Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

Is America the gayest country in the world?

1 minute ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Here's what I know... there are people risking their lives trying to get here (illegally), and risking their livelihoods to stay here (illegally), more than any other country in the world.  Conversely, I don't see a mass exodus of this country.  So, apparently there's a lot of people out there that think we're the best.

It's because we give them the most free sh!t, that's literally the only reason.

1 minute ago, iam90sbaby said:

It's because we give them the most free sh!t, that's literally the only reason.

No it's not.  A small percentage, yes.  The "only" reason?  No.

1 minute ago, TBayXXXVII said:

No it's not.  A small percentage, yes.  The "only" reason?  No.

It's the closest non-sh!thole country. If they could jump the wall into Canada instead they would.

Just now, iam90sbaby said:

It's the closest non-sh!thole country. If they could jump the wall into Canada instead they would.

Once they're in the US there's nothing stopping them from going to Canada.

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

Yes there is.  It's called border security.  Who'd a thunk it.

2 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Yes there is.  It's called border security.  Who'd a thunk it.

The entire border of Canada is completely secure?  It doesn't take much to cross into Canada from Minnesota.

10 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

The entire border of Canada is completely secure?  It doesn't take much to cross into Canada from Minnesota.

They don't just secure the border, they enforce it.  Canada is quick to kick out illegals.  For a country as liberal as they are, they have a very low threshold of tolerance for illegals.

16 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

So stupid. 

8 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Good talk

You’re not a biologist either I guess 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You’re not a biologist either I guess 

What are you talking about?

4 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

What are you talking about?

You say something that is true and stupid at the same time. 

2 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Jesus.

On 6/18/2022 at 1:57 PM, Utilit99 said:

At work I talk to a lot of people who live in Germany, Spain, England, and Switzerland that all love their countries. 

I lived in Canada for a few years and they love it up there, although that's basically United States north but with under paid physicians.

On 6/18/2022 at 5:27 AM, jonmx said:

Our health care is among the best so it is idiotic to say we don't have any.  It gets rated low because it is not completely socialized.  There are only a handful of countries where I would rather be treated.  Almost all medical advancements happen in the US.

I worked with a Canuck, biggest Lefty I know.  He's lived in the Bay Area for the past 20 years because... his then young child had a severe medical problem which couldn't be treated in Canada, or treated in a timely fashion.  Doesn't stop him from talking shiot about the U.S. all of the time tho.  

It's discussions like that that make me want to build a dome around the U.S. and tell Canada "have fun dealing with Russia coming over the top for your oil, we're out." :thumbsup: 

Anyone else notice how hot it’s been during pride month? God giving them a free trial 

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Anyone else notice how hot it’s been during pride month? 

I think it’s just you. :unsure: 

What was the question? Sorry I had a cack in my ear.

17 hours ago, jerryskids said:

I worked with a Canuck, biggest Lefty I know.  He's lived in the Bay Area for the past 20 years because... his then young child had a severe medical problem which couldn't be treated in Canada, or treated in a timely fashion.  Doesn't stop him from talking shiot about the U.S. all of the time tho.  

It's discussions like that that make me want to build a dome around the U.S. and tell Canada "have fun dealing with Russia coming over the top for your oil, we're out." :thumbsup: 

Yeah, when I was up there a lot of them hate the US and speak openly about it. Those of us who were from the US just laughed them off. Although,  in my group of friends, the topic never really came up that much. 

Here's my big experience with their health care system. 

I had to go to the emergency room their once. I tore up my knee a little bit and needed stiches at the very least. Ended up getting 17 stitches. When I injured it I hobbled over to my apartment and grabbed a shirt that was lying on the floor of my room and tied it around my leg. A friend of mine called a cab and came along with. None of us had cars or even needed them. 

Got to the emergency room and after checking in I had to sit and wait 5 hours before I was called in. All the while I was sitting there swelling up and bleeding out of my knee into a t-shirt wrapped around it. There were like 15 people in the waiting area with some problem or another. 

When they finally called my name, they took me to a room and I got up on a table and waited there another 30 minutes til the doctor came in. The guy put numbing agent in my knee then left and came back about 20 minutes later and started to sew me up. Halfway through getting the stitches, he got called away and abruptly left. Came back 30 minutes later and said, "I'm the only doctor here today, A guy just died on me.", and he finished stitching me up and wrapping my leg and he left. 

So I left the hospital after being there for over 6-7 hours at the time, and went home via cab. Finally was getting some sleep and all of a sudden my knee starts to feel like all the nerves in my knee are on fire. I guess whatever he numbed my knee with was wearing off. Holy hell, I realized the doctor never gave me any pain killers or subscription for pain killers. I called a friend who I expected would have pain killers and he lived right across the street. He did have some and he brought some over. The next day like 4 of my friends stopped by, all bringing painkillers they had. Tylenol with codeine and the like. 

On 6/20/2022 at 1:17 PM, Hawkeye21 said:

It does. 

Why do celebrities threaten to leave if their opposing candidate loses, and then they never do? Canada (and many other countries) have some pretty strict rules about coming in and staying. You have to have a job and provide proof that it's a long term situation.  Celebrities learn what they need to do to actually "leave" and realize, oh. Yeah. I can't really do that. 

I recently looked up Ireland requirements and Germany - Germany is pretty strict requiring a sponsor, having to speak the language, and provide proof you have a job there and citizenship takes about 5 plus years, because you have to prove you're there for the long haul - not to just drain their resources. 

We pretty much let people in without any proof of ANYTHING. 

Just now, TheNewGirl said:

It does. 

Why do celebrities threaten to leave if their opposing candidate loses, and then they never do? Canada (and many other countries) have some pretty strict rules about coming in and staying. You have to have a job and provide proof that it's a long term situation.  Celebrities learn what they need to do to actually "leave" and realize, oh. Yeah. I can't really do that. 

I recently looked up Ireland requirements and Germany - Germany is pretty strict requiring a sponsor, having to speak the language, and provide proof you have a job there and citizenship takes about 5 plus years, because you have to prove you're there for the long haul - not to just drain their resources. 

We pretty much let people in without any proof of ANYTHING. 

I don't think it would take much for me to cross the border and live off grid in Canada for a long time.  As for illegals from Mexico, I'm not sure how long it would take for them to get caught and deported.  From what I've read it looks like they do a better job of removing illegals than the US does.