Sign in to follow this  
Pimpadeaux

Cat Contest

Cat Contest  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in this contest?

• Yes, it will be fun. And I love prizes! And kittahs!
    • No, you troll. Go fock a cat and fly it!

Several of you have wondered how many focking cats we have in the house, and I got the idea this morning to have a contest guessing how many cats we have.

For those who don't know, my wife and I rescue and foster cats as part of our work with a non-profit. COVID shut down her business, which doubled as a cat lounge, so we brought a bunch of them home because they had nowhere else to go. We do have a new lounge, but we have to wait our turn like the other fosters do in moving the cats up there.

Adoptions are frequent, and sometimes they tragically get sick and die, so the number of cats in our house varies.

So the contest would be to guess how many cats we have in the house right now. The closest to guessing how many we have without going over would win a bottle of barbecue sauce from our famous local place, and you'd get naming rights to our next cat - within reason. 

Once the guesses are in, I'll start a thread and roll out a cat or two a day, with y'all not knowing which is the last cat until I announce it.

To prevent there appearance of contest-bending shenanigans of my part, I'll tell one trusted person how many we have so it doesn't look like I'm fixing the contest.

Also, during the contest period, I will not post anything political or about Ukraine.

Guesses:

Posty - 10

5 Points - 18

TBayXXXVII - 9

WhiteWonder - 21

TommyGavin - 12

Horseman - 0

KSB2424 - 13

Jerryskids - 32

Bunnybasderds-13

BeenHereBefore - 19

Gladiators - 17

Voltaire - 24

Kopy - 11

MTSkiBum - 40

Dain1127 - 27

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Since there isn't a cat toof involved, you might have a chance. :thumbsup:

:lol:

Yeah I will probably win this one...

I've seen photos.... Let me put it this way you can smell the cat piss by just looking at it.

• Haha 1

There's a pvssy joke in here somewhere. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Cats are the worst

I used to hate them as well. I get it.

8 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Cats are the worst

Cats are cool. They pick their people though so maybe you just haven't found one that likes you.  :dunno:

Just now, 5-Points said:

Cats are cool. They pick their people though so maybe you just haven't found one that likes you.  :dunno:

There isn't much I like about cats it's general.  I prefer dogs.

10 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Cats have more distinctive personalities, IMHO. They're all wonderfully weird in their own way, and their personalities evolve. They also like routine and building rapport. One follows me around like a dog and turns on the kitchen faucet when he wants to take a drink. Some come feral as hell, and months later she's sitting in my lap all night. 5-Points was accurate in how they pick people. 

One of my clients got brain cancer and died, and we took in her four cats. We got three of them adopted out, but this cute little calico with emerald-green eyes picked Rusty II. She walks around him and meows when he walking around in the house. And she's all up in his lap when he sits down. He'll be taking her with him when he moves out in a couple of months.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I hear ya. I used to be strictly a dog guy. My wife was a cat person. I developed a liking for them over the years. They have no focks to give. They aren't the attention whoores that dogs are. :thumbsup:

im guessing you OWN 4-5 of your own. Throw in a dozen fosters, at least one of which will also have come along with kittens and i'll guess

32 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

I hear ya. I used to be strictly a dog guy. My wife was a cat person. I developed a liking for them over the years. They have no focks to give. They aren't the attention whoores that dogs are. :thumbsup:

I always was (and still am) a dog guy. But I love animals in general. In Nov. 2021 I adopted a month and a half old kitten from a shelter. I couldn't bring him home until he hit  certain weight and could be fixed and given his first rabies shots. I brought him home in early January. My reasoning was that my complex does not allow pets. It's in the lease... yet plenty of people have dogs... Labs, Shepherds, etc so it's clear no one cares. Still, I would have felt bad for neighbors who may have chosen this complex BECAUSE it was no pets and don't want to hear barking, etc. Cat is much easier to hide and doesn't bother anyone. 

He has a great personality. His favorite thing to do is play fetch with toy mice. He can play for hours. He waits for the throw, never gets faked out, flies after it and brings it right back to you. No different than my previous Lab other than the fact the lab would get tired of fetch before this cat. He hunts bugs which is helpful. He likes to play-fight with my arm which is fun and also remind me of my Lab play biting my arm... although sometimes I have to put an end to it because the cat "bunny kicks" leave my arm a little torn up. 

He was the runt of the litter and way behind his siblings in growing which is why it took longer than expected to get him home but he grew like crazy in the several months i've had him. Hes not huge but definitely no longer a runt. 

He bird watches, refuses to use the bed I bought him and will sleep absolutely anywhere else. He is extremely well behaved (probably sleeping mostly) when I am not home. I never come home to any messes of any kind, no vomit, hairballs, nothing knocked over. However, when he wants my attention thats a different story. then he will tip over my drink on purpose, knock remotes off the table, go places he's not supposed to like onto the stove. He wants me to chase him. He also enjoys hiding around corners or in laundry baskets / boxes / etc so he can dart out when I walk by, quickly attack my ankle and run away. 

He's still only 9 months so despite how he's grown, I remind myself that mentally he's still a kitten. I did get a harness and leash and he has had some outdoor adventures. Mostly exploring yards, but also climbing some smaller trees..... he gets apprehensive if he doesn't remember exactly where he is and I end up dragging or carrying him, but in cases where he knows his surroundings, like when we return to my place, he walks in front of me like any old small dog going for a walk. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

I always was (and still am) a dog guy. But I love animals in general. In Nov. 2021 I adopted a month and a half old kitten from a shelter. I couldn't bring him home until he hit  certain weight and could be fixed and given his first rabies shots. I brought him home in early January. My reasoning was that my complex does not allow pets. It's in the lease... yet plenty of people have dogs... Labs, Shepherds, etc so it's clear no one cares. Still, I would have felt bad for neighbors who may have chosen this complex BECAUSE it was no pets and don't want to hear barking, etc. Cat is much easier to hide and doesn't bother anyone. 

He has a great personality. His favorite thing to do is play fetch with toy mice. He can play for hours. He waits for the throw, never gets faked out, flies after it and brings it right back to you. No different than my previous Lab other than the fact the lab would get tired of fetch before this cat. He hunts bugs which is helpful. He likes to play-fight with my arm which is fun and also remind me of my Lab play biting my arm... although sometimes I have to put an end to it because the cat "bunny kicks" leave my arm a little torn up. 

He was the runt of the litter and way behind his siblings in growing which is why it took longer than expected to get him home but he grew like crazy in the several months i've had him. Hes not huge but definitely no longer a runt. 

He bird watches, refuses to use the bed I bought him and will sleep absolutely anywhere else. He is extremely well behaved (probably sleeping mostly) when I am not home. I never come home to any messes of any kind, no vomit, hairballs, nothing knocked over. However, when he wants my attention thats a different story. then he will tip over my drink on purpose, knock remotes off the table, go places he's not supposed to like onto the stove. He wants me to chase him. He also enjoys hiding around corners or in laundry baskets / boxes / etc so he can dart out when I walk by, quickly attack my ankle and run away. 

He's still only 9 months so despite how he's grown, I remind myself that mentally he's still a kitten. I did get a harness and leash and he has had some outdoor adventures. Mostly exploring yards, but also climbing some smaller trees..... he gets apprehensive if he doesn't remember exactly where he is and I end up dragging or carrying him, but in cases where he knows his surroundings, like when we return to my place, he walks in front of me like any old small dog going for a walk. 

What you have there is what's called a puppy cat. We have one too, named Pat. We couldn't tell if he was male or female when he was young, soooo, Pat. :D

Puppy cats are awesome. When they look you in the eye and knock something off the counter just to be dicks... :mad:   :lol:   :mad: 

Sounds like a great cat!  :cheers:

1 hour ago, WhiteWonder said:

Now that's a great cat right there!

Also, if any one of you fockers wants to adopt any of the cats I post, PM me and we'll see what we can do.

I'll pay the adoption fee. 

All of these cats have been tested for virus. All come chipped, fixed and vaccinated.

This isn't this contest's point, though.

I just think it'll be fun and give everyone a breather from my trolling. 

2 hours ago, Horseman said:

Imagine devoting your life to rescuing feral foking cats.  

We don't devote our lives to it. I volunteer for the chamber and the Arc chapter here, among other things. I've played Christmas songs on trumpet next to a Salvation Army kettle.

But the cat stuff is far more emotional. People put kittens in boxes and throw them on the side of the road. We take in injured stray cats and get them care. Many of them are friendly deep down inside but need time and love to figure that out. Sometimes it's heartbreaking because they have a ticking time bomb of a virus that pops up and kills them in a matter of hours. 

It's bittersweet when they get adopted, but when we see someone adopted a cat and go on to post endless pictures of it on social media, that's where it's really rewarding.

We play matchmaker and bring joy to people's lives.

And every now and then one bites the sh!t out of me.

Y'all got nothing to lose by throwing some numbers out there.

You could win barbecue sauce and the right to name a cat.

Anyone here that uses the term "puppy cat" automatically gets their man-card revoked.  

Does second place get a bottle of bbq sauce AND a Sharkdance CD?

4 minutes ago, patweisers44 said:

Does second place get a bottle of bbq sauce AND a Sharkdance CD?

1st Place: Shark Dance CD.

2nd Place: Two Shark Dance CDs.

Last Place: Lifetime supply of Shark Dance CDs.

• Haha 3

33 minutes ago, Horseman said:

Anyone here that uses the term "puppy cat" automatically gets their man-card revoked.  

Come get it, little man. 

• Thanks 1

Just throw out a number, assmegs. Free stuff.

Just now, KSB2424 said:

Please change my number to 14.  It was my HS baseball jersey #

Done.

Props on hosting a community building contest like this.  Further props for also on doing the cat rescue and various other charitable work, Junior Achievement, Salvation Army you've mentioned previously.