Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

Is America the gayest country in the world?

America allowed a mail in president like creepy mental nut case joe to be in charge.

I now have my doubts about the US.  

We’re in a temporary hiatus bc of liberal policies. There’s still no place better. 
People became too comfortable here so they had to start coming up with things that offended them so they could complain about something. That’s what miserable people do. 

• Like 2

Just now, avoiding injuries said:

People became too comfortable here so they had to start coming up with things that offended them so they could complain about something. That’s what miserable people do. 

You're talking about the GC right?

We are the richest country on earth, and it isn't close.

Yet we are one of the only first world countries without health care.

We trail only north Korea in incarceration rate.

Pick something. Drugs, gun violence, education,  immigration, homelessness, family leave...  We suck at them all.

About all we're the best at is waging expensive pointless wars. That and feeding the stock market.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

You're talking about the GC right?

Yeah. You liberals that voted for the liberal retards. :dunno:

15 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Pick something. Drugs, gun violence, education,  immigration, homelessness, family leave...  We suck at them all.

About all we're the best at is waging expensive pointless wars. That and feeding the stock market.

Well, myself and my family have had good lives in the US. There are unfortunate people in the country because out of 330 million, it's bound to happen. 

But there are also a shltload of freeloaders that vote for big government because they don't want to play along with the nature of good ole fashioned hard work and advancement in life. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Well, myself and my family have had good lives in the US. There are unfortunate people in the country because out of 330 million, it's bound to happen. 

But there are also a shltload of freeloaders that vote for big government because they don't want to play along with the nature of good ole fashioned hard work and advancement in life. 

The fact of the matter is that at this point, it's hard to survive out there, let alone get ahead,  as an average Joe.

Education is a racket. You get loaded up with debt for a piece of paper that is damn near useless, as everyone has them.

Employers are an absolute show. Insurance is unaffordable for most, and with deductibles and out of pocket, useless for many of those who manage to afford it. Zero retirement or pension. Wages have been stagnant for forever. Housing is becoming absolutely unaffordable.

Lets be honest... Right now is far worse time for the common man since any time since ww2. Look at your parents and grandparents. They tell stories of paying for college with a part time job. Buying a home very affordable. None of that is possible now.

And the reason for that is our country is run by and for the corporate interest.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I don't know if it's the greatest anymore but I do know I wouldn't want to live anywhere else.  We have plenty of room for improvement.

51 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Enough with the incarceration rate. It’s not high enough. Unless you think the prisons are bursting with innocent people. People literally get away with murder in the thousands every year in this country. 

It use to be but it lost it’s sense of purpose,  half the country hates the other half, and corporate interests are draining them both. The country could use a rekindling and return to a more federalist position where each state navigates it’s own moral values,  educational policies, and economic approach and leaves the other states to themselves.

39 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Our health care is among the best so it is idiotic to say we don't have any.  It gets rated low because it is not completely socialized.  There are only a handful of countries where I would rather be treated.  Almost all medical advancements happen in the US.

The incarceration rates, drugs, violence, education issues are mainly because of the Democrat-created ghettos and their policies which destroys families.  It is tragic these hell holes in our inner cities.  But those are where Democrats get most of their votes in what seems to be a Stockholm syndrome like setup.   

This country would improve immensely if american-hating democrats would fruckin leave. 

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

The fact of the matter is that at this point, it's hard to survive out there, let alone get ahead,  as an average Joe.

Education is a racket. You get loaded up with debt for a piece of paper that is damn near useless, as everyone has them.

Employers are an absolute show. Insurance is unaffordable for most, and with deductibles and out of pocket, useless for many of those who manage to afford it. Zero retirement or pension. Wages have been stagnant for forever. Housing is becoming absolutely unaffordable.

Lets be honest... Right now is far worse time for the common man since any time since ww2. Look at your parents and grandparents. They tell stories of paying for college with a part time job. Buying a home very affordable. None of that is possible now.

And the reason for that is our country is run by and for the corporate interest.

Well, that's not all true. The times are different I imagine from back then but all people need to do is adjust. 

For instance, I changed professions at one point and basically went to community college to get the basic courses crossed off for cheap, and then transferred the credits and went to DeVry and got hired after 2 years there. I didn't start out making a ton but over time I got into the 6 figures. It just took patience and hard work. Hell, I even took a second job on weekends working 12 hour days on Saturday and Sunday to help me out along the way. People thought I was nuts. But when you put your mind to something you go for it. I actually miss my second job and wouldn't mind having it back honestly when I leave my current job of 19 years. But that was back in another state. 

I was talking to a neighbor yesterday about this. Trade schools are hungry for people. Electricians, wood workers, welders, etc. That is a great option these days.

A few years back one of my nephews skipped college and went to an automotive repair school in Illinois. Dude worked hard for a couple years, and the shop opened a second shop at a different location and he is running that now. Making bank and bought a new home. He didn't need an over the top expensive school to tell him how to succeed in this country. 

On the other hand, one of my nieces was an idiot. And her parents too supported her decision was idiotic. She went to a private local college and amassed massive loans to become a high school level teacher. She'll be paying those loans off for the rest of her life it seems.  

She could have gone to a much cheaper school and gotten that degree.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Voltaire said:

It use to be but it lost it’s sense of purpose,  half the country hates the other half, and corporate interests are draining them both. The country could use a rekindling and return to a more federalist position where each state navigates it’s own moral values,  educational policies, and economic approach and leaves the other states to themselves.

Still is as the States do that for the most part

At work I talk to a lot of people who live in Germany, Spain, England, and Switzerland that all love their countries. 

I lived in Canada for a few years and they love it up there, although that's basically United States north but with under paid physicians.

Term limits and the elimination of Career poltions, and a viable third party would put us back on track. 

What other country sets aside a whole month to let queers think they are normal?  Other groups also. 

• Thanks 1

On 6/18/2022 at 7:36 AM, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I’m doing quite fine but that’s for asking.  

On 6/18/2022 at 8:27 AM, jonmx said:

Our health care is among the best so it is idiotic to say we don't have any.  It gets rated low because it is not completely socialized.  There are only a handful of countries where I would rather be treated.  Almost all medical advancements happen in the US.

The incarceration rates, drugs, violence, education issues are mainly because of the Democrat-created ghettos and their policies which destroys families.  It is tragic these hell holes in our inner cities.  But those are where Democrats get most of their votes in what seems to be a Stockholm syndrome like setup.   

This country would improve immensely if american-hating democrats would fruckin leave. 

Nominated for "Post of the Year".

28 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Nominated for "Post of the Year".

While we may have some of the best health care in the world, what percentage of our population can afford it?

11 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

While we may have some of the best health care in the world, what percentage of our population can afford it?

According to the CDC, about 90%.

Just now, TBayXXXVII said:

According to the CDC, about 90%.

Hmm.  That's higher than I expected.

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Hmm.  That's higher than I expected.

Their website says that 9.7% of people of all ages, do not have healthcare.  I'm curious.  How many of them do you think are illegals?  Personally, I have no idea, but I'm guessing that they account for the majority.  Though, I'm assuming they don't have welfare, because you know, that's only supposed to be for citizens.  :dunno:

On 6/18/2022 at 8:16 AM, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

You nailed it. Most folks won’t want to hear it though, unless you pin all of these problems on the other “side.”

On 6/18/2022 at 8:27 AM, jonmx said:

Our healthcare is great. Our healthcare system gets rated poorly because almost no one can afford it unless it’s heavily subsidized by employers or the gov’t. The average health insurance premium for a family of 4 is more than $20k. That’s about a third of the average pretax household income. 

Our HC system is fantastic if you’re rich. Otherwise it blows.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, iam90sbaby said:

That show was focking terrible 

I know. There wasn’t one good character in the whole show. Horrible television. 

• Like 1

I tell you one thing that we’re wayyyy down the list on…class. How not only the citizens, but also the leaders of this country carry themselves has made us an international laughing stock. 

47 minutes ago, shovelheadt said:

I tell you one thing that we’re wayyyy down the list on…class. How not only the citizens, but also the leaders of this country carry themselves has made us an international laughing stock. 

Self respect waved bye bye a long time ago.

I honestly can’t say. Haven’t been to majority of other countries. But I can say for certain we are better than 99% of the countries in the world. We are also bigger than 99% of other countries as well have ALOT more cultures than any other country. You go to another country they struggle with diversity and racism (first hand accounts from blacks being overseas and having the locals call them monkeys, n word, or saying they should go back to Africa). We are actually the most tolerant of the countries. That being said, we are starting to come full circle. Cause we are so “anti racist” that we are coming back full circle to being racist. 

6 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

I honestly can’t say. Haven’t been to majority of other countries. But I can say for certain we are better than 99% of the countries in the world. We are also bigger than 99% of other countries as well have ALOT more cultures than any other country. You go to another country they struggle with diversity and racism (first hand accounts from blacks being overseas and having the locals call them monkeys, n word, or saying they should go back to Africa). We are actually the most tolerant of the countries. That being said, we are starting to come full circle. Cause we are so “anti racist” that we are coming back full circle to being racist. 

Good thing I don't base if a country is good or not on how they treat minorities 

4 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

Good thing I don't base if a country is good or not on how they treat minorities 

I do to an extent. A very small extent. 

Here's what I know... there are people risking their lives trying to get here (illegally), and risking their livelihoods to stay here (illegally), more than any other country in the world.  Conversely, I don't see a mass exodus of this country.  So, apparently there's a lot of people out there that think we're the best.