Sign in to follow this  
BeenHereBefore

So When Does The 70's & 80'S Sports Player Draft Start ?

Yeah, that’s my area of expertise. I’ll probably be too much of a homer though. I’m in. 

• Like 1

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yeah, that’s my area of expertise. I’ll probably be too much of a homer though. I’m in. 

I'm gonna poach all the NY players just to piss you off. 😂

I tried to get something similar started a few months back, the concept wasn't 70s-80s sports but rather all time.

Only bostonlager signed up.

I'm getting a bit burnt out on drafting lately and will be busy when school lets out in China.

2 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I'm gonna poach all the NY players just to piss you off. 😂

I’m not a big star guy. I like the scrappy gamer types. But ill tell you, my first two picks won’t be NY players. 

2 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

I tried to get something similar started a few months back, the concept wasn't 70s-80s sports but rather all time.

Only bostonlager signed up.

I'm getting a bit burnt out on drafting lately and will be busy when school lets out in China.

Down the road but this could be a very good one, could even add a coach category.

My idea was You'd have all the positions on all the sports teams to fill. You could take a basketball shooting guard in round one, a baseball relief pitcher round two, an NFL linebacker round three.

Could also make room for  men and women tennis players, golfers, and Olympic athletes I imagine. Draft could go into the hundreds of rounds...

2 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

My idea was You'd have all the positions on all the sports teams to fill. You could take a basketball shooting guard in round one, a baseball relief pitcher round two, an NFL linebacker round three.

Could also make room for  men and women tennis players, golfers, and Olympic athletes I imagine. Draft could go into the hundreds of rounds...

Not bad at all but not sure all involved would have the patience for that many rds.

7 minutes ago, BeenHereBefore said:

Down the road but this could be a very good one, could even add a coach category.

Sports journalist category too perhaps.

5 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Thats a bit much id say. Hell, I don't even know what positions baseball, basketball, and hockey players played.

Hey Volty... I was thinking.

Maybe an easier way to run these things would be to create a shared Google doc or ms word doc. Then everyone can just go in and add their pick, and you dont have to update constantly. People could keep their own roster on there too.

6 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Thats a bit much id say.

We've done it before.... meaning you and I and shotsup and others...

1 minute ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Hey Volty... I was thinking.

Maybe an easier way to run these things would be to create a shared Google doc or ms word doc. Then everyone can just go in and add their pick, and you dont have to update constantly. People could keep their own roster on there too.

Bostonlager had the same idea earlier. Yeah it gets to be a bit taxing but I wouldn't really know how to do that.

Just now, Voltaire said:

We've done it before.... meaning you and I and shotsup and others...

Sure. It's been done. It took months as I recall. If people are down for that, fine by me.

I don't mind the length so much as the drafting by position part. I could do it just fine for football, but the other sports I'd just be drafting from some page I Googled. I have no idea who the best middle reliever or shooting guard is now, let alone before I was born.

But again, as the group wills.

MLB Roster is 26 

NFL is 53

NHL is 23

NBA is 12

(That NFL number kinda sticks out.... if we cut it in half and doubled NBA we'd have some parity in the 23-26 range)

Then the others we've mentioned Golf, Tennis, Olympians, Coaches, Broadcasters...

9 minutes ago, BunnysBastatrds said:

I’m in… already started???

No early stages but glad you are in. We still need to see the winner of the TV draft. Could be weeks or months but think it would be a blast.

• Like 1