Sign in to follow this  
RLLD

Cancelling Cancel Culture

Crypto giant Kraken offers 4 months' pay for employees who don't agree with its libertarian principles to leave

• Kraken's CEO is offering four months' pay for employees who don't agree with his values to leave.

• The program is dubbed "Jet Ski," and employees have until June 20 to take part, the New York Times reported.

• "We want it to feel like you are hopping on a jet ski and heading happily to your next adventure!" read a memo about the project.

Kraken, one of the world's largest cryptocurrency exchanges, will pay employees four months' worth of wages to leave if they disagree with its values, according to The New York Times.

The times did a hit piece on the CEO, of course, no challenge to the left is allowed....

Terrible article. I have no idea what the CEO supposedly did based on it and can’t decide whether these are just hypersensitive employees or if the workplace there is legit toxic. All I know now is that this Powell guy looks exactly like the type of dbag I’d expect to be CEO of a crypto currency company.

i agree with mdc for once...

"We want it to feel like you are hopping on a jet ski "

screams dooooooosh!!!!!

5 minutes ago, MDC said:

Terrible article. I have no idea what the CEO supposedly did based on it and can’t decide whether these are just hypersensitive employees or if the workplace there is legit toxic. All I know now is that this Powell guy looks exactly like the type of dbag I’d expect to be CEO of a crypto currency company.

:lol:

I knew exactly what he was gonna look like before I opened the article.

6 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Surprised he’s not wearing wire rimmed glasses.

The company has 3200 employees and 20 took the money, so 0.63%.  I'm ok with this.  He essentially got rid of the overly woke/snowflakes and didn't even hurt the company.  My guess is that the other 3180 employees are glad to see those 20 leave.  Looks like a great boss to work for.  Instead of having overly sensitive crybabies, he listened to the other 99% of his company and paved a way to remove the problem.  I don't see what the problem is.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MDC said:

Surprised he’s not wearing wire rimmed glasses.

18 hours ago, MDC said:

Your daughter strips for $ and bangs black guys for fun. She also never visits or even calls.

Coming from this guy...:doh:

18 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

The company has 3200 employees and 20 took the money, so 0.63%.  I'm ok with this.  He essentially got rid of the overly woke/snowflakes and didn't even hurt the company.  My guess is that the other 3180 employees are glad to see those 20 leave.  Looks like a great boss to work for.  Instead of having overly sensitive crybabies, he listened to the other 99% of his company and paved a way to remove the problem.  I don't see what the problem is.

Yep. Most normal ppl can’t stand lefties like that. They make the workplace miserable like everywhere else 

On 6/17/2022 at 1:42 PM, TBayXXXVII said:

My guess is that the other 3180 employees are glad to see those 20 leave. 

According to this video it's 30, but still only around 1.00% & you guessed correctly. 

1:04

• Like 1

15 hours ago, easilyscan said:

According to this video it's 30, but still only around 1.00% & you guessed correctly. 

Yeah, I mean, this dude nailed it.  I can't see how any normal, rational thinking person would have an issue with this.  I'd love to work in that kind of environment.

On 6/18/2022 at 9:41 AM, Djgb13 said:

Yep. Most normal ppl can’t stand lefties like that. They make the workplace miserable like everywhere else 

Agreed.  Leftists would be the only people against something like this.

On 6/17/2022 at 2:35 PM, GutterBoy said:

Martin Skrellish? 

“Feel like you’re getting on a jet ski” is definitely douchey, but I don’t see a problem with this.

Wouldn’t doubt some non-woke employees probably took the offer too though and just got a different job

10 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

“Feel like you’re getting on a jet ski” is definitely douchey, but I don’t see a problem with this.

Wouldn’t doubt some non-woke employees probably took the offer too though and just got a different job

Yeah, 4 months pay?  I don't doubt there were a few.

People left without trying to cancel the company....like adults??  :shocking:

A lot of people involved in crypto are alt-right, me being one of them. No one will give a damn. Kraken is a sh!t exchange but at least the CEO is halfway based.