Sign in to follow this  
taco breath

ever eat a pickled pigs foot?

:shudder:

You really should try them. You can eat pickled pigs' feet straight out of a jar with a knife and fork. Pig feet are low in fat and (the edible parts) are very high in protein, particularly Collagen in tendons and skin. This is considered by many authorities to be very good for joints and skin health.

5 minutes ago, taco breath said:

:shudder:

You really should try them. You can eat pickled pigs' feet straight out of a jar with a knife and fork. Pig feet are low in fat and (the edible parts) are very high in protein, particularly Collagen in tendons and skin. This is considered by many authorities to be very good for joints and skin health.

I'm sure you have eaten your share of pickled pigs cacks. Probably even mdcack's.

Yep. It’s a southern thing. My grandma on my dads side would gnaw on chickens feet. Of course they grew up poor on a farm so they ate whatever they could. Dad is prob older than most ppl here. He turns 80 this November 

My now dead FIL would eat those, pickled eggs and 3 pitchers of beer at the bar during dart tournaments. JFC his farts would make a billy goat puke. RIP Smokey

It's called pickled pigs feet.  I don't care if you only eat one, and yes I know how the English language works.  The answer is yes, but only once way back in the day as a teenager.  

ETA:  actually seems like a cool spermoff....

My grandmother lived on a farm and wouldn’t eat turkey, chicken, ducks, but loved pigs feet🤷🏻‍♂️

31 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

My now dead FIL would eat those, pickled eggs and 3 pitchers of beer at the bar during dart tournaments. JFC his farts would make a billy goat puke. RIP Smokey

Yeah, seriously. There's a college bar we all went to. And you pretty much knew how drunk you were by whether you ate pickled eggs or jumped up to pickled pigs feet. But God damn, the pickled eggs and draft beer? Holy mother of christ, there would be a green fog just kind of hanging out in the dorm room in the morning afterwards.

On 6/14/2022 at 7:26 PM, KSB2424 said:

It's called pickled pigs feet.  I don't care if you only eat one, and yes I know how the English language works.  The answer is yes, but only once way back in the day as a teenager.  

ETA:  actually seems like a cool spermoff....

so, you have had one pickled pigs feet.

Yep.  And there’s a surprising amount of tasty meat in there.  Pickled smoked hocks are superb.

8 minutes ago, MLCKAA said:

Yep.  And there’s a surprising amount of tasty meat in there.  Pickled smoked hocks are superb.

I'll Grant you the hocks. I think they're probably the cheapest and best overall source of protein in the meat market.

The feet?  Worthless. It's just a notch above chicken feet. You get only slightly less meat gnawing on your fork. 

Not a big fan...........but I'm all about pickled hard boiled eggs. 

8 hours ago, taco breath said:

so, you have had one pickled pigs feet.

Yes, well maybe it was half of one. 

I see them in most grocery stores even today, always jarred. North Carolina. 

The hard part is finding a pickled pig. Cuz they're all drunk and wobbly and you know porky and whatnot.

17 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

The hard part is finding a pickled pig. Cuz they're all drunk and wobbly and you know porky and whatnot.

Look in ther mirror. 

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Yes, well maybe it was half of one. 

I see them in most grocery stores even today, always jarred. North Carolina. 

Down here it's the raunchy little convenient stores or obscure Mexican markets - can for sure find them there. 

To be fair, not much different then sardines.  It pairs well with beer and crackers. 

i guess it's the thought of pigs standing in poo their whole life that's a turn off.

Does sucking the toes of Amy Schumer count?

Pretty sure that pig's been pickled the better part of her life.

20 minutes ago, taco breath said:

i guess it's the thought of pigs standing in poo they're whole life that's a turn off.

For me, it's the thought of those poor bastards missing feet and forced to roll around on skateboards.🙁

Hence the term, pork roll.

please dont ask where those sausage casings come from.

12 minutes ago, taco breath said:

please dont ask where those sausage casings come from.

it's the reservoir tip that's a little off-putting. 🤢