Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

Bugs Bunny

Wondering if anybody has ever seen a book that provides an academic analysis of Bugs Bunny and the Warner Brothers cartoons.

I'll give you an example, the whole thing about the abominable snowman ( by the way that's on right now on Nickelodeon or something. ) That's actually an extremely clever adaptation of Steinbecks Of Mice and Men. The Snowman is Lenny.

I know they're probably many things like that that I'm missing. Like the 'Leopold' episode. And I would really love to find a DVD or a YouTube or what the hell ever, (God forbid  an actual book.) That delves into that. 

I really do love that cartoons like that work on multiple levels. It's one of the reasons that I still absolutely adore the writing on Animaniacs. God, there's some absolute brilliance in that writing. And it not only carried the flag of Warner Brothers, it advanced it.

12 minutes ago, MDC said:

Cross dresser / groomer. :thumbsdown: 

It's true, Bugs did dress but it was to confuse Elmer.

Cartoons back then had drinking and smoking.  They would show characters being drunk and seeing pink elephants.  They showed men drooling over women.  There was a lot they got away with then that they can't now.

6 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Cartoons back then had drinking and smoking.  They would show characters being drunk and seeing pink elephants.  They showed men drooling over women.  There was a lot they got away with then that they can't now.

Well, at least they were always very complimentary of the asians.

Just now, wiffleball said:

Well, at least they were always very complimentary of the asians.

Oh boy

1 hour ago, frank said:

Rabbit season!

Wabbit season :mad:

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I don't think they "got away" with anything. They just knew it wasn't harmful to anyone. Stupid people got involved and put endless restrictions in. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Utilit99 said:

I don't think they "got away" with anything. They just knew it wasn't harmful to anyone. Stupid people got involved and put endless restrictions in. 

Times have changed a lot.  Even shows like The Office couldn't make the same jokes today.  It sucks.

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

Times have changed a lot.  Even shows like The Office couldn't make the same jokes today.  It sucks.

It really does. 

Have you ever seen videos of the Dean Martin roasts television shows? My brother in law bought the lot of them. Holy fock, certain episodes were brutal what they said to each other. They said on TV stuff that would get you banned from this place even. So funny. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Pepe le pew...the Ben Roethlisberger of cartoons...or Joe Namath.

23 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Pepe le pew...the Ben Roethlisberger of cartoons...or Joe Namath.

Just like sux diddling the cats

Abracapocus 

9 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

My favorite are the drunk Mexican crows.

Eh Jose?

Si, Manuel?

Senior duck es Loco!

15 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Last week I watched a Tom Papa special from 2012 and thought “When does he get canceled?”  That’s how quickly we’ve declined.