Cuz they're all drunk and wobbly and you know porky and whatnot.

Look in ther mirror. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Yes, well maybe it was half of one. 

I see them in most grocery stores even today, always jarred. North Carolina. 

Down here it's the raunchy little convenient stores or obscure Mexican markets - can for sure find them there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does sucking the toes of Amy Schumer count?

 

Pretty sure that pig's been pickled the better part of her life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, taco breath said:

i guess it's the thought of pigs standing in poo they're whole life that's a turn off.

For me, it's the thought of those poor bastards missing feet and forced to roll around on skateboards.🙁

 

Hence the term, pork roll.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, taco breath said:

please dont ask where those sausage casings come from.

it's the reservoir tip that's a little off-putting. 🤢

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×